2 1.92%
Page 94 of 169 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3367

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV is the KIA Rookie of the month. Cool

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/aw...ia-winner.nba/

Last edited by rocwell; Fri Apr 5th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

So incredibly happy for him....I was hoping he'd have a chance for it given his strong play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    Very up-to-date and very good JV mixtape:

thanks, I enjoyed that. Sick of that song though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    No Homo but I think every Rap fan including myself just has a man crush on JV hes very very likeable I wouldnt be surprised if he has the leading Raptor jersey sales soon. Walking downtown I saw so many JV jerseys today.
    Yup. This guy is also ridiculously marketable. It also helps that he's white, so he relates to the majority.

(...I know, but someone had to say it)

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

And he's going to win it again this month. GUARANTEED.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, did anyone notice that the game stats they sum up for JV are totally wrong? Like I have no clue what they got going here....this is just sad. Bolded all the wrong parts

March 20 @ Charlotte: Posted 18 points, eight rebounds, six assists and two steals in a 115-110 win over the Bobcats.
    March 29 @ Detroit: Recorded 20 points, four assists and tied a career-high with six rebounds in a 96-95 loss to the Pistons.
    March 31 @ Washington: Tallied 26 points, three assists and two rebounds in a 109-105 loss to the Wizards.
    Almost everything is wrong except the teams and dates. Stuff is wrong even self-contained within the story, like how he averaged a career high in rebounds with a lower number than he had against Charlotte the week before. It's hilarious. What the hell NBA?? Hire an editor. Even the game scores are wrong...

Of course, they got Lillard's part 100% right...I think this is the kind of thing that irks Toronto fans. It's one thing not to get attention, it's another that when that attention is given, no care is given to how anything is presented, even in terms of double checking facts.

Source
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/05/v...nth/index.html
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 6th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Wow, did anyone notice that the game stats they sum up for JV are totally wrong? Like I have no clue what they got going here....this is just sad. Bolded all the wrong parts

Almost everything is wrong except the teams and dates. Stuff is wrong even self-contained within the story, like how he averaged a career high in rebounds with a lower number than he had against Charlotte the week before. It's hilarious. What the hell NBA?? Hire an editor. Even the game scores are wrong...

Of course, they got Lillard's part 100% right...I think this is the kind of thing that irks Toronto fans. It's one thing not to get attention, it's another that when that attention is given, no care is given to how anything is presented, even in terms of double checking facts.
    WOW. I didn't see this. That's disgusting.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup! I noticed it to and had to ask my friend... ARE THEY HIGH?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone should be fired.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Yup! I noticed it to and had to ask my friend... ARE THEY HIGH?
    As of right now, still nothing has been changed. Disgraceful.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Those are Rudy's stats...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    LOL. Those are Rudy's stats...
    Not even, I checked that...sigh

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought this would be fun, just to show how JV is making progress, but also doing so consistently, with different splits going back from now to his return.....
    Stats are....MPG, PPG (FGA-FG%), RPG (ORPG), BPG, APG, TOs, PFs

Last 5 games: 37.0, 18.4 (10.4 - 61.5%), 9.4 (2.6), 2.8, 0.8, 2.4, 3.2
    Last 10 games: 32.7, 15.9 (8.7 - 67.8%), 8.3 (2.3), 1.7, 0.8, 2.3, 3.0
    Last 15 games: 29.8, 13.6 (8.1 - 62.8%), 7.4 (2.0), 1.5, 0.6, 1.8, 3.1
    Last 20 games: 27.3, 11.2 (7.1 - 59.6%), 7.3 (2.1), 1.4, 0.5, 1.7, 2.9
    Last 29 games: 24.5, 9.4 (5.9 - 58.8%), 6.9 (2.1), 1.2, 0.4, 1.6, 3.0

Little thing I like about it...the fouls have stabilized despite much more minutes. Can't really fault the assists given how rarely he touches the ball to initiate offense, often being a finisher. The turnover numbers aren't great, but that's somewhat expected, and still, when I look at them, they aren't as bad as I thought they could be.
    Nice post. Imagine we got those numbers in his last 5 for next season, those are proabably all-star type stats, gotta love it!!

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Nice post. Imagine we got those numbers in his last 5 for next season, those are proabably all-star type stats, gotta love it!!
    And imagine he was getting 15-20 shots a game!

All I can say is they better work on him passing out of double teams this summer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post

All I can say is they better work on him passing out of double teams this summer
    Agreed, he will get alot of attention next season. But I like how he often keeps the ball high when he's in the post, with good vision and patience he will be fine. I imagine him receiving the ball down low, waiting for the defense to react, keeping the ball high, passing to a cutting wing if the double comes and making his move if not. I don't see the Raps pushing him to make his move quick like they were trying with Bosh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Agreed, he will get alot of attention next season. But I like how he often keeps the ball high when he's in the post, with good vision and patience he will be fine. I imagine him receiving the ball down low, waiting for the defense to react, keeping the ball high, passing to a cutting wing if the double comes and making his move if not. I don't see the Raps pushing him to make his move quick like they were trying with Bosh.
    Agreed. You know, JV actually does make the quick move when he's supposed to though. When JV faces up, he goes directly into shooting/pump fake motion, and almost always just fakes and goes, or fakes, doesn't take the drive and shoots on the second pump. He is, however, more patient backing down. That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

As for the passing, I also agree, and put an example earlier in the thread about that kind of passing, because he made one to Fields a few games ago that I can easily see being a frequently made play.

*Straight from that post....I want to see this play a lot next year.
    Found the highlights on youtube for last game...nothign shorter than this...The nice pass to Fields is just after the 3 minute mark.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

Hopefully the offense will not have him passing to stationary teammates.

I am going to ask Santa to bring the Raptors some movement/motion to their offense for next season. I've been a pretty good boy, hopefully he agrees.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. You know, JV actually does make the quick move when he's supposed to though. When JV faces up, he goes directly into shooting/pump fake motion, and almost always just fakes and goes, or fakes, doesn't take the drive and shoots on the second pump. He is, however, more patient backing down. That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

As for the passing, I also agree, and put an example earlier in the thread about that kind of passing, because he made one to Fields a few games ago that I can easily see being a frequently made play.

*Straight from that post....I want to see this play a lot next year.
    Found the highlights on youtube for last game...nothign shorter than this...The nice pass to Fields is just after the 3 minute mark.
    Nice, nothing but upside with this guy. The defensive attention he is going to get should really change the way we play offense next year. I never want to see DD in ISO again!!

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Agreed.

Hopefully the offense will not have him passing to stationary teammates.

I am going to ask Santa to bring the Raptors some movement/motion to their offense for next season. I've been a pretty good boy, hopefully he agrees.
    Maybe Santa could fully heal Landry's elbow, so he can get his shot back and be a legitimate NBA starter again. Which would then make it really easy, if not unavoidable, to trade Demar. Those two things happening would increase the team's motion and movement immensely, with nary a coaching change or new play in the playbook. As the example above shows.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Santa could fully heal Landry's elbow, so he can get his shot back and be a legitimate NBA starter again. Which would then make it really easy, if not unavoidable, to trade Demar. Those two things happening would increase the team's motion and movement immensely, with nary a coaching change or new play in the playbook. As the example above shows.
    You need to ask Father Time for that.... and Alex McKechnie. Santa can only do so much.

And Casey does need to go. He won't have any faith in JV until he is 25.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information