Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa makes HW.com list of top 5 players most likely to be traded in 2012

#4 – Leandro Barbosa, Toronto Raptors

When the Toronto Raptors originally acquired Leandro Barbosa from the Phoenix Suns for Hedo Turkoglu there was a notion that he might be the point guard who could lead the Raptors into the future. The team had come to grips with the fact that Jose Calderon was not that person, and they were already embroiled in efforts to trade Calderon to anyone willing to take him. In fact, the Raptors were very close to sending Calderon to Charlotte for Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler before the Bobcats backed out at the last minute. Now the Raptors are looking to move both Calderon and Barbosa, and with Barbosa’s $7 million deal expiring at season’s end, it seems likely they will find a taker, at least by the trade deadline. Toronto is still looking for that floor leader of the future, though there is hope that Jerryd Bayless may turn out to be him.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-top-5-2012-nba-trades/

Calderon is mentioned in there as well but did not make list or honourable mention.

Webster is #5 *cough*Calderon to Minny*cough*

I'm surprised that he is not higher then #4 of this list, but I suppose the only one I could drop down the list would be Josh Smith. You can almost guarantee that Kaman will be moved, as well as Mayo (they already tried to move him). I guess the reason I would put him higher then Smith is because I think the asking price for Smith will be harder for other teams to meet.

Hopefully Barbosa can be sold to a low playoff seed who will need his offense off the bench who could then throw a pick our way. He seems like a brilliant fit for Chicago (a SG who can create his own shot), but that would be a very low pick.

Would Chicago maybe be willing to trade us the Charlotte 2012 Protected First Rounder? It would not net us anything for the time being as it is too protected for how bad Charlotte will most likely be this year. But it could be a good chip in the future.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
      I'm surprised that he is not higher then #4 of this list, but I suppose the only one I could drop down the list would be Josh Smith. You can almost guarantee that Kaman will be moved, as well as Mayo (they already tried to move him). I guess the reason I would put him higher then Smith is because I think the asking price for Smith will be harder for other teams to meet.

Hopefully Barbosa can be sold to a low playoff seed who will need his offense off the bench who could then throw a pick our way. He seems like a brilliant fit for Chicago (a SG who can create his own shot), but that would be a very low pick.

Would Chicago maybe be willing to trade us the Charlotte 2012 Protected First Rounder? It would not net us anything for the time being as it is too protected for how bad Charlotte will most likely be this year. But it could be a good chip in the future.
      Presumably Chicago won't be under the cap (whatever it may be), so they'd have to return similar salary. Quite frankly, I don't see them packaging anyone they have with Charlotte's pick for Barbosa, unfortunately.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

barbosa to minny for webster and calderon to somewhere for a pick and a good back pg

Comment

Finally some recognition from the us media!!!

Comment

Sounds like the writer doesn't know what he's talking about. Barbosa was not brought here to be a point guard.

Comment

Working...
            X