Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: First Year Anniversary of Ross' 51 Point Game

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default First Year Anniversary of Ross' 51 Point Game

    Just a year ago, this happened.





    FIRST QUARTER:
    15 points, 5/9 from the field, and 5/6 from 3-point range.

    SECOND QUARTER:
    8 points, 2/3 from the field, 2/3 from 3-point range, and 2/2 from the FT line.

    FIRST HALF:
    23 points, 7/12 from the field, 7/9 from 3-point range, and 2/2 from the FT line.


    THIRD QUARTER:
    13 points, 6/9 from the field, and 1/3 from 3-point range.

    FOURTH QUARTER
    15 points, 3/8 from the field, 2/5 from 3-point range, and 7/8 from the FT line.

    SECOND HALF:
    28 points, 9/17 from the field, 3/8 from 3-point range, and 7/8 from the FT line.


    GAME TOTAL: 51 points, 16/29 from the field, 10/17 from 3-point range, 9/10 from the FT line, and 9 rebounds.








    The Nike Air Flightposite Exposed shoes he wore during the game:


    Post game Interview:

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This thread makes me want to write something random/akward
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Sun Jan 25th, 2015 at 07:08 AM.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is it sad I'm more surprised he took 10 FT attempts instead of the fact he hit 10 threes?

  4. Like mike, prague liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From the game thread last year.... I bet this guy feels like a knob:

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post282650

    DeMar certainly isn't having a great year, but I honestly wonder if TRoss has improved in any area at all since this game.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Is it sad I'm more surprised he took 10 FT attempts instead of the fact he hit 10 threes?
    My first thoughts exactly!

    His second highest is from his rookie year with 6 and third highest is 5 from this year. The rest are mainly zeroes...

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know they lost, but I had a blast watching that game.

  8. Like matt liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    From the game thread last year.... I bet this guy feels like a knob:



    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post282650

    DeMar certainly isn't having a great year, but I honestly wonder if TRoss has improved in any area at all since this game.

    He is right though, DeRozan doesn't the have the skill sets required to reach a milestone like this. He can't shoot at an efficient clip. He can't drive to the basket straight up without getting the ball swiped. His post up moves against smaller guards, while an effective move, is rarely used. Nowadays he can't even get to the FT line. In the system we're trying to play in he's very useless offensively and his inconsistencies on defense leaves people to wonder just what is the use of DD in the starting lineup, especially now that Vasquez is starting.

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    He is right though, DeRozan doesn't the have the skill sets required to reach a milestone like this. He can't shoot at an efficient clip. He can't drive to the basket straight up without getting the ball swiped. His post up moves against smaller guards, while an effective move, is rarely used. Nowadays he can't even get to the FT line. In the system we're trying to play in he's very useless offensively and his inconsistencies on defense leaves people to wonder just what is the use of DD in the starting lineup, especially now that Vasquez is starting.
    marcus thornton shot a career high 42 points last year. now hes coming off the bench for the rebuilding celtics. who gives a shit about fluke milestones.

    i was at the 51 point game and it was exciting to watch. too bad every other moment with ross on the floor this year has been largely terrible/completely invisible including last years playoffs.

  11. Like Scraptor liked this post
  12. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Notice something? Most of his 3s were catch and shoot. I don't think he's getting those types of shots anymore.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

  13. Like OldSkoolCool, matt liked this post
  14. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Notice something? Most of his 3s were catch and shoot. I don't think he's getting those types of shots anymore.
    Opposing defenses smarten up

  15. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    marcus thornton shot a career high 42 points last year. now hes coming off the bench for the rebuilding celtics. who gives a shit about fluke milestones.

    i was at the 51 point game and it was exciting to watch. too bad every other moment with ross on the floor this year has been largely terrible/completely invisible including last years playoffs.
    Marcus Thornton at 27 is a finished product, only thing that would make him better is being in the right system. Ross still has room to grow if Casey allows it.

  16. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Opposing defenses smarten up
    And Casey is too stubborn to update his limited playbook.

  17. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    And Casey is too stubborn to update his limited playbook.
    He updated it. He added Lou next to the ISO list after adding GV.

  18. Like S.R. liked this post
  19. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    Marcus Thornton at 27 is a finished product, only thing that would make him better is being in the right system. Ross still has room to grow if Casey allows it.
    lowry is 28.

  20. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    lowry is 29.
    He'll be 29 in March.

  21. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope he drops at least 30 this season.

  22. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    lowry is 28.
    Yep, just like I said.

  23. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Opposing defenses smarten up
    Let's look on the white side, at least he has the talent.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

  24. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    Marcus Thornton at 27 is a finished product, only thing that would make him better is being in the right system. Ross still has room to grow if Casey allows it.
    This is one thing I definitely can't put on Casey. With DeMar out, TRoss had every opportunity in the book to show us something. Instead he got benched for Greivis Vasquez. We even cut JJ's minutes to get Ross going! He's only hit the 20 point mark three times this season, and his free throw draw rate is basically the same as Jason Freaking Kapono.

    This looks more and more like a lack of mental toughness or drive. Like KD said, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

  25. #20
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    This is one thing I definitely can't put on Casey. With DeMar out, TRoss had every opportunity in the book to show us something. Instead he got benched for Greivis Vasquez. We even cut JJ's minutes to get Ross going! He's only hit the 20 point mark three times this season, and his free throw draw rate is basically the same as Jason Freaking Kapono.

    This looks more and more like a lack of mental toughness or drive. Like KD said, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
    What could he do. He can't drive and Landry is spacing the floor for him. Before the concussion at least Fields cut. JV, Amir and Landry is a pretty clogged paint to be expected to do anything. Eventually even Lowry was beaten down. Not defending him but that was fucked up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •