Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    same here but now i prefer to play games with a good story and characters. Games like the Uncharted series, Splinter cell, Metal gear solid, Assassins creed, etc... Run and Gun games are good but only with friends or family, playing alone or online gets boring easy its way too repetitive.
    Samesies. Although, if you can get one of those team capture the flag style online games going. They are highly addictove and fun.

I need a story though. A game like"Heavy Rain". Where it's like an interactive movie and your choices dictate the game, is the perfect type.

Although, I love guerilla warfare...with a story.

Has anybody ever played BioShock?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    I may be wrong, but it could be a matter of patience/time. Run and gun multiplayer is played at a faster pace and takes less time... it can be fun (look at TF2 for example)

When I was younger I used to play games guns blazing (and I still do when I play friends) but I'm more of a story-driven guy.
    It can also be highly complex. Real human competition is vastly superior to AI. Call of Duty gets a lot of hate but at the end of the day it sells high volumes and it's because it's multiplayer is the best around and it takes a lot of skill and brains to do well. I'm a little out of practice due to a bunch of things but I think I'll be dusting off the old 360 soon.

Also, don't get me wrong, I also love my tactical shooters like Rainbow 6 but I no longer enjoy MGS. I find it boring compared to a lot of the other combat offers out there.

What I don't need is a story. I don't have time to get into it.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

did you just call MGS boring? you're crazy bro. MGS is like the best game ever nothing can compare to Metal gear solid, it changed the way games are being made. Did you see that trailer? that shit even blows Uncharted 3 out of the water. Who doesn't like sneaking around knocking dudes out and try to go unnoticed? Its soo much fun and also very challenging which makes it even more fun, it actually requires thinking cause you have to know how to maneuver around enemies and who you should knock out. Stealth games are the absolute funnest to play, i just wish there were more of them.
    Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sun Sep 9th, 2012 at 02:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

just to set things straight you don't need any brains or skill to play COD. Its the simplest most repetitive game out there which is why i don't waste my money on it. Its soo easy to kill dudes on there its like child's play, i was playing black ops and my cousins house the other day and i was destroying dudes(i haven't played COD since the 1st modern warfare 3 -4 years ago).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Has anybody ever played BioShock?
    First one was Amazing for its time.
    Never played the second one. The newest one, Bioshock: Infinite, looks pretty Incredible actually as well.

Speaking of Amazing, Fallout: New Vegas is probably the best game I've played in a WHILE. Haven't played in probably about 6 months, and I've yet to see anything come close to it, still. Apparently Skyrim was similar (made by same people) but I don't know .. I think Fallout is one of the better game Series out there. Can't wait for the next one.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

few games disappointed me more than bioshock 2
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NBA 2K13 Trailer

No highlights of Raptors, but many highlights of Raps getting screwed on defense.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    few games disappointed me more than bioshock 2
    No shit...hmm.

Like Joey said the first one was incredible.

Haven't played it in a long time. It was one of a few I lent to a guy and never got back.

Never played the second one or this new one. The first one along with Heavy Rain I picked up for cheap and are two of the best games I've ever played.

I haven't bought a new game in a serious while. I think I picked up LA Noire nearly a year ago at GameStop and it kept freezing and fucking up along with a few other games I've bought there over the years. I've vowed to stop going there now cause it's bullshit!

I'm getting real tired of playing MLB 11 and Mafia 2.

Post Thanks / Like

NBA 2K13 Trailer

No highlights of Raptors, but many highlights of Raps getting screwed on defense.
    Even The Basketball Jones Blog agrees with me!

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/0...-2k13-trailer/

Post Thanks / Like

For the MyPlayer fans

Post Thanks / Like

that's insane
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit that looks pretty good. i was hoping live 13 would do good, but it looks like it'll be crap for another 2 - 3 years. Sleeping dogs is pretty awesome has anyone bought it yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Thats pretty impressive.

I was into the first two Solid games. Classics.
    This looks mightily improved. Haha
    i heard the 3rd one was amazing. I'm picking up the HD collection this weekend, i'll tell y'all how good it is. Already beat twin snakes so now i gotta beat 2 and 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I'll admit that looks pretty good. i was hoping live 13 would do good, but it looks like it'll be crap for another 2 - 3 years. Sleeping dogs is pretty awesome has anyone bought it yet?
    Yeah the game is amazing, you should definitely think about picking it up. I'd even say the story is more appealing than any GTA game. It's like watching a movie that you can control. And the hand-to-hand combat is reaaaaally good, felt like I was Bruce Lee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Yeah the game is amazing, you should definitely think about picking it up. I'd even say the story is more appealing than any GTA game. It's like watching a movie that you can control. And the hand-to-hand combat is reaaaaally good, felt like I was Bruce Lee.
    Hellz yea. I was really waiting for that game way back when it was called true crime hong kong. Then when i heard activision dropped it i was pretty upset. I'm glad square enix picked it up and made it into a pretty good open world game. I loved the huge map in Just Cause 2 so i'll expect it to be just as good or maybe better. Right now i'm playing Metal Gear solid 3 snake eater from the hd collection so i'm not so sure i'll pick up sleeping dogs right now, atleast until i finished the metal gear solid series. I might pick it up this weekend and just stash it for later, but i'll probably be too tempted to play it haha.

Post Thanks / Like

So who's getting 2k13?

Post Thanks / Like

So who's getting 2k13?
    I'll get it, if only because I've resorted to playing an association on Hall-of-Fame difficulty with vintage Iverson, TMac and Garnett as my Big-3. Its pretty ridiculous. Tons of fun though. haha

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be getting it. If I get anything this fall it will be Black Ops 2 or Black Ops Declassified.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2K13 Next tueday, I'll be picking it up for sure. Can't wait to play with Val and Lowry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    2K13 Next tueday, I'll be picking it up for sure. Can't wait to play with Val and Lowry
    Thats the beauty of Playing on the PC .. I been playing with Val, Lowry, Fields and TRoss for a couple months now! haha

But ya, they better at least make 2k13 better than 2k12 .. they've been taking steps backwards the last couple years.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information