Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 809

Thread: The Video Game Thread

  1. #341
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    saints row 3 is free for psplus subscribers right now so i dl'd it, tho never being a big fan of the saints row games in general. i think the last one i played was 2? anyways, it's a lot of fun. definitely a huge GTA ripoff (can't wait till 5!) and extremely goofy, but man is it a lot of fun.
    @jerboat

  2. #342
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    any of you guys playing dota 2? it's free and already released in steam, turning that game on from time to time, would be nice to have a match or two with someone from RR, not likely though.
    #FREE

  3. #343
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    any of you guys playing dota 2? it's free and already released in steam, turning that game on from time to time, would be nice to have a match or two with someone from RR, not likely though.
    Saw that on steam. Not really my type of game.
    Speaking of Steam free-to-play games though, PlanetSide 2 is getting some great reviews.

    Playing through Resident Evil 6 right now ... F*ck I love these games.
    In Masai we Trust.

  4. #344
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Last of Us is very very good. Just got it the other day, yet another masterpiece by Naughty dog
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  5. #345
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    The Last of Us is very very good. Just got it the other day, yet another masterpiece by Naughty dog
    Ya played that with my buddy. Very cool game. Its like a movie.
    Unfortunately the single player campaign only lasts about 20 hours.
    Which, for a game, is not that long at all.

    And that would all be well and fine if the difficulties added anything to the game, or the multiplayer was good..
    But the multiplayer leaves ALOT to be desired, and the higher difficulties only give you less ammo throughout.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 24th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. #346
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Saw that on steam. Not really my type of game.
    Speaking of Steam free-to-play games though, PlanetSide 2 is getting some great reviews.

    Playing through Resident Evil 6 right now ... F*ck I love these games.
    Tried out Planetside, well wasn't impressed, spent there only 5 hours or so. Graphics are ok, but servers are quite slow, people were unsatisfied with updates, which were not improving but ruining the game. It was winter though, maybe they went to the right direction and gaming experience is improved up there.
    #FREE

  7. #347
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya played that with my buddy. Very cool game. Its like a movie.
    Unfortunately the single player campaign only lasts about 20 hours.
    Which, for a game, is not that long at all.

    And that would all be well and fine if the difficulties added anything to the game, or the multiplayer was good..
    But the multiplayer leaves ALOT to be desired, and the higher difficulties only give you less ammo throughout.
    Game seems pretty long to me. Haven't beat it yet
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  8. #348
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hotline Miami is the best game I've played this year.

  9. Like RandomGuy liked this post
  10. #349
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Hotline Miami is the best game I've played this year.
    yeah its awesome. the soundtrack is amazing too.
    @jerboat

  11. #350
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Without the soundtrack it honestly would not have been as enjoyable; those beats are great. Someone needs to put some lyrics to some of those.

    I finished the game. I'm not sure what's next, I'm probably going to buy Killzone when it drops for Vita. I've saw videos, it's going to be sick.

    It's too bad that EA took a pass this year on Vita when it comes to Madden. After the first patch came out last year Madden was really good on Vita. I still play '13 on my Vita. I'm in my 6th season in franchise.

    Looks like not too many sports games are coming this year for the system. Sony really needs to get developers on board if they want to move units. There are a lot of good games already but with each console comes certain expectations and in some genres they're not meeting expectations.

  12. #351
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

    Anyone still play? i started playing again yesterday, i forgot how damn fun it was. Hit me up with your PSN id's and we'll assemble a team :P
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  13. #352
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've had this shit pre-ordered since February, I can't wait.


  14. #353
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lucky you, don't have console :/ They aren't talking about PC version but usually those come out after few months of console releases.
    #FREE

  15. #354
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They've taken that game to a whole new fuckin level! you can golf and buy stocks and hunt and shit! Customizing cars?! Whatever social life I have will be surely destroyed for good once this game is released. That's a fact.

  16. #355
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anybody know of any retro-style game stores I can find in Toronto? I'm looking to buy some old games and sell some of mine I have laying around as well.

  17. #356
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Does anybody know of any retro-style game stores I can find in Toronto? I'm looking to buy some old games and sell some of mine I have laying around as well.
    Retro-style? I know (knew, I've been away for 2 years) that there are at least a couple downtown.

    At Yonge and Charles, in teh Charles St. promenade there's a Game Centre. They buy and sell used games and movies.

    On Spadina, just little south of Bloor, there's a place called A & C games, or something like that.

    Those are the only ones I know downtown. There's another Game Centre on the Danforth near Pape, but it's usually worse than the other 2 options.

  18. #357
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Retro-style? I know (knew, I've been away for 2 years) that there are at least a couple downtown.

    At Yonge and Charles, in teh Charles St. promenade there's a Game Centre. They buy and sell used games and movies.

    On Spadina, just little south of Bloor, there's a place called A & C games, or something like that.

    Those are the only ones I know downtown. There's another Game Centre on the Danforth near Pape, but it's usually worse than the other 2 options.
    Thanks, I looked up A & C and I believe they have what I want

  19. #358
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Pulled out the ol' NBA 2k13 the other day ... Been getting the itch lately. Lol
    So I found the latest Draft Class online, as well as the 2014 Draft Class ...

    -Simmed the entire first season with normal team roster.
    -Did the 2013 draft (post draft I traded guys to their actual teams). Anthony Bennett went #1 too!
    -Made the few big moves that have been made so far this off season.
    -Traded our main guys for picks and pieces, tanked the 'second' season.
    -Got the #1 pick, selected Andrew Wiggins.
    -Signed Demarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe with free cap space.
    -Starting Lineup of Bledsoe, TRoss, Wiggins, Demarcus Cousins and Jonas Valanciunas.
    -with Amir, Kabongo and JJ Redick coming of the bench.

    Ya this team will keep me busy at least until 2k14 comes out. Hah
    Ok, recap to this.

    Traded for Gasol mid-season as my "veteran championship presense" and it proved to be a solid move.
    Ended up Simulating the final half of the season and playoffs, and Finally ended with the Raptors winning the Championship with a lineup of Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Pau Gasol and Jonas Valanciunas, (and a solid bench); With Wiggins winning Finals MVP as a Rookie.

    Then, into the off-season, having played my cards right, I had $30M to spend on free agents, with RFA Kyrie Irving being my Main Target. Offered him a Max Deal, which in 2k13 2015-16, is a starting salary of $19.31M; Cleveland didn't match.
    I`ve promoted Noel to starting line-up (with Gasol now gone), and have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving (93), Klay Thompson (84), Andrew Wiggins (92), Nerlens Noel (84) and Jonas Valanciunas (90); with Terrence Ross, Myck Kabongo, Austin Daye, Enes Kanter and an older David West coming off the bench. I think back-to-back championships are in Toronto's near future.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Aug 11th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  20. #359
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ok, recap to this.

    Traded for Gasol mid-season as my "veteran championship presense" and it proved to be a solid move.
    Ended up Simulating the final half of the season and playoffs, and Finally ended with the Raptors winning the Championship with a lineup of Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Pau Gasol and Jonas Valanciunas, (and a solid bench); With Wiggins winning Finals MVP as a Rookie.

    Then, into the off-season, having played my cards right, I had $30M to spend on free agents, with RFA Kyrie Irving being my Main Target. Offered him a Max Deal, which in 2k13 2015-16, is a starting salary of $19.31M; Cleveland didn't match.
    I`ve promoted Noel to starting line-up (with Gasol now gone), and have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving (93), Klay Thompson (84), Andrew Wiggins (92), Nerlens Noel (84) and Jonas Valanciunas (90); with Terrence Ross, Myck Kabongo, Austin Daye, Enes Kanter and an older David West coming off the bench. I think back-to-back championships are in Toronto's near future.
    Haha that's insane. Wiggins winning finals mvp in his rookie season, that's a bit much no? lol
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  21. #360
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Haha that's insane. Wiggins winning finals mvp in his rookie season, that's a bit much no? lol
    Magic Johnson won Finals MVP as a rookie.
    Tim Duncan was Finals MVP as a sophomore. Its not unheard of.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •