0 0%
  • F

2 1.80%
Page 98 of 197 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3926

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Lamb Raps for a while were projected to take him, I wonder how that would have worked out he was looking nice in Summer League and his one game in Houston.

I hope OKC sends him to a team in a deal the kid is going to waste there. Yes I am a Lamb fan.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we could have a new "Everything Valanciunas" thread every month? A thread with 98 fucking pages is completely unmanageable to someone like me who doesn't read every forum post every day. I understand the advantage of one thread for JV to prevent clutter, but just create a new one each month and lock the old one. I hate going into a thread that started last year becasue almost everything that has been said is outdated and pointless. I know I can scroll through until I find more recent posts, but when there is 98 pages, that can take me over 10 minutes to finally get to stuff from this month. Then, next time I wanna talk JV, I have to do the same shit all over again. Do posts from September 17th 2011 really have to be in the same thread as posts from April 19th 2013?

-my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Any chance we could have a new "Everything Valanciunas" thread every month? A thread with 98 fucking pages is completely unmanageable to someone like me who doesn't read every forum post every day. I understand the advantage of one thread for JV to prevent clutter, but just create a new one each month and lock the old one. I hate going into a thread that started last year becasue almost everything that has been said is outdated and pointless. I know I can scroll through until I find more recent posts, but when there is 98 pages, that can take me over 10 minutes to finally get to stuff from this month. Then, next time I wanna talk JV, I have to do the same shit all over again. Do posts from September 17th 2011 really have to be in the same thread as posts from April 19th 2013?

-my 2 cents
    Thanks for the feedback. There's also a specific feedback/recommendations forum, where RR posters are encouraged to share their ideas, either by adding to a thread or creating a new one - http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ns-or-Feedback

The idea behind the catch-all "Everything xxx" threads were to prevent new threads being created around the same time/topic, which inevitably boiled down to the same discussion/debate going on in multiple threads; unnecessary duplication. However, some of them started getting used for any discussion about a particular player, even if there may have been fair reasons for unique threads to be created (I think that's why they were all unpinned).

We're open to new options about how to capture the best of both worlds, so please feel free to share your ideas in that forum!

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Now what's the real way to say it, is it "Yo-Ness" or "Yo-Nas" ?

Edit: the "Nas" part is pronounced just like the rapper, but not as stretched out if you know what I mean
    Yo-Nas - the only correct way to say it. The incorrect ways would be: Yo-Ness or Jo-Nas or Jonathan or Johnny etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a better example of how to pronounce his name Listen at 0:03

I believe it would actually be written Yoh-Nas in English.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post

That guy's hair is intense.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what I just watched, but I watched the whole thing ... I think we're in that weird part of YouTube.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Yo-Nas - the only correct way to say it. The incorrect ways would be: Yo-Ness or Jo-Nas or Jonathan or Johnny etc.
    Yeah that's what I thought. Sounds a lot better than Yo-Ness

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grade Valanciunas' season.

Grade the big man and his season.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted B, but only because of the amount of time he missed due to injury.

Very solid season. I really like this guy.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

11. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted A, but I think I'd give him an A- if it was an option. Before the season.....

-I hoped he would average 7-9 pts and 5-7 boards....check.

-I hoped he would show glimpses of being a lane intimidator in the paint....double check, as he not only blocks shots but can put guards on their asses when they drive, in a non-dirty way. Love it. Miss that kind of presence.

-Hoped his motor wouldn't run dry faced with the tough schedule....almost check, because the injury, but was a freak thing (and blessing in disguise?), and he came on strong playing increasingly better basketball after coming back. He seemed to be psychologically stronger at the end of the season, and managed the physical toll very well. His early struggles were also unfortunate, but pretty expected given the adjustment not just in the game, but in life.

-Hoped he would make adjustments both in games and through the season...check. This shows in his fouls issues. Did he still make some bad fouls down the end of the season? Yes. But his minutes went up steadily after he came back, and his foul numbers weren't heavily affected. He also became much more patient on offense.

-Hoped to see evidence of solid intangibles....bazillion checks. The improvement in his game during the season shows tremendous hunger and work ethic. His intensity level is always very high. He oozes positivity all the time. He never once backed down on the court. He takes criticism from both coaches and teammates, which is extra good for a guy who should be a future leader on the team. His intensity rarely seems to translate into letting his emotions get the best of him, directing his energy at focusing on being better rather than dreading over things not going his way.

Things I wish had been better:
    -Turnovers...somewhat expected, especially when he started getting some doubles, but I really want him to be better when he puts the ball on the floor going in for that running hook. He's getting too good at the move for the dribbling to be a concern.

-Pick'n'roll D....the biggest hole in his defensive game by far, if you ask me. Probably the toughest aspect to master though. He did become better at other things defensively, but this barely improved.

Post Thanks / Like

Voted B+.

Would've voted A if he really exceeded my expectations and averaged something like 12pts/8reb.

Still a really good season, yet tons of potential still left. The kid is still 20 years old after all.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The first 40 games- B-
    the next 20 games- B
    March to the end- A-

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Christ ;DDDDD thanks for reminding him ;D
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

voted b. wanted him more in the discussion for roy.
    For The Win

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say B+. He didn't meet my statistical expectations but that is partly due to minutes, but he exceeded in almost everything else. His hustle, his defense. Solid rookie season. Once he gets more minutes he'll be an Allstar in a few years.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    voted b. wanted him more in the discussion for roy.
    That's a little unfair considering there is no discussion for rookie of the year. Damian lillard is so far ahead of any rookie to even be considered Jonas would have to at least average 15 and 8 or something ridiculous like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave him a B.

Minus the hand injury and a coach who discriminates on the basis of age, I am sure it would of been an A.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

all of you are saying you would give him an A, yet still voted B for factors out of his control? wut?

statistically, per minute production, A. per possession, A.
    intangibles, start of season, B. mid-to-end of season, A.

http://bkref.com/tiny/hGBOC

jonas didnt enter the league with the same fanfare of a certain #1 pick. but how would he have ended up if he was given those extra 400 minutes? how would he have been seen to the league if he ended up as the #3 option behind gay, dd?

Post Thanks / Like

I also wonder if people are considering the life adjustment. I mean, it's tough for a kid to move from home even if he's just going from the GTA to Guelph (which is practically part of the GTA) for university. To move halfway across the world, to a city that has a bigger population than your home country, having to speak a different language, and basically start a demanding career (not school where you spend half the week studying/drunk) where he puts in long hard hours every day...

Probably no rookie has had to make as much as an overall adjustment as JV.

Page 98 of 197 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast

Thread Information