Doing 2 rumoured raptors trade before deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing 2 rumoured raptors trade before deadline

Would you consider doing two trades that have been rumoured recently? (Both work in trade machine)

Bynum - Bosh:

To Lakers:
    Bosh

To Raptors:
    Bynum
    Morrison
    Farmar

Calderon - Martin

To Kings:
    Calderon
    Derozen

To Raptors:
    Kevin Martin

New Raptors:
    Bynum/Amir/Rasho
    Bargs/Evans/POB
    Turk/Weems/Wright
    Martin/Belinelli/Morrison
    Jack/Farmar/Banks

Personally I think Bynum and Bargs could be very good together. With Bargs defensive improvements, our interior defense and rebounding is much improved. Offensively the inside-out attack with Bargs-Bynum could be dominant for the next few years. With Bynum, the Raptors are a more traditional team with a legit Centre and Bargs is in his natural position. Our lack of perimeter D could possibly be offset by our much improved inside D.

The point guard position will be weak with Jack and Farmar but this could allow Turk to become a primary ball-handler like he was in Orlando. Farmar can hit threes just as Jameer Nelson did. Finally Kevin Martin could even come off the bench and play 30 min/game as a sixth man, which would allow him to do what he does best (score the ball) and be less a defensive liability playing against the opponents' second unit most of the time.

I included Derozen in the Kings deal as I assume the Kings would not do a Calderon-Martin deal straight up.

I personally think the "New Raptors" could fare better than the current squad in the playoffs. What are your opinions??

Really? No
    I concider doing the LAL trade only if Bosh wont stick around, and we get a first rounder out of it.
    I do not give up Derozan to get Martin. Maybe if we get their 1st round pick (which wont happen).

Comment

To suggest Toronto would trade for Martin and have him "come off the bench and play 30 min/game as a sixth man" is rediculous. Not to mention I wouldn't expect Sacramento to make that trade.
      Deadallus

Comment

Bosh for Byum is a desperation deal only if Bosh isn't re-signing. Toss in Odom and there's something to talk about.

Calderon for Martin works straight up. Never give up DeRozan to get his "replacement" when the guy - K-Mart is hurt for 20-40 games every year! Martin might be great or always just be a tease who can't stay on the floor. K-Mart is possibly damaged goods - think JO risks.
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Honestly I don't see Colangelo making a big splash coming trade deadline.

It will probably be minor one and it won't involve Calderon, Jack, Turkopizza, Bosh and Bargnani.

Comment

Working...
          X