Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myck Kabongo aka Yung Swag: Aspiring Rapper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myck Kabongo aka Yung Swag: Aspiring Rapper.

CBSSports.com

Texas freshman Myck Kabongo might be the nation’s best incoming point guard. He’s also apparently the best rapper in college basketball.

Of course, we’ve all heard the basketball player-turned-rapper routine before. Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Shaquille O’Neal, Ron Artest – they’ve all tried it. Aside from a catchy verse here and there, most athlete/rappers are fairly awful.

Kabongo is confident he won’t be like that.

“When people hear the music, they’ll see it’s not just another basketball player trying to rap,” Kabongo told Jason Jordan of ESPN.com. “I didn’t want it to be corny or anything like that. It’s really good and I guarantee that it’ll be better than what people expect.”

Kabongo, whose stage name is Yung Swag, is a Canada native who had one of the more infectious personalities in the class of 2011. That undoubtedly will help in his quest to be a successful rapper.

“It’s just in me,” Kabongo said. “It’s something that I used to play around with and grew to really love. So I decided to do it for real.”

Kabongo will release a 15-track album next spring entitled “Late Nights and Early Mornings.” He has a feature from Kevin Durant on the album, which is sure to attract some extra attention to the album. Kabongo said it won’t be for sale, but he will make it available for everyone to hear.

With features from Durant and a stamp of approval from Austin Rivers (“Everything I’ve heard from him goes hard. He’s nice.”), Kabongo could rival Tennessee’s Renaldo Woolridge a.k.a. Swiperboy for the top dog in college basketball rapping.

Maybe someone can set up a freestyle battle – and a one-on-one game.

Thats it, Colangelo better to everything he can to grab a second pick and nab this dude. I want to see Myck in a Raptors uniform

Comment

Any rapper named "Yung Swag" cannot make good music. Stick to basketball.

Comment

Hahah I think I have to agree with this. But I am curious none-the-less.

Anything that gives him more a platform to stand on, is good in my books.

Comment

he already has the perfect rapper name... no need for awful nicknames

MC Kabongo. That's the kind of name that deserves to be on the cover of Word Up! Magazine.

Comment

Experience the magic of ice cream new york at Bambina Blue, where every dessert is a masterpiece in taste and presentation. Our menu is a testament to our dedication to creating a dessert journey that is both satisfying and enchanting. From the smooth and luscious to the crisp and refreshing, our offerings span a spectrum of flavors and textures that promise to tantalize your senses. Whether you're a connoisseur seeking a new adventure or a dessert enthusiast looking for familiar comfort, our frozen treats are poised to delight your palate and leave you craving for more.

Comment

Have you played redactle today? One of the latest successes to come from the explosion of indie word games caused by Wordle is redactle game.

Comment

Working...
              X