Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skaloon wrote: View Post
    yup JV starts now - so that adds a lot of minutes. if Kavaliauskas sucked as he should - JV would play 20 mins now. cause Songaila can't play whole game - and he is not even a C. BTW Kleiza sucks as PF on D. when we run the small line-up with Kleiza as PF - we get crushed on defense. if JV actually played his best (like he did sometimes in LR) - he could get those 20 mins right now - but JV is playing worse than he played in LR mid-season. i think he is a bit out of shape right now - it wa a hard season - even youngsters like JV get tired - more emiotionally than physically.

i actually just rewatched the game vs dominican res focusing on JV only. i had worse impression first time. but know i think that game was good for JV - he actually played like he used to for LR mid-season that game. BTW he got more time becase Javtokas was already injuried. so if JV kept playing like he played vs dominican res - he would play 20 mins right now.
    When you started posting during this past season you were quite down on JV at that time. He ended up playing quite well the rest of the year.

If I recall correctly, you are a Zalgris fan. With all due respect, could the rivalry between L. Rytas and Zalgris cloud your judgement on JV?

Credit needs to be given where due and your projections have indeed been more accurate than many posters here.

Some biased Raptor reporter thoughts:

Ryan Wolstat Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Why is Lithuania barely playing Valanciunas? Surely he could have matched up against Turiaf or something?
    Ryan Wolstat Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Not like the other Lithuanian big men are ripping it up. I don't get it
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

History shows Lithuania does well when Valanciunas gets minutes. Coach is making a mistake, young or not, he's better than their other bigs

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      When you started posting during this past season you were quite down on JV at that time. He ended up playing quite well the rest of the year.

If I recall correctly, you are a Zalgris fan. With all due respect, could the rivalry between L. Rytas and Zalgris cloud your judgement on JV?

Credit needs to be given where due and your projections have indeed been more accurate than many posters here.
      my first post on regarding JV was on Thu May 31st, 2012

so season was already over.

i repeat again - i have no hate for the kid. and i'm not a fan of noone - i actually sympathise with LR more - because they are underdogs most of the time. the only reason why i uploaded those Sonny Weems (and Ty Lawson games) - because i'm more interested in NBA b-ball than europe. so i was interested in how Sonny and Ty does. quite frankly - NBA is the best and there is no debate about it.

i'm trying to be realistic - that's it.

BTW i'm uploading all LT official games of this year right now on my youtube chanell - so if you wanna re-watch on how JV is actually doing - check it out. cause no opinions will get you the truth more than actual game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/skaloon
      Last edited by Skaloon; Thu Aug 2, 2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Skaloon wrote: View Post
        my first post on regarding JV was on Thu May 31st, 2012

so season was already over.

i repeat again - i have no hate for the kid. and i'm not a fan of noone - i actually sympathise with LR more - because they are underdogs most of the time. the only reason why i uploaded those Sonny Weems (and Ty Lawson games) - because i'm more interested in NBA b-ball than europe. so i was interested in how Sonny and Ty does. quite frankly - NBA is the best and there is no debate about it.

i'm trying to be realistic - that's it.

BTW i'm uploading all LT official games of this year right now on my youtube chanell - so if you wanna re-watch on how JV is actually doing - check it out. cause no opinions will get you the truth more than actual game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/skaloon
        Apologies. My mistake. It is hard to remember everyone..... and what they wrote.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

If Valanciunas could do well against guys like Chris Kaman and Gasols when he was a year younger and smaller, not sure why he can't play now

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Apologies. My mistake. It is hard to remember everyone..... and what they wrote.
            just check out those games. by the end of this day i should be finished uploading all the olympic games. (uploading the first one vs argentina right now, but it takes a while, 10 GB size rip) JV didn't play much - so it shouldn't take much time to skip ahead to JV minutes on the court.
            Last edited by Skaloon; Thu Aug 2, 2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• 10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
              If his play continues along this track, (and let's face it, it's been awful) how devastated will everyone be?

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting him to score a lot, but I was sure he was at least going to go out, rebound and be that high-energy guy. I haven't been seeing that yet. I might be judging too early, but the Olympic games will be finished before he knows it, and the last thing I want is for him to have a confidence setback before he joins the Raptors in for training camp.

All I want from young Jonas during the Olympics is one break-out game. Just one where he can show the world what he's capable of.
              +1
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Tim Chisholm Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

I’m just finishing the LIT/FRA game and there is no defense for JV’s lack of mins in 2nd half when team was killed in the paint.
                Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

I get that they made a 1st half run going small, but letting Kavaliauskas play more than double JV’s mins is asinine.
                More biased Raptor reporter/columnist views.

Comment

• It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Jonas must've fooled around with coach's daughter...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Jonas must've fooled around with coach's daughter...
                    .... and his wife...... at the same time it appears. lol - joking.

Comment

• Loool
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• it's not too fun to be LT coach - especially in bad times. it's like a rollercoaster - 1 day they love him - next day they hate him. the coach won't be there next year if something doesn't change soon - unless LTU pulls off a miracle win vs Spain in QF (LTU prolly gonna play vs spain in QF), unless LTU manages to lose to Tunisia. however, it's sad - cause the coach is doing a decent job with what players he has - i mean he already pull of miracle bronze medals in world championship 2 years ago. LTU is in transition now - youngsters like JV - are too young to dominate and old guys like Jasikevicius - are not the same as they used to be 5-10 years ago when he was killing USA.

Kemzura has no place for experiments right now - he can't just let JV play trough his fouls and mistakes on D. these games are live or die
                        Last edited by Skaloon; Thu Aug 2, 2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• sorry guys no olympic games on youtube - should have known they gonna block it.

Comment

• After what USA did to Nigeria today, I dont want to imagine what they will do to Lithuania.

Comment

• I don't think Lithuania will lose by as much as Nigeria.

What I am afraid of is if someobe like LeBron dunks over JV and Val fades out of existence just like Weis.
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• “I didn’t play well,” Valanciunas said with a frown. “I played not my best game, and our coach is coaching to win, not give me [playing] time.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...06/?cmpid=rss1
                                Nice to see him accept responsibility for his play versus blaming coaches or officiating.

Comment

Working...
                                X