Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post

Currently reading a local interview with JV about leaving Lithuania for NBA (I think it's today's).
    Wanna give us a recap?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Q: How do you feel leaving Lithuania?
      JV: Sad to leave Utena, Vilnius, sad to leave the home country in general, but it's time to move forward. On the same note, I'm very excited and can't wait to fly to Toronto.

Q: Overseas, new culture awaits you. There's going to be culutral adjustments, new teammates. Don't these thing frighten you?
      JV: I'm ready for that. My life will change, but so will I. I think I am prepared for that.

Q: You've been to Toronto. Perhaps you already have a living place and a car?
      JV: Not yet. As soon as I get there, I'll need to look around at few places, I'll have to pick something. Regarding the car, I don't think there will be any trouble.

Q: Have you had a chance to talk to coaches and management about your role in first season and what they expect from you?
      JV: I haven't received any precise tasks. Perhaps I'll get some when I get there.

Q: What is the most precious advice you've received from Linas (Kleiza)?
      JV: Not to rush it. I haven't much more advice, but I'm sure I still will.

Q: As the new season approaches there's a lot of hype on you in American and Canadian press. You're projected as a top 5 rookie. What do you think of such high hopes?
      JV: I don't read such articles. It looks very strange to me. I mean, I have yet to play in NBA, but still they are making projections, without much basis. They can't realistically do that. There are a lot of differences between basketball in Europe and NBA.

Q: After London 2012, you've already been to Toronto. You've had some business to take care of in Lithuania as well. Have you had the time for rest?
      JV: I did have a lot of stuff to do here. I wanted to be in Lithuania, say goodbye to everyone.

Q: Official training start on October 1st, but you're getting there earlier. Do you plan on some extra preparations?
      JV: I'll be moving in, getting some minor stuff done - not game related.

Q: You've taken only 2 bags. Enough for a year?
      JV: Well, if I missed something, they'll send them to me.

Comment

• Thanks, omg!

Comment

• No problem, sorry for mistakes and bad english, haven't had the time to make it as good as possible :/

Comment

• He should arrive in Toronto tomorrow, so he'll likely give an interview at the airport that will probably sound a lot like this one...

I need to see JV in Canada. Can somebody do a reality show please. I want a 24/7 feed right now

Comment

• He's heeere!

http://instagram.com/p/Pnrb-6xHEt/

Comment

• *high pitched squeal*

Replace any of the Beatles with Jonas
                Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sat Sep 15, 2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Honestly, I have that same feeling that I felt when I saw Jonas in his Raptors jersey...

After waiting all this time, he was almost like a mythical figure...

I just feel... relieved.

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                    Honestly, I have that same feeling that I felt when I saw Jonas in his Raptors jersey...

After waiting all this time, he was almost like a mythical figure...

I just feel... relieved.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Also... I've asked this before...

Can we change the title?

to something like "Everything Valanciunas: Jonas has landed!"

Comment

• That little move at 2:32 in the video, against Team USA is really nice.

Comment

• http://blog.raptors.com/jonas-has-landed/

Comment

• My bad Raptor_11 didn't see your post...

Comment

• welcome to raptor land. Now stop posing all fey, ditch those BS headphones (get yourself some B&W P5s, waaaaaaaaaaaay better and I own both) and start mean muggin a lil.

On second thought, just learn to stay outta trouble and whatever you do, do not ever, for any reason whatsoever, back down or show any form of fear and you'll be OK. Welcome to the Mens league.
                                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X