Lil' Val
    Jonas Express
    Jova
    Big Val
    J-Val
    J-Bomb
    J-Wall

Any others?
    "J-Wall" is probably better suited for a certain Wizards point guard...

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
      Flying V
      J-Vicious
      Big Valley
      JV
      Lil' Val
      Jonas Express
      Jova
      Big Val
      J-Val
      J-Bomb
      J-Wall

Any others?
      Those were really good. Dennis Scott came up with Big Valley and I like it.
      J Wall would work if it wasn't being used by John wall.
      I need to spend time coming up with some good nick names for Jonas and the rest of the team.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Mount Valsuvius?

Comment

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
          Mount Valsuvius?
          It could be a bit of a stretch lol. I like it though. Some more spitballing:

Joval
          Valantagious
          Bigfoot
          Highlander
          Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Mon Aug 13, 2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
            It could be a bit of a stretch lol. I like it though. Some more spitballing:

Joval
            Valantagious
            Bigfoot
            HAHAHAHA BIGFOOT made me laugh like a dumbass!

Valantagious sounds good when he catches a cough or so, otherwise the name sounds, nasty.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I got a crazy idea....let's call him Jonas

I remember the good ol' days when only established players deserved nicknames...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I got a crazy idea....let's call him Jonas

I remember the good ol' days when only established players deserved nicknames...
                +1. Also, here's a sweet wallpaper of Jonas, props to my brother

http://i.imgur.com/2Pufa.jpg
                Last edited by wallz; Mon Aug 13, 2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I got a crazy idea....let's call him Jonas

+1000

A few years ago it got really bad, to the point where I couldn't even watch the American broadcast on whichever network it was that showed the Sunday games, because every other player was "unbelievable" and had a nickname based on their initials and jersey #. I totally agree with you about actually earning a nickname. I hate how the NBA has gone out of its way to market the names on the back of the jersey moreso than the name on the front!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    +1000

A few years ago it got really bad, to the point where I couldn't even watch the American broadcast on whichever network it was that showed the Sunday games, because every other player was "unbelievable" and had a nickname based on their initials and jersey #. I totally agree with you about actually earning a nickname. I hate how the NBA has gone out of its way to market the names on the back of the jersey moreso than the name on the front!
                    Swirsky was just as much to blame. The "Banger Brothers" for Lonnie Baxter and Robert Archibald??? C'mon now...

Comment

• http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/f...unas-block.jpg

Love this picture, can someone make it into or part of a wallpaper?
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• All you have to do to remedy that situation is bring back the XFL style jerseys and allow them to put their nick names on the back. That way you'll never forget and feel outdated.

In all honestly, I got no problems with nicknames. I don't really know how you "earn" a nickname. The way I see it. if it's good it'll stick. I do know what you're saying about a few years back. My issue was how they weren't creative AT ALL.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                          All you have to do to remedy that situation is bring back the XFL style jerseys and allow them to put their nick names on the back. That way you'll never forget and feel outdated.

In all honestly, I got no problems with nicknames. I don't really know how you "earn" a nickname. The way I see it. if it's good it'll stick. I do know what you're saying about a few years back. My issue was how they weren't creative AT ALL.
                          I just recall nicknames being based on what the player did on the court, their personality, their physical attributes or even their name.

It's one thing when it's a nickname given by teammates, as usually it's a much shorter and quicker-to-say name, which is just easier to use during the course of the game. ie: it's way easier to say "Mo" or "Mo-P" or "Mo-Pete" instead of asking "Morris" to pass the ball...

I hate nicknames like CB4, AK47, CP3, etc... that's just initials + jersey number = nickname... wow, so creative and so meaningful! Sounds more like a marketing ploy to me.

Comment

• AK47 is a fucking sick nickname tho. CB4 and CP3 are just kinda initials and jersey number big whoop, its like calling Bargnani AB7 or Derozan DD10. AK47 is one of the few nicknames that actually works well and sounds badass

Comment

• Yeah AK47 is pretty sick. But I think names like CB4 come from the commentators trying to spice things up, so they aren't saying the same names all the time.. Can't really blame them

Comment

Swirsky was just as much to blame. The "Banger Brothers" for Lonnie Baxter and Robert Archibald??? C'mon now...
                                this actually made me laugh
                                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                                X