Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Anybody you guys like in 2015 NBA Draft?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure anybody from Kentucky starting 9. Louisville Power Forward, 3 of Duke Starting 8. Winslow is a beast. He is what you want TR to be....
    Was not impressed by UNC, and Wisconsin has the big stud in the Center Position. Michigan State has Dawson and a couple of lesser talents.
    Does that help, 19 players there to choose from, Kentucky's height is awesome. They come at you in waves. Not just finesse and talent they stomped Kansas, who is 5 ranked.

3. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Sure anybody from Kentucky starting 9. Louisville Power Forward, 3 of Duke Starting 8. Winslow is a beast. He is what you want TR to be....
    Was not impressed by UNC, and Wisconsin has the big stud in the Center Position. Michigan State has Dawson and a couple of lesser talents.
    Does that help, 19 players there to choose from, Kentucky's height is awesome. They come at you in waves. Not just finesse and talent they stomped Kansas, who is 5 ranked.
    Thanks man. I like Montrezl Harrel from Louisville. But he's undersized and not sure about his offensive game other than dunks. Love his energy though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors and the 2015 Draft

Who ya digging?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Tyus Jones, PG at Duke, interests me.

Small but has 6'5" wingspan.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Tyus Jones, PG at Duke, interests me.

Small but has 6'5" wingspan.
    Be nice if we can add an impact pg. As great as he is, lowry is one of our oldest core players and wont be as effective when the jv/bruno/free agent 2016 era begins.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for making this thread McHappy. I didn't know where to talk about it. So I thought planning for the future fit the bill but i guess not.

Montrezl Harrell is my favorite. But he comes with a lot of red flags. Undersized, poor FT. But dude is pure energy, great lateral quicks for big man and non stop motor. Kinda like Amir.

Stanley Johnson looks nice as well. Notconsistent shooter but everything else is good.

Chris Walker. Athletic freak. He was on a bench last season, so he should start getting more minutes. I see him rise in mock draft as a year goes on.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Stanley Johnson is one of the safer picks, IMO. NBA ready body and athleticism. Highly skilled & high character. And a big-time winner at every level. Hopefully NYK and Denver both suck hard this year, and we could potentially nab him with the Knicks pick.

Edit: Shoot, we got the 2016 Knicks pick. My bad.
    Last edited by golden; Thu Nov 20th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Outside of trading this pick (which I think we should strongly consider), the team is going to have to look at replacing some of the guys leaving after this year.

Perhaps another PF/C to help offset the loss of Psycho-T and Chuck. Maybe a PG/SG to replace Lou?

Usually you don't draft for need, but we'll be picking in the early/mid 20's.

I can't see us getting another wing especially with Bruno licking his chops.

I trust in Masai though. Who knows.. maybe he's scouting the next Korean Jordan or something.

11. Like koncept, MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Willie Cauley-Stein

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    I was just going to say Kentucky, but this is much more in depth. Kansas should be a top 10 team and they STOMPED them. I don't see who beats them, if they respect their opponents.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Caris LeVert

6'7" and can shoot (40% from 3), is efficient, handle, pass, rebound and defend. Perfect mold for the new "2" guard who can run the offense.

I know we are full at SG, but he is going to be one of the best players in the draft (if he declares). And I'm drafting BPA.
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

15. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe the Raptors are going to keep the pick, they got 2 rookies that will barley play this season and another one stashed overseas.

Casey would go crazy with finding minutes for inexperienced players next season, unless we can stash that pick overseas for a few years.

17. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^I would rather have a player develop on the bench than overseas. That way they have access to the training staff/regimen of the NBA. Overseas is more hit or miss and relies on the player to figure it out.
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    ^I would rather have a player develop on the bench than overseas. That way they have access to the training staff/regimen of the NBA. Overseas is more hit or miss and relies on the player to figure it out.
    Raps really need to get their own dleague team
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

If we look at he roster for next year there are some questions. Amir, Williams, Fields, Hayes, Hansbrough, and Stiemsma all come off the books, I say we will go hard after Amir and may want to keep Williams (he had been good so far). Thsa leaves us with 4 roster spots to fill, a rookie or two and some vet signings seems about right.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    If we look at he roster for next year there are some questions. Amir, Williams, Fields, Hayes, Hansbrough, and Stiemsma all come off the books, I say we will go hard after Amir and may want to keep Williams (he had been good so far). Thsa leaves us with 4 roster spots to fill, a rookie or two and some vet signings seems about right.
    Amir, if the price is right, you want L Williams as your scoring 6th man, the team requires 10-15 points off the bench, to be the glue that closes the deal. L Williams is the man, young enough, and if the knees hold up, he has not played that many years to be worn out.

The rest go bye bye, unless Chucky wants to play for league minimum. Than draft a point guard, or Winslow from Duke, he is going to be an incredible beast at the 3. He has the scorer mentality with the body of JJ. Needs a barber.
    Seen him on Video and his personality is gregarious. Hopefully he stays a 2nd year, so that NYC/Denver pick comes into play.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see us going with an older NCAA player like a Kaminsky from Wisconsin, a stretch 5 with 4 years experience or Marcus Paige, and 6'2" junior PG from UNC. Right now it is looking like our pick will be in the late 20's, we will really need to find the right fit rather than drafting on potential.

I am counting on NYK and Denver to suck this year and next to get us a solid bonus pick.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Guy I thought was a target last year before he went back for another year is Sam Dekker on Wisconsin. Looks like a prototypical 3&D winger. Would be great value if we can get him with our pick.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick the best defensive player available.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information