View Poll Results: Who's "Right"?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Israel has a right to defend itself and occupy Palestine.

0 0%
  • Palestinians have a right to demand Freedom from Occupation

2 50.00%
  • There is no "Right". They're both wrong.

1 25.00%
  • What the ...This isn't Basketball...

1 25.00%

Thread: Israel-Palestine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Israel-Palestine

I know this is a VERY touchy subject, but I'm actually quite surprised this has not been discussed around these parts yet ... I know that as a basketball forum we tend to avoid the overly political discussions, but I'd say this is certainly ripe for debate with well over 1,000 civilian casualties.

How do you guys feel about this "war" .. Is Israel right to be blindly shelling innocent civilians in what it claims is self defense ... Or are Palestinians right to demand the freedom to travel and move about as they please and import necessary supplies to develop a country.
    Last edited by Joey; Yesterday at 09:12 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to leave this here as well for some background information:
    Last edited by Joey; Yesterday at 09:19 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, Joey. It's very touchy subject. I'll say just that: Violence is a bad thing.

We should avoid any discussions related religious conflicts. Too many disagreements when it comes to war conflicts, but religious wars - even more.

P.S. I don't know history of Isreal and Palestine conflict.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I drove by the Isreali embassy in London ( England ) last night... Full road was packed with pro-palestine protesters.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All I wanna know is what Israel did to miff the US and the Brits....because up until now they had full support and full media control, now, the media has turned on them and thus public perception.

Its all BS.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im against any type of war. Regardless of what its about. But living in a Palestinian populated area, I gotta say im with them right now. The killing of innocent people is just stupid...
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you mean Israel - Gaza.

1) Gaza is not under occupation
    2) The West Bank (which is under occupation) is not fighting, this is just a Hamas conflict

Now, I don't think Hamas' actions scream: "demand freedom from occupation".

I think that Hamas specifically wants the blockades to be over with, which is fair, however the indiscriminate targeting of civilian targets would clearly force Israel to react. Not to mention the money and concrete and labour used to build the intense network of tunnels spreading into Israel and Egypt could've been used to build schools and hospitals and daycare centres, yet Hamas would rather delegate such resources to war-provoking tunnels than to their own citizens well fair.
    Its obvious Palestinians live in poverty, but instead of improving civilian infrastructure you focus on building terrorist infrastructure?

Israel has a right to stop rocket fire, and to destroy these tunnels that bypass the Israeli border. This doesn't mean they have a right to kill innocents, and I think its horrid its gotten to that point. But just don't forget that it takes 2 to tango, and that when you poke the tiger, you get bit.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

my personal opinion is that neither side is willing to do what it takes to make peace so they both deserve each other
    but this recent escalation started because some Palestinian militants (unknown if they were affiliated with Hamas or not ) kidnapped 3 israeli teens, tortured and murdered them

both sides have blood on their hands so i don't know why people choose one side over the other in terms of the death of civilians

Thread Information