View Poll Results: Grade Valanciunas' Season

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    29 27.88%
  • B

    56 53.85%
  • C

    17 16.35%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    2 1.92%
Page 80 of 169 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3370

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

  1. #1581
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    A lithuanian basketball site wrote that JV has set a personal goal for the season: to win the ROY trophy. I'm not sure it's really realistic though, but then again, aim for the stars if you fall short you will still land on the moon
    I beleive he is currently ranked 5th in nba.com's rookie ladder. Ahead of him are Lillard, and A. Davis along with a couple of second round guys. If JV can move up past them into the 3rd spot on the ladder it could be a dog fight for the number 1 spot between those three. Obviously it's so early in the season, but all three are starters on their respective teams.

  2. #1582
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I beleive he is currently ranked 5th in nba.com's rookie ladder....
    Not going to be there long. :-)

  3. #1583
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Best. Quote. Ever.

    “I did double-double?” he asked, when told of his accomplishment. “Great, but it’s more important that our team wins or doesn’t win. It’s not enough, then.” He paused, then added, “maybe I should do triple-double?”


    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4808484/

  4. #1584
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    “I did double-double?” he asked, when told of his accomplishment. “Great, but it’s more important that our team wins or doesn’t win. It’s not enough, then.” He paused, then added, “maybe I should do triple-double?”


    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4808484/
    HAHA I love his interviews!

  5. #1585
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    “I did double-double?” he asked, when told of his accomplishment. “Great, but it’s more important that our team wins or doesn’t win. It’s not enough, then.” He paused, then added, “maybe I should do triple-double?”


    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4808484/
    lol, awesome.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  6. #1586
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Was anyone else surprised how aggressive JV was offensively? Wouldn't have guessed he'd have taken 15 shots before the game.

  7. #1587
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Was anyone else surprised how aggressive JV was offensively? Wouldn't have guessed he'd have taken 15 shots before the game.
    Thing is, they weren't bad shots. A couple were on those alley oops which probably shouldn't have even counted as attempts. The jumpers were all wide open, elbow shots in the rhythmn of the offence. He has to take those. It's not like he missed everything outside of two feet. The only questionable shot was the wild hook of the OffReb that he airballed. Otherwise, he did fine.

  8. #1588
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  9. #1589
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Thing is, they weren't bad shots. A couple were on those alley oops which probably shouldn't have even counted as attempts. The jumpers were all wide open, elbow shots in the rhythmn of the offence. He has to take those. It's not like he missed everything outside of two feet. The only questionable shot was the wild hook of the OffReb that he airballed. Otherwise, he did fine.
    Wasn't questioning the number just more so surprised on the volume. He did have a number of elbow and further jumpers and some I wouldn't classify as wide open. He was super aggressive and had a shoot first mentality which was surprising at least to me.

  10. #1590
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Wasn't questioning the number just more so surprised on the volume. He did have a number of elbow and further jumpers and some I wouldn't classify as wide open. He was super aggressive and had a shoot first mentality which was surprising at least to me.
    Caseys job, trust me, he never plays like that.

  11. #1591
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    calmdownpussiesburg
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    gameplan is probably to make teams respect his jumper and make him a threat to make up for landry fields crappy shot

  12. #1592
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Having 2 starting wingmen that can't make outside shots doesn't help

  13. #1593
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    It's amazing how few of those highlights were pick'n rolls. It will be fun once they figure that out

  14. #1594
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    It's amazing how few of those highlights were pick'n rolls. It will be fun once they figure that out
    Can anyone recognize who the guy on the bench is that gets so jacked up when JV makes a big play? The last couple highlights of that highlight reel he gets right off the bench.

  15. #1595
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    Can anyone recognize who the guy on the bench is that gets so jacked up when JV makes a big play? The last couple highlights of that highlight reel he gets right off the bench.
    John Lucas? Landry? LK? ED?Amir? lol might as well list everyone

  16. #1596
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    Can anyone recognize who the guy on the bench is that gets so jacked up when JV makes a big play? The last couple highlights of that highlight reel he gets right off the bench.
    looks like McGuire. Big guy but no beard.

  17. #1597
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Landry Fields sucks .... What a waste of cap space
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  18. #1598
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Landry Fields sucks .... What a waste of cap space
    I see what you did there.

  19. #1599
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    looks like McGuire. Big guy but no beard.
    I think McGuire was in street clothes for this one though. Could have used him on the defensive end down the stretch... West anyone?

  20. #1600
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    865
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    Can anyone recognize who the guy on the bench is that gets so jacked up when JV makes a big play? The last couple highlights of that highlight reel he gets right off the bench.
    On the putback dunk? I think it was AA and Ross

    EDIT: On the last shot of that vid it was almost definitely AA
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 8 guests)

  1. MACK11

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •