Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    No man, I just mentioned that if you guys ever will try to share spoilers then inform before the message. Sorry for not being clear.
    Ohhh gotcha. Definitely. I would never ruin anything for anyone. Do unto others. And I know I'd hunt down some people if they Spoiled anything for me. So I'm with you man. Haha

Played last night for a few hours, seeing as I'm *cough*cough* home sick from work today ...
    Its a pretty phenomenal game so far. And I've literally done NOTHING. Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I would be in deep trouble if I would start playing it. Like in serious trouble, so I'm quite happy because I have lots of important things to do.

Is the game universe big? Are those rumors that the size of map is gta 4 + SA + VC, true?
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Well I would be in deep trouble if I would start playing it. Like in serious trouble, so I'm quite happy because I have lots of important things to do.
    Ya I regreted this decision immediately. Lol

Is the game universe big? Are those rumors that the size of map is gta 4 + SA + VC, true?
    Its bigger than San Andreas, GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption combined.
    And I'm pretty sure RDR is WAY bigger than Vice City. And it feels like it so far. The map is huge.
    I drove on the highway for what felt like 10 minutes and didn't make it nearly as far as I thought I would have. Haha

This is the best video I could find doing a decent comparison to truly convey the size of this map ..

You can see by this video, its about 5x bigger than GTA4.
    And rather than assuming the Airport Runways are the exact same, this assumes the Streets as the same width. Much better basis for size comparison.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 17th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow it's huge, when I saw Los Santos map I thought, oh well, isn't that big as I thought, probably as big as in GTA SA. But it's almost the size of GTA 4, hah, great. Have fun man.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Installing dlc right now. Will soon be immersed into the world of San Andreas once again

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with a buddy to pick up the Special Edition today. Probably going to be my last PS3 game so might as well go out with a bang
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Ya... GTA5 is dangerous ... this needs to be a Schedule 1 Controlled Drug.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ya... GTA5 is dangerous ... this needs to be a Schedule 1 Controlled Drug.
    Can you still pistol whip Hookers?

If so, I'm still not even remotely in support of this ridiculous franchise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Can you still pistol whip Hookers?

If so, I'm still not even remotely in support of this ridiculous franchise.
    Nope. You can Punch anybody you want in the face though ... including hookers.
    Suppose it really just depends on what aspects of the game you enjoy. I enjoy the openness of the world, the depth of the missions and the driving mechanics. If people only want to focus on the fact that you can 'pistol whip a hooker' (because pistol whipping a regular citizen is different?) then thats besides the point. Just as in real life, this game allows you freedom to do what you please. But just like in real, you have to choose whether or not you exploit it.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

GTA 5 is amazing ughhhhhh
    @jerboat

12. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Nope. You can Punch anybody you want in the face though ... including hookers.
    Suppose it really just depends on what aspects of the game you enjoy. I enjoy the openness of the world, the depth of the missions and the driving mechanics. If people only want to focus on the fact that you can 'pistol whip a hooker' (because pistol whipping a regular citizen is different?) then thats besides the point. Just as in real life, this game allows you freedom to do what you please. But just like in real, you have to choose whether or not you exploit it.
    I hear the is a chapter where you must choose between which method of gruesome torture to conduct on a victim you're looking to obtain info from. I think that's too far if it's true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I hear the is a chapter where you must choose between which method of gruesome torture to conduct on a victim you're looking to obtain info from. I think that's too far if it's true.
    Ya... But if you see the context it's put in, its no different than watching "Zero Dark Thirty"; and while still controversial, *SPOILER* it's shines a light on some pretty gruesome techniques used by the US Government, and encourages a very important debate on the issue.
    This game is VERY story driven. Its like a huge movie.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 26th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanna point out that they did a good job of making all 3 of the main characters likable. For me at least.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I just wanna point out that they did a good job of making all 3 of the main characters likable. For me at least.
    Definitely. Game wouldn't be as fun if they weren't all likeable

Post Thanks / Like

Default PSN Deal

Sony has a PSN deal on now that if you spend $50 they'll give you $10 in PSN credit in November via an email with a coupon code.

October is a good month to purchase a new title via PSN.

You could purchase GTA5 or the new COD and then get a game like Lone Survivor or Terraria or Hotline Miami essentially for free... Or if you have PS+ you could use the credit on one of their crazy cheap game sales and maybe get a relatively new AA or AAA game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sony has a PSN deal on now that if you spend $50 they'll give you $10 in PSN credit in November via an email with a coupon code.

October is a good month to purchase a new title via PSN.

You could purchase GTA5 or the new COD and then get a game like Lone Survivor or Terraria or Hotline Miami essentially for free... Or if you have PS+ you could use the credit on one of their crazy cheap game sales and maybe get a relatively new AA or AAA game.
    Those deals happen every few months. Its pretty cool, they have even better ones during the holiday season.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Did any of you beat GTA 5 yet? I'm taking my time and enjoying it, i'm exactly half way through it. I don't get how people finish it so quick. Do they not roam around and purchase cars, guns and clothes? whats the point in buying the game if you're just going to play the missions...
    Ohh and GTA online is launching Tuesday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Did any of you beat GTA 5 yet? I'm taking my time and enjoying it, i'm exactly half way through it. I don't get how people finish it so quick. Do they not roam around and purchase cars, guns and clothes? whats the point in buying the game if you're just going to play the missions...
    Ohh and GTA online is launching Tuesday!
    Not yet, I'm 53.3% through. Each guy has a Decked out wardrobe and Garage's full of Suped up Cars. I'm definitely taking my time with it. While still trying to make that paper. Spent it all on Rims. Lol

The other thing I've noticed though, is that the re-playability of this game is going to be huge. So I'm not worried. I'm actually looking forward to the second time I play it. Want to play the Stock Market a bit more from the get go.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Sep 27th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Those deals happen every few months. Its pretty cool, they have even better ones during the holiday season.
    Yeah, like I was saying, you spend $50 on a new release, get $10 back to spend on those crazy deals to come (deals which probably won't be on games like GTA5 or COD... Especially COD).

Thread Information