Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Garnett cheats

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garnett cheats

Practically every screen that Garnett sets is illegal. What kills me is that he knows that if he does it every time, the refs won't call it, and the truth is, guys get open on the paremeter because of those screens.

It all wouldn't bug me as much if he didn't get so many favourable calls on offense.

Buy anyway, this isn't just a hater thread. I wanted to say that if we get by Brooklyn, I really doubt that any team will be this tough to score on, cheating and all. It will be great prep for the second round

Post Thanks / Like

KG has always done that, and you can see Casey talking to the refs about it every game.

That said, there are better defences in the playoffs than Brooklyn.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was one where he literally dropped his shoulder into Lowry and forcefully shoved him away leading to a Williams three. I even had the nerve to get annoyed at Kyle for being caught on the screens during the game

4. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The refs are all scared of the death stare KG would give them if they whistled him....and then have to deal with Doc Rivers on the sidelines chirping in their ear. They probably think that Rivers is still his coach. If JV moved as much he'd be fouling out by the second qtr.

6. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

YOU MAD BRO!

8. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie buckets's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its been great having a team on the floor that doesn't just get straight punked by KG's antics. If we played this team in the past, i'm not sure bargani leaves locker room for the game. Although I am expecting an influx in KG acting a fool when he is at home so we'll see how the raptors respond to that but I haven't seen any back down in this team all year
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The entire game Brooklyn was playing dirty.

Sticking out their feet to trip our players, hooking players wrists when they went up for a shot (All the perimeter defenders), hooking players wrists when they drive (Kirilenko), sticking their shoulders out on screens (KG), throwing their elbow to move Val out of the way for a post up (Blatche), etc.

Its disgusting the refs are letting it go.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

“You can’t have fourth quarters like that,” Kevin Garnett said. “Thirty-six points, that’s too many points for anybody -- preschool, little league, YMCA, Raptors. Too many points. Fourth quarters are supposed to be our best quarters defensively.”
    What an asshole. God I want to win this series.

12. Like ceez, lilmamba_, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't the league send out a moving screen tape to every team to show them examples of bad screens and it was pretty much all Garnett clips??

not 100% sure on this but did anyone else hear something similar?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, KG was one of my favourite non-Raptors while in Minnesota.

Can't stand the guy now.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's funny, KG was one of my favourite non-Raptors while in Minnesota.

Can't stand the guy now.
    You are forgiven. Everyone makes mistakes when they are young and stupid.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm gonna get it for saying this...but I love KG. I think he is great...love his game and his passion and intensity. He probably says some shit he shouldn't, but who doesn't? He is a smart ball player and a tough opponent, you gotta respect that!

17. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nets are playing like a veteran team. Of course their physicality is a bit dirty and they've figured out how to get away with it most of the time - that's what tough vets do in all sports. The Raps need to both learn from it and stay focused. It isn't going away.

KG's screens are killer, but so is his P&R defense. The Raps are lucky to have Vasquez so they can go away from Williams/KG.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If KG wanted to play in Toronto for one season I'd grab him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is nothing new. KG is exactly the type of player that you love when he's on your team, but absolutely despise when he isn't. Every team needs a player like that.

In addition, the best thing to do about KG's screens is to turn it into a drinking game: throw back a shot for every illegal pick Garnett gets away with. You'll be thanking him profusely by halftime for sure.

21. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

KG makes every game fun

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    KG makes every game fun

This. I can't imagine an NBA without Garnett

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This was part of what I meant about the media and anyone else talking speaking about Brooklyn and its "veteren" advantage. Guys like Garnett, and PP, were given a green light before the series started. Garnett flat out tripped KL on one screen last night.... it was brutal, but he will get that more often than not. Pierce, Mr's Genetically made to be clutch, can do what he wants in the 4th as EVERYTHING he does will result in a basket or a foul. His drive on Patterson was a joke for that basket and the foul late in last nights game, he actually had to go out of his way to catch a piece of PP, who wanted no part of the contact..... boom, he makes a little contact, whistle was ALREADY BLOWING before he made the lay up..... he was getting a call or a basket, no matter what there.

Its all part of it boys..... the Nets have help, and Toronto has an uphill battle. I like our teams fight though.... they aren't gonna lay down and take it...... but Game 3 in NJ....OMFG its gonna be a shit show.... just wait, the Officials will be allllllll over the Raptors, guaranteed, and they, the media, and the Nets players will be all about "we have the home court advantage, its just how it is"...... right after claiming there is NO ADVANTAGE in the playoffs. Again, all part of the game within the game the Raptors have to put up with.

GO RAPS!

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From Zach Lowe:

The league cannot win. If it releases nothing about officiating, fans accuse it of hiding the truth. When it admits a mistake, fans ask why the league does not send out such releases about such-and-such other play that made them very angry. There are fans in Toronto, host of the 2016 All-Star Game, who actually think the league is conspiring against their team — that Adam Silver is sitting in his office, thinking of ways for Toronto to lose.

Look, studies have found evidence of star calls, especially in loose-ball situations in which a star collides with a nonstar. But there is contact on every single NBA possession. There were lots of instances in Game 1 of Toronto players making contact that went uncalled — on both ends. Ditto for Brooklyn. The calls ended up tilting a bit Brooklyn’s way, but that’s not evidence of a grand conspiracy. It’s evidence of how hard it is to referee an NBA game, especially when things get more physical, and the impossibility of legislating out some of the game-to-game and quarter-to-quarter randomness of what constitutes a foul amid constant jostling.

Get over it.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    This was part of what I meant about the media and anyone else talking speaking about Brooklyn and its "veteren" advantage. Guys like Garnett, and PP, were given a green light before the series started. Garnett flat out tripped KL on one screen last night.... it was brutal, but he will get that more often than not. Pierce, Mr's Genetically made to be clutch, can do what he wants in the 4th as EVERYTHING he does will result in a basket or a foul. His drive on Patterson was a joke for that basket and the foul late in last nights game, he actually had to go out of his way to catch a piece of PP, who wanted no part of the contact..... boom, he makes a little contact, whistle was ALREADY BLOWING before he made the lay up..... he was getting a call or a basket, no matter what there.

Its all part of it boys..... the Nets have help, and Toronto has an uphill battle. I like our teams fight though.... they aren't gonna lay down and take it...... but Game 3 in NJ....OMFG its gonna be a shit show.... just wait, the Officials will be allllllll over the Raptors, guaranteed, and they, the media, and the Nets players will be all about "we have the home court advantage, its just how it is"...... right after claiming there is NO ADVANTAGE in the playoffs. Again, all part of the game within the game the Raptors have to put up with.

GO RAPS!

BBall's stepfather, ya you hate me but you will respect!

Thread Information