Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leiweke spits hot fire

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leiweke spits hot fire

Everything from why he's leaving, what he doesn't like about MLSE, the Leafs, the future popularity of the Raps, and his future plans.

He doesn't hold back.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Video doesn't load for me.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. To save his (or Kessel's...Phaneuf's...whoever's) skin, TL clarifies today that it's not necessarily a Leaf he refers to having good talent but terrible character. It may be any of the MLSE teams. Well then...much better. Hopefully it's all those TFC guys.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Everything from why he's leaving, what he doesn't like about MLSE, the Leafs, the future popularity of the Raps, and his future plans.

He doesn't hold back.

This is really long! Wanna be an good dude and tell everyone what time to start listening?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn looks like they just blocked the footage...

Here's a brief synopsis. If you missed it.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...-mlse-stubhub/

6. Like Employee, S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The "I want to start my own business" bit has a lot more impact coming directly from TL - you can feel how passionate he is about it. It makes sense, given his personality, and he's right that at 57 a guy only has a few good years left in terms of giving your career 100%.

It's mostly just too bad MLSE only got him at the tail-end of this phase of his career. I really think a few more years of TL would have dramatically changed MLSE.

The most troubling point here is not him leaving, though, it's hearing about the Bell/Rogers boardroom dynamics as an issue again. Why can't MLSE just have a straightforward ownership situation...

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote from the link:

For example, he believes that the NBA’s Raptors will eclipse the popularity of the Maple Leafs within 10 years because of the changing demographics in Toronto.
    AWWWW YEAH!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

9. Like Nilanka, iblastoff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Quote from the link:

AWWWW YEAH!
    He just said "Toronto has way too many immigrants" in other words.

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the Rogers and Bell split seemed a little ridiculous. Because he has a point. Every morning those two companies wake up and try and figure out how to put the other one out of business
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift

12. Like ceez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad the audio has been taken down. Heres a good written synopsis:

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/tim...son-27461.html

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Reboc wrote: View Post
    Too bad the audio has been taken down. Heres a good written synopsis:

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/tim...son-27461.html
    fuck this sucks sounds like he might just keep popping off so they will be forced to terminate his contract. my guess is hes gone with in a week.

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing I thought.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Interesting. To save his (or Kessel's...Phaneuf's...whoever's) skin, TL clarifies today that it's not necessarily a Leaf he refers to having good talent but terrible character. It may be any of the MLSE teams. Well then...much better. Hopefully it's all those TFC guys.
    It's Bradley. Everyone hates him on the team because he acts like he's the Michael Jordan of the MLS and he hates Canada. He doesn't even say hi to his teammates not does he sit with them
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    It's Bradley. Everyone hates him on the team because he acts like he's the Michael Jordan of the MLS and he hates Canada. He doesn't even say hi to his teammates not does he sit with them
    Or it could be Jonas....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Or it could be Jonas....
    No it cant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post

He doesn't hold back.

Bump. Video is now unlocked.

20. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Did this guy just take the first job offered him after the AEG stint? Didn't he know about the ownership setup before he took it? He is just bailing for whatever reason....after one year really. Very disappointing. On to the next huckster making promises.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the whole video i enjoyed it. good questions good anwsers, nothing he said was spiting fire.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It is what it is. The MLSE has always been about the bottom line, they know that a successful team will make more money, however the gamble and investment needed to win is to big to offset the discrepancy they see in the profits gained using the present, conservative and steady model in the Toronto market.

So I'm glad That TL pissed and moaned publicly.

that said, TL has become yet another situation where I feel like I have been bang on from the outset. He said all the right things, talked the big talk, and came in with US efficacy in some area's because of his previous position so that helped the Raptors as the media was willing to run with the story and make it seem lik ehe brought the franchise to another level.

he didn't

He spent money that was never offered to his predecessors, bought a couple fringe Premier leaguers for the FC, got lucky signing Ujiri..... and thats about it. Here's a guy preaching "character", despite having showed that as far as it pertains to his commitment to the Franchise, and to his "plan", he saw it fit to bail the first chance he got.

Thats the polar opposite of what this guy used as part of his mantra coming in, and still, to this day. I was wary when he was hired, but optimistic. In some ways he was good for toronto, but it proved a facade, one made possible by the opening of the Bell/ Rogers coffers. TL in effect, now that the dust is settling, didn't do shit for this franchise..... and to be honest, Bryan Colangelo, with the same cash and freedom might well have done just as much.

I couldn't give a shit about TL, I can't see him leave fast enough. His tenure here will only set the franchise back farther than it was with the way he is trash talking it on the way out the door. Think its bad now, wait till he's n longer under contract. The US media will swallow it up and they will dump on Toronto like never before. the only, and I mean ONLY hope now is that the guys here can actually continue to improve on their own, on the floor, and WIN. and winning is the ONLY THING that can help this franchise. NOTHING outside the ACC or off that court will EVER help this team. Its a losing battle, and it should be used as fuel for the actual players....... and thats my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of spitting fire..:
    In Masai we Trust.

25. Like rocwell liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information