Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 912

Thread: The Video Game Thread

  1. #301
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain" for XBox One

    Ummmm... yes please!!









    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  2. #302
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I bet that chick in the second picture has massive knockers.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  3. #303
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    $500 for the xbox one is retarded. nevermind all the other crap. sony killed it.

    for the record i'm not a sony fanboy or anything, i own a ps3 and xbox.
    @jerboat

  4. #304
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ummmm... yes please!!









    You like the Xbox one? well that's a first. Even my xbox fanboy friends jumped ship after that horrific reveal and Sony's utter dominance last night. Its basically a Blu Ray player loool

  5. #305
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  6. #306
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You like the Xbox one? well that's a first. Even my xbox fanboy friends jumped ship after that horrific reveal and Sony's utter dominance last night. Its basically a Blu Ray player loool
    Never said that. I like Metal Gear Solid.
    But Xbox One will have it.

    And what's basically a Blu Ray player? Xbox One? Not sure how you've come to this conclusion. They have virtually the exact same specs. Only Xbox comes with Kinect 2.0 built in, where with PS4 you have to buy a whole new 'Sony Move' or whatever it is.


    I probably won't get either though, since I've got a computer that's equal to, or better than, both of them already.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Jun 11th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  7. #307
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Never said that. I like Metal Gear Solid.
    But Xbox One will have it.

    And what's basically a Blu Ray player? Xbox One? Not sure how you've come to this conclusion. They have virtually the exact same specs. Only Xbox comes with Kinect 2.0 built in, where with PS4 you have to buy a whole new 'Sony Move' or whatever it is.


    I probably won't get either though, since I've got a computer that's equal to, or better than, both of them already.
    The ps4 has better specs and is much more user friendly and cost effective. You have to stay connected online on xbox to play and you cannot share games or buy used ones. If you lend the game to a friend they cannot play it till they pay the full price to unlock it. I have a PC too but console gaming has its advantages, the exclusives on PS4 are unmatched

  8. #308
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Never said that. I like Metal Gear Solid.
    But Xbox One will have it.

    And what's basically a Blu Ray player? Xbox One? Not sure how you've come to this conclusion. They have virtually the exact same specs. Only Xbox comes with Kinect 2.0 built in, where with PS4 you have to buy a whole new 'Sony Move' or whatever it is.


    I probably won't get either though, since I've got a computer that's equal to, or better than, both of them already.
    What does that have to do with anything? everyone hates the kinect and the PS Move isn't even a necessity

  9. #309
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    The ps4 has better specs and is much more user friendly and cost effective. You have to stay connected online on xbox to play and you cannot share games or buy used ones. If you lend the game to a friend they cannot play it till they pay the full price to unlock it. I have a PC too but console gaming has its advantages, the exclusives on PS4 are unmatched
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the specs. I dont' know anyone (including developers) who actually gets 100% out of these systems. The big issue for consoles (for gamers anyway) is content. We won't know how that plays out for a few years. I suspect that, like the last gen, each console will go though its high and low points.

    My biggest wish for the new consoles is that the new Xbox is better made than the 360. I bought my 360 and PS3 at the same time and have now gone through 2 Xboxes with total hardware failures. Unfixable. Putting aside the cost, it's enormously disappointing to have your downloads, etc. disappear into the ether. I've had a couple minor issues with the PS3 but it still works fine (despite blowing out my receiver on one occassion).

  10. #310
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? everyone hates the kinect and the PS Move isn't even a necessity
    Because one of the big digs against XBox is people are questioning why XBox is $500 and PS4 is $400.
    Its because its got over $200 worth of added Hardware attached.

    And 'Everyone hates Kinect'? Seriously? Lol Thats not good debate form.
    The Kinect has gotten fantastic reviews.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  11. #311
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the specs. I dont' know anyone (including developers) who actually gets 100% out of these systems. The big issue for consoles (for gamers anyway) is content. We won't know how that plays out for a few years. I suspect that, like the last gen, each console will go though its high and low points.

    My biggest wish for the new consoles is that the new Xbox is better made than the 360. I bought my 360 and PS3 at the same time and have now gone through 2 Xboxes with total hardware failures. Unfixable. Putting aside the cost, it's enormously disappointing to have your downloads, etc. disappear into the ether. I've had a couple minor issues with the PS3 but it still works fine (despite blowing out my receiver on one occassion).
    Like I said, I don't own either Current Gen system, so I can't speak too much to the quality of the machine itself.
    But your point about content, is the key one for me. If I can only get Gran Turismo or GTA on PS4, then thats a selling point for me. Metal Gear Solid would be damn nice to have though.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  12. #312
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Because one of the big digs against XBox is people are questioning why XBox is $500 and PS4 is $400.
    Its because its got over $200 worth of added Hardware attached.

    And 'Everyone hates Kinect'? Seriously? Lol Thats not good debate form.
    The Kinect has gotten fantastic reviews.
    Maybe from 5 year olds. Ask any real xbox gamer and they'll tell you its useless junk, its good for ages 5 - 14 for those mini arcade games.

  13. #313
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Maybe from 5 year olds. Ask any real xbox gamer and they'll tell you its useless junk, its good for ages 5 - 14 for those mini arcade games.
    Lol. Ok.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  14. #314
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the specs. I dont' know anyone (including developers) who actually gets 100% out of these systems. The big issue for consoles (for gamers anyway) is content. We won't know how that plays out for a few years. I suspect that, like the last gen, each console will go though its high and low points.

    My biggest wish for the new consoles is that the new Xbox is better made than the 360. I bought my 360 and PS3 at the same time and have now gone through 2 Xboxes with total hardware failures. Unfixable. Putting aside the cost, it's enormously disappointing to have your downloads, etc. disappear into the ether. I've had a couple minor issues with the PS3 but it still works fine (despite blowing out my receiver on one occassion).
    3rd party developers never get 100% out of the device because the same game is being releasing on other consoles as well. Now if we're talking exclusives, then most developers usually try their best to get the most out of the specific console. For example, Hideo Kojima grinded hard to get everything out of the ps3 in MGS4. Or Naughty with Uncharted 3, the graphics in the game are unmatched in current gen games. Thing with the ps3 is that they refused to give out 100% of the specs to 3rd party developers because they were afraid of the competition finding out about the technology they used. Which is why during the beginning, the ps3 games were really laggy and it was doing poorly in sales. Check now and the ps3 has outsold the 360 and the games, even the 3rd party ones, all run smoothly. IMO the next gen consoles won't start off as rocky as this past gen did

  15. #315
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Because one of the big digs against XBox is people are questioning why XBox is $500 and PS4 is $400.
    Its because its got over $200 worth of added Hardware attached.

    And 'Everyone hates Kinect'? Seriously? Lol Thats not good debate form.
    The Kinect has gotten fantastic reviews.
    i'm not one for motion games... for a myriad of reasons, from most of the games being very kiddish, to "if i wanted to get up and do shit while playing a game, i'd just get up and go out into the real fucking world and interact with actual people who i'd try to sleep with, but most likely fail... but that failure would be much more personally gratifying than losing a dancing game to a machine"

    buuut........

    my buddy has his kinect hooked up at home.... the gesture controls on that thing are pretty damn rad... i mean, in the menus and whatnot.. not in the games.... and if you got a boss tv, you damn near feel like you're in a sci fi movie..

    that feeling does get tired real quick though... and you revert back to using the controller.. because it's much easer to drink your beer

  16. #316
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i'd just get up and go out into the real fucking world and interact with actual people who i'd try to sleep with, but most likely fail... but that failure would be much more personally gratifying than losing a dancing game to a machine"
    Amen brother. Lol

    I'm just playing Devils Advocate. Neither of them is going to get my money. Lol Especially based on Motion Control.
    Just saying it IS an added asset, whos price would obviously be factored into the end price of the more expensive console.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  17. #317
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i'm not one for motion games... for a myriad of reasons, from most of the games being very kiddish, to "if i wanted to get up and do shit while playing a game, i'd just get up and go out into the real fucking world and interact with actual people who i'd try to sleep with, but most likely fail... but that failure would be much more personally gratifying than losing a dancing game to a machine"

    buuut........

    my buddy has his kinect hooked up at home.... the gesture controls on that thing are pretty damn rad... i mean, in the menus and whatnot.. not in the games.... and if you got a boss tv, you damn near feel like you're in a sci fi movie..

    that feeling does get tired real quick though... and you revert back to using the controller.. because it's much easer to drink your beer
    Yeah Kinect is pretty damn cool, I played it at my buds house a couple times. I'm even thinking about buying it next week for my 360

    It's generally more popular with the casual crowd of game buyers though which for some reason irks these "hardcore" gamer teens on the internet, which I find really weird since this thing was pretty much meant for kids lmfao

  18. Like Joey liked this post
  19. #318
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    that feeling does get tired real quick though... and you revert back to using the controller.. because it's much easer to drink your beer
    My natural gaming position (laying on the recliner with a bag of chips on my left side and a beer wedged between me and the armrest) doesn't accomodate the Kinect/Move stuff very well.

  20. Like Joey, heinz57 liked this post
  21. #319
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    My natural gaming position (laying on the recliner with a bag of chips on my left side and a beer wedged between me and the armrest) doesn't accomodate the Kinect/Move stuff very well.
    AMEN, SIR.

    If i wanted to move more than my thumbs half an inch or so in any direction, i'd rather just get off my ass and go outside.

    i've had much more fun playing the real life video game of "oh shit, where'd i leave my cell phone" on a sunday morning than i have had with any motion game

  22. #320
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Microsoft... Stick with PC's

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •