Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its worth getting for just 2k14 tho. Once Watchdogs and Uncharted 4 come out, it will be worth getting for sure
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Just flipped Rudy, Demar, Lowry and Augustin for Horford, Schroeder, Po and 2 2014 first round picks.

Sigh.

3. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Just flipped Rudy, Demar, Lowry and Augustin for Horford, Schroeder, Po and 2 2014 first round picks.

Sigh.
    Tweet that to MU
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Post Thanks / Like

There aren't even any bundles yet. Some stores have made their own but actual good savings bundles will probably drop next year when there is a decent lineup of games. A basketball game that plays the same on current Gen is not enough to entice me to pony up.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

id like to say I have the patience to wait but ill prolly be picking up the xbox one on friday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    id like to say I have the patience to wait but ill prolly be picking up the xbox one on friday
    Xbox one!? what are you crazy?
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

8. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sony>Mister Softee
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

meh the graphics aren't gonna be much different and I just find xbox to be much smoother and much better for multiplayer, better user experience overall, plus it just does more. PS4 is already having framerate dropping issues and it just doesn't appear to have improved much other than power obviously and I was shocked to find out just how bad the ps3 was at doing most things after doing research.. and as far as games, there are more games coming out for the xbox that I want to play, but that's a personal opinion thing. Even the new ability to record on the ps4 is much more time consuming and more difficult than it needs to be when compared to the xbone, plus u don't have to actually leave the game to record on xbox which is nice. I dunno, it just depends what u want in a system I guess, and to each their own. Both gonna be good systems but yeah im an xbox guy lol
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Nov 19th, 2013 at 02:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else been playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag? I have to say I am very impressed thus far. Way better than the last one, which isn't saying much I know since the entire story was based around a whiney teenager. The pirate angle is awesome and it's super fun to go around just being a pirate. The story seems good so far (about 34% through campaign) and the ship battles are actually fun.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    meh the graphics aren't gonna be much different and I just find xbox to be much smoother and much better for multiplayer, better user experience overall, plus it just does more. PS4 is already having framerate dropping issues and it just doesn't appear to have improved much other than power obviously and I was shocked to find out just how bad the ps3 was at doing most things after doing research.. and as far as games, there are more games coming out for the xbox that I want to play, but that's a personal opinion thing. Even the new ability to record on the ps4 is much more time consuming and more difficult than it needs to be when compared to the xbone, plus u don't have to actually leave the game to record on xbox which is nice. I dunno, it just depends what u want in a system I guess, and to each their own. Both gonna be good systems but yeah im an xbox guy lol
    The Xbone is the only console that can see your penis through your clothes:

Beyond that I don't think it does anything better than the PS4.

13. Like NoPropsneeded, LBF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Xbone is the only console that can see your penis through your clothes:

Beyond that I don't think it does anything better than the PS4.
    Clearly a fold in his pants.

I haven't yet used a ps4 but just based on some videos I think the xbox 360 even does some simple things better, but again its just personal preference I guess.

For me I guess the biggest thing is xbox live>PSN, xbox UI>PS UI, and graphics look the same, more framerate issues have been reported for PS4 while the same game seems to run smoother on xbox one. Also, the graphics in Ryse and Forza look better than anything launching for PS4 (Though Ryse might turn out to be a terrible game lol). And again, I prefer the exclusive games coming out for xbox in the future.

Most of those things could be argued either way I'm sure and just comes down to preference
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Nov 19th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want anyone seeing my pants fold on the internet, that's where I'll leave it ha, ha...

And please explain to me how Xbox Live is better than PS+.

16. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want anyone seeing my pants fold on the internet, that's where I'll leave it ha, ha...
    LOL That's just what the Infrared sensors see in the Kinect I think.
    The camera itself doesn't actually show that unless you have the Dev. Kit or have it connected and hacked in a computer.

And the technology in the Kinect 2.0 adds enough value to make the extra cost worth it in my books.

PS Move was absolute crap.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

And please explain to me how Xbox Live is better than PS+.
    Even tho PS4 improved on the PS3, xbox still seems to be faster and more intuitive to navigate with more options.. plus im willing to bet that online and multiplayer will be significantly better again. PS is known for putting its money towards hardware and MS is known for putting its money towards xbox live for years and it shows. Apparently all the servers that Microsoft is giving developers free access to is a big deal too but i don't know much about that end of it.

Ive already talked to numerous people who switched to PS4 from the 360 and are disappointed for the same reasons. A few of them have already sold their ps4's and are waiting for the xbone.
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Nov 19th, 2013 at 08:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So you didn't answer my question. Why is XBL better than PS+? XBL is a gate keeper to doing anything online. PS+ is totally different, merely giving subscribers dozens of free games(PS3,PS4, PSP & PSV) over the course of the year; a lot of AAA games. Plus big time discounts, plus full game trials, plus sometimes entry into hot betas, plus free wallpapers & avatars.

I started out with a 360 and I still own one. Funny thing is when I moved it never got hooked up again, I had no real good reason. My PS3 is getting all my time as I have a back log of free games to play through such as Demon Soul, Infamous 2, Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3, LBP2, LBP Karting, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Payday, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil HD Collection, Bioshock 2, NBA Jam, Darksiders, Vanquish, Spec Ops, Sleeping Dogs, Dues Ex: Human Evolution, Battfield 3, Hitman: Absolution, Kingdoms of Amalur, Shadow of Colossus, Ico HD, Dragons Dogma, Uncharted 3, XCOM, Wipeout HD, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Ninja Golden Sigma Plus, Disgaea 3, Rayman Origins, Soul Sacrifice, plus dozens of famous Indy games, PSP games, and PS1 classics. Seriously, there are some many great games on my list as part of the subscription that its kind of overwhelming.

I've punched my time and paid my money for both. In retrospect, what I paid to Microsoft was like burning my money compared to the investment in PS+.

I have so many free games to play that I won't even hop into the next generation until a year or two down the road.

And that's great that your friends are switching to the system you're choosing to purchase but when I go into any gaming store I can't find a PS4 so it would appear many people are looking to invest in Sony for this next gen. I think you're all a year too early personally though... One thing I am really excited about is the (free)streaming gaming service from Sony. I'll be able to play all the PS4 games on my Vita so when my daughter or wife wants the TV, no problem, I can play via my Vita in the basement, in my bedroom, on the toilet, on the deck, wherever. That's a beautiful thing.

Post Thanks / Like

So you didn't answer my question. Why is XBL better than PS+? XBL is a gate keeper to doing anything online. PS+ is totally different, merely giving subscribers dozens of free games(PS3,PS4, PSP & PSV) over the course of the year; a lot of AAA games. Plus big time discounts, plus full game trials, plus sometimes entry into hot betas, plus free wallpapers & avatars.

I started out with a 360 and I still own one. Funny thing is when I moved it never got hooked up again, I had no real good reason. My PS3 is getting all my time as I have a back log of free games to play through such as Demon Soul, Infamous 2, Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3, LBP2, LBP Karting, Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Payday, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil HD Collection, Bioshock 2, NBA Jam, Darksiders, Vanquish, Spec Ops, Sleeping Dogs, Dues Ex: Human Evolution, Battfield 3, Hitman: Absolution, Kingdoms of Amalur, Shadow of Colossus, Ico HD, Dragons Dogma, Uncharted 3, XCOM, Wipeout HD, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Ninja Golden Sigma Plus, Disgaea 3, Rayman Origins, Soul Sacrifice, plus dozens of famous Indy games, PSP games, and PS1 classics.

I've punched my time and paid my money for both. In retrospect, what I paid to Microsoft was like burning my money compared to the investment in PS+.

I have so many free games to play that I won't even hop into the next generation until a year or two down the road.

And that's great that your friends are switching to the system you're choosing to purchase but when I go into any gaming store I can't find a PS4 so it would appear many people are looking to invest in Sony for this next gen. I think you're all a year too early personally though...

Fair enough. To each his own. For me, the only games i have played and had an interest to play on that list were NBA JAM and Hitman Absolution. Payday 2 was good but man they need more maps. I would like to play uncharted but that's an exclusive..

Anyway, i prefer paying for a better service that provides a better experience for the games I actually buy and want to play and online is a big part of that. Xbox gives away free games and discounts and all that too, I just turned on my xbox and noticed i was given $10 cash to spend on whatever i want from xbox live rewards just from doing everyday things i normally do on my xbox.. but either way i guess im a little more selective than most when it comes to gaming and im not a huge indy fan. Hopefully the online gaming experience will be much better now that PS users have to pay for it but early reports aren't good (i know its still early) and chances are it will never be as good as the experience you have on xbox. In some ways the ps4 is just catching up to the xbox 360 - ie. cross game chat and other conveniences that xbox users take for granted and even still those features either don't work or don't work the way they are supposed to according to some people.

I can totally see why PS+ is more valuable to you and maybe you don't care about the features i do. For me its the other way around and thankfully there's 2 good consoles to choose from.
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Nov 19th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Xbox one has been reported to have disk drive issues btw

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Xbox one has been reported to have disk drive issues btw
    But so has the PS4.. at least 3 of my friends have already gotten refunded.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the future, gentlemen. At the beginning of the last Gen I suffered 4 red rings before they sorted it out; translates to about two years. Sony had less troubles last time around and the Vita tech launched virtually flawless so if I were a betting man I'd go with history and put my money on Sony having less problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    But so has the PS4.. at least 3 of my friends have already gotten refunded.
    Also Xbox one has sold like a million units in like 13 countries in around 24 hours. While PS4 sold the same amount in the same time frame in only the US and Canada alone. In other words, Microsoft is going to get smacked.

Both the consoles have release issues, like all new consoles, it happened last gen and its happening now.

I still don't see any reason anyone would buy an Xbox One besides being a Microsoft fan boy. All my friends who owned xbox's are all converting to PS4. The exclusives on PS4 are unmatched. Forza? really? Ever heard of Grand Turismo? probably the best racing simulator franchise of all time. How bout Uncharted? Watch dogs? Killzone? Infamous? Metal Gear Solid?
    Lets be real here. Xbox has never produced any stellar earth shattering game franchises other than Halo.

Thread Information