Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Post Thanks / Like

NBA 2k12 SUCKS.

Sorry I had to say, and had no where else.
    It blows. Its the most frustrating sports game I've EVER played. The game mechanics are complete shit.

They took everything good about 2k11 and ruined it. I've officially uninstalled it and am playing 2k11.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

i had no intention of buying that, as i have made a rule to buy sports games every two or three years. good thing i bought 2k11. the only exception i'm mkaing is '12 the show because of obvious reasons.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fooling around with Minecraft a little lately. Since my little girl came along I haven't turned on my 360. It's in the basement and I've only been down there to do my laundry. Anywhoo, it's a pretty cool game. The graphics suck intially but you can download free texture packs to resolve that issue rather easily. The game works great on my laptop and allows me to mess with it anywhere in the house. Right up my alley right now.

It's like Survival Horror meets playing with REAL Lego blocks like we all did (I would hope) as kids. There are like a million youtube videos about the game by the way if you're curious and haven't heard. The game has sold over 4 million units even though they had given away older versions(during beta testing) which can still be used offline.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm playing the association with the raps on 2k12. I bumped up bargnani's overall to 80 because he sure as hell deserves that. 2K cheeses the raptors big time when it comes to overall ratings. I increased everyone's rating to what it should be. Bargs to 80, Derozan to 74 - 75, Calderon to 70, Kleiza to 70, JJ to 69, Amir to 70, Bayless to 69. I even put on the accessories that they left out. DeMar's knee sleeves and JJ's shooting sleeve. The 3 point shooting is insane though some teams just don't miss. Mike Dunleavy drains more three's than ray allen, i swear in one game he scored all his points from the 3 point line. I also added the 2012 draft class and have 2 first rounders hehe. I'm going to be stacked next season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i'm playing the association with the raps on 2k12. I bumped up bargnani's overall to 80 because he sure as hell deserves that. 2K cheeses the raptors big time when it comes to overall ratings. I increased everyone's rating to what it should be. Bargs to 80, Derozan to 74 - 75, Calderon to 70, Kleiza to 70, JJ to 69, Amir to 70, Bayless to 69. I even put on the accessories that they left out. DeMar's knee sleeves and JJ's shooting sleeve. The 3 point shooting is insane though some teams just don't miss. Mike Dunleavy drains more three's than ray allen, i swear in one game he scored all his points from the 3 point line. I also added the 2012 draft class and have 2 first rounders hehe. I'm going to be stacked next season
    I've got a team of Young Vince Carter and Young TMac with Nash at the PG. Then Bargs at PF and Valanciunas at C.
    Bayless, James Johnson and Ed coming off the bench.

It's alot of fun. But 2K12 still sucks.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I've been fooling around with Minecraft a little lately. Since my little girl came along I haven't turned on my 360. It's in the basement and I've only been down there to do my laundry. Anywhoo, it's a pretty cool game. The graphics suck intially but you can download free texture packs to resolve that issue rather easily. The game works great on my laptop and allows me to mess with it anywhere in the house. Right up my alley right now.

It's like Survival Horror meets playing with REAL Lego blocks like we all did (I would hope) as kids. There are like a million youtube videos about the game by the way if you're curious and haven't heard. The game has sold over 4 million units even though they had given away older versions(during beta testing) which can still be used offline.
    Ya I messed around with that game a while back when it first came out. Lots of fun. Little too basic for me. But I'm sure they've added a ton of stuff since I gave it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw, it's not too complex but it's different than most games. They've released it officially and since have added more and more new things with each free version upgrade. Things like better AI, more crafting items, different realms, different geological structures, tweaks to the physics, new enimies, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm addicted to that mobile game my town 2, it's so basic yet so cool and addicting.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Rookie Absinthe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I've been fooling around with Minecraft a little lately.
    For anyone that's heard of Minecraft, or played it and enjoyed it, another similar game by the name of Terraria is pretty fun. It's a simple, 8bit retro type game. I enjoyed it. It's totally playable solo, but it's a whole lot more fun if you can get friends to play along with ya. Mine around, build stuff, fight bosses, sink your time in. I have it on Steam, but I don't know if it's on any consoles.

Or you could get Skyrim, and beat the dead horse by making another arrow in the knee joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing through GTA IV again, but because I've got it on PC, its completely modded to the tits.

All real brand name Cars; Real Gun models; Better textures.

Looks so good... if your machine can handle it that is.

Forgot how fun this game is.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD on Ps3 and its soo damn fun. Can't believe i didn't discover it sooner, you should definitely get it from the PlayStation store if you have a ps3. I also bought Batman Arkham City last week it was pretty good too. Splinter cell is pretty hard though but thats what makes it fun.

Post Thanks / Like

skyrim DLC is finally out thank god

edit: only for xbox wtf
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I've got splinter cell fever. Sam fisher is a bawse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I've got splinter cell fever. Sam fisher is a bawse!
    Well if you're just getting into them - first, its about time; second, there's like 10 of them for you to play. Hahah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well if you're just getting into them - first, its about time; second, there's like 10 of them for you to play. Hahah
    Well i was like 6 when the first splinter cell came out so i was too young to play it. Its funny cause i saw the game when i was younger and really wanted it for my gamecube but i never knew if it was good or not. But anyway about 2 weeks ago i had like 20 bucks on my psn account so i was looking around for a game to buy and found the splinter cell Hd Trilogy remake and decided to buy the first one and i got hooked. Just bought the 2nd one(Pandora tomorrow) a couple of days ago and i'm starting it now. I recommend you buy them, it looks awesome in HD. Btw there are only 6 splinter cell games with the 6th one(Blacklist) coming out next year. In order:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist(coming in 2013)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a major fan on Stealth and espionage games. Metal Gear solid for life! and now you can add Splinter cell to that list too

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    skyrim DLC is finally out thank god

edit: only for xbox wtf
    just started skyrim... only a few hours in.... but this game is seriously going to cripple my personal life

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on Max Payne 3? The wife and kids are away this weekend and I plan on: sleeping and laying on the couch playing video games. I can't dig into stuff like Skyrim (no time), need something that I can work through in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Any thoughts on Max Payne 3? The wife and kids are away this weekend and I plan on: sleeping and laying on the couch playing video games. I can't dig into stuff like Skyrim (no time), need something that I can work through in a few days.
    try uncharted

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    NBA 2k12 SUCKS.

Sorry I had to say, and had no where else.
    It blows. Its the most frustrating sports game I've EVER played. The game mechanics are complete shit.

They took everything good about 2k11 and ruined it. I've officially uninstalled it and am playing 2k11.
    Yea NBA2K12 is pretty bad. It actually is the most frustrating sports game ever. The game is so unrealistic compared to 2k11. Easily the worst 2K sports game ever made :P

Thread Information