Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    well we'll just have to see how that goes.

BTW all of this started because I said I was excited to get an xbox when it came out. I didn't say anything about PS4 initially until you and noprops expressed your opinions or at least implied that the xbox was inferior. I believe I was even called crazy. I probably should have saved my time and just said "I get it, you really admire every last thing that that Sony does and you think everything else is inferior. I understand."
    Thing is. Microsoft is inferior to Sony in terms of gaming. I don't trust Americans with two things: Gaming consoles, and Motorized Vehicles.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Thing is. Microsoft is inferior to Sony in terms of gaming. I don't trust Americans with two things: Gaming consoles, and Motorized Vehicles.
    Most people who have used both consoles for playing online or multiplayer would strongly disagree. Even for offline campaign modes I've read that framerates are a problem on Certain PS4 games and play better on Xbox, cod ghosts was one example that came out in articles once the embargoes were lifted. So in terms of gaming and not just trying to fit as many pixels as possible on a screen, I believe Sony is inferior.

Anyway, I've said my piece, my intention wasn't to bash the PS4 at all but some arguments or statements I read seemed a bit ridiculous so I felt I should respond. Like I said before, a lot of it comes down to personal preference of exclusive games and certain features. Both are great gaming consoles so to each his own. I hope you're happy or will be happy with your PS4's, I know I'm more than happy with my Xbox.

You can have this thread back.
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Dec 3rd, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    My friend has it. It's really pretty and the stuff happening around you is actually pretty incredible but the game itself at its core is insanely monotonous. it's essentially just a brawler and once you get about halfway through that's pretty much it for what you can do. the slow-mo "fatalities" are awesome at first but gets soooo tired after a while.

it's too bad you can't really rent games anymore, this is the definition of a renter not a buyer.
    I see, thanks

So by brawler I'm assuming you mean it's something like double dragon or god of war, games where you mostly mash the buttons and insanely cool stuff happens. I'm cool with that those are my type of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I see, thanks

So by brawler I'm assuming you mean it's something like double dragon or god of war, games where you mostly mash the buttons and insanely cool stuff happens. I'm cool with that those are my type of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Similar, its more like batman arkham asylum or arkham city where you really have to know when to block except there isn't a prompt for it, you have to be paying attention to each enemies movements. And you have to break the guard of some enemies before you can do damage. So technically you cant just mash the buttons and kill everyone, there is a method to the madness. The melee and fighting mechanics are pretty awesome and make you feel badass but i'd agree with ceez, it does get monotonous after a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Default GTA5 finished, next up?

So, after about six or seven weeks I've finally finished GTA5. I enjoyed most of it, but I thought the ending was sort of anti-climatic. The last heist didn't seem all that epic either, and I found it easier than some of the other missions... Anyway, the online mode doesn't really appeal to me too much so I think I'll pass on that for now. I give the game a 9/10 entertainment-wise. This isn't the GTA that left the biggest impression on me(reserved for San Andreas) but it was a fun ride.

I noticed that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is on sale to PS+ members this week: $10 for the regular version, $15 for the version with extra goodies. I've not played a FF game since FF10 but I've read the reviews on this one and it looks interesting. I've spent about 30 hours in both WOW and SWTOR in the past and enjoyed them to some degree. I got bored after a while but I figure I could probably beat the main quest in about a month and move on. So for $10-15, it seems like a good deal for the game. I noticed it's on PS3 & PS4. It's also on PC but oddly enough, not on Xbox 360 or Xbone. Interesting...

Post Thanks / Like

So I bought FFXIV. For $10 and a 30 day free trail online it's well worth the price admission. Score again thanks to PS+.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So, after about six or seven weeks I've finally finished GTA5. I enjoyed most of it, but I thought the ending was sort of anti-climatic. The last heist didn't seem all that epic either, and I found it easier than some of the other missions... Anyway, the online mode doesn't really appeal to me too much so I think I'll pass on that for now. I give the game a 9/10 entertainment-wise. This isn't the GTA that left the biggest impression on me(reserved for San Andreas) but it was a fun ride.
    I think you should give GTA Online a try .. you can tell its actually what they made the game for, as opposed to the story mode. Its far deeper and far more immersive.
    Even just playing by yourself 'online'.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

I noticed that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is on sale to PS+ members this week: $10 for the regular version, $15 for the version with extra goodies. I've not played a FF game since FF10 but I've read the reviews on this one and it looks interesting. I've spent about 30 hours in both WOW and SWTOR in the past and enjoyed them to some degree. I got bored after a while but I figure I could probably beat the main quest in about a month and move on. So for $10-15, it seems like a good deal for the game. I noticed it's on PS3 & PS4. It's also on PC but oddly enough, not on Xbox 360 or Xbone. Interesting...
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag is very enjoyable. Just wrapped up the main missions on Monday (just in time for Xmas, when I'll get GTAV and Kingdom Hearts) and the game play is good, the story is good and being a pirate is just plain fun.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag is very enjoyable. Just wrapped up the main missions on Monday (just in time for Xmas, when I'll get GTAV and Kingdom Hearts) and the game play is good, the story is good and being a pirate is just plain fun.
    How was Black Flag? I've been a huge AC fan since the beginning, but was turned off by AC3 (I loved the spec-ops style stealth needed in the early games, but felt AC3 was more of brawler-combat type game). I also wasn't a huge fan of the naval missions, hence my reluctance to get Black Flag yet (after pre-ordering the last 3 games).

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up Gran Turismo 6 on preorder; Pretty bad ass, but not quite what I expected .. a little disappointed.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    How was Black Flag? I've been a huge AC fan since the beginning, but was turned off by AC3 (I loved the spec-ops style stealth needed in the early games, but felt AC3 was more of brawler-combat type game). I also wasn't a huge fan of the naval missions, hence my reluctance to get Black Flag yet (after pre-ordering the last 3 games).
    AC3 was terrible. I didn't finish it (not even close) but I've completed all the others.

Black flag is really good. There are a lot of missions where you have the choice of stealth or brawl, with stealth being the optimal choice.

The naval parts are really fun. Board a disabled ship , kill the captain and crew and take it for your fleet or use it to repair your own ship. Steal their cargo and use it to upgrade your ship for better cannons, mortars, etc. if you tire of the naval parts, you can fast travel to tons of places to skip it but you'll miss out on all the awesome sea chanty's your crew will sing (Yo ho, yo ho!). You can collect new chanty's in each town to mix it up and as silly as it sounds, they are a good touch.

The story line is quite good. The initial concepts of why this guy gets involved in it all (he's neither a Templar or an assassin) is a bit weak if you think about it too much but his character makes sense. The fighting is supposed to be a bit harder than before but I honestly don't remember well enough to compare.

Overall I'd say it's one of the better ones. If you liked all the rest of the series, forget about AC3 and get back on board, cause this game fits with the rest. Plus if you have the other games save files on your system, you can dress as Ezio or Altair instead. The Ezio robes fit well with the period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    AC3 was terrible. I didn't finish it (not even close) but I've completed all the others.

Black flag is really good. There are a lot of missions where you have the choice of stealth or brawl, with stealth being the optimal choice.

The naval parts are really fun. Board a disabled ship , kill the captain and crew and take it for your fleet or use it to repair your own ship. Steal their cargo and use it to upgrade your ship for better cannons, mortars, etc. if you tire of the naval parts, you can fast travel to tons of places to skip it but you'll miss out on all the awesome sea chanty's your crew will sing (Yo ho, yo ho!). You can collect new chanty's in each town to mix it up and as silly as it sounds, they are a good touch.

The story line is quite good. The initial concepts of why this guy gets involved in it all (he's neither a Templar or an assassin) is a bit weak if you think about it too much but his character makes sense. The fighting is supposed to be a bit harder than before but I honestly don't remember well enough to compare.

Overall I'd say it's one of the better ones. If you liked all the rest of the series, forget about AC3 and get back on board, cause this game fits with the rest. Plus if you have the other games save files on your system, you can dress as Ezio or Altair instead. The Ezio robes fit well with the period.
    Sounds good, thanks for the review. I finished AC3 (I'm way too much of a completionist lol) and then asked myself why I wasted soooo much time with some of the ridiculous side quests (some good ideas that became a bore to complete - ie: hunting & homestead).

I think my wife is getting it for me for xmas anyway, so I'm glad to hear it's better than AC3 at least!

13. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Sounds good, thanks for the review. I finished AC3 (I'm way too much of a completionist lol) and then asked myself why I wasted soooo much time with some of the ridiculous side quests (some good ideas that became a bore to complete - ie: hunting & homestead).

I think my wife is getting it for me for xmas anyway, so I'm glad to hear it's better than AC3 at least!
    Nice. #1 piece of advice, don't pay to lower your notoriety. Let the pirate hunters come because if you take them out, you get good stuff (materials) for upgrading your ship (which in turn will make it easier to take the hunters out, and repeat). Eventually your ship is just badass and you can take out anyone on the high seas. Also, if you board a ship in the middle of a giant battle, none of the other ships will attack you until your done and you can use it to repair your own ship, so focus on one ship at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been playing killzone for the PS Vita a lot lately. It's really good campaign wise... I have not entered multiplayer much yet.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone here on dead rising 3? i'm probably 13 hours ahead of you right now but i do love killing zombies with crowbars tied around sledgehammers.
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    anyone here on dead rising 3? i'm probably 13 hours ahead of you right now but i do love killing zombies with crowbars tied around sledgehammers.
    I downloaded the demo but haven't had time to try it out yet, how is it? I've never been one to become consumed by FPS's but I am currently obsessed with BF4 lol

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I downloaded the demo but haven't had time to try it out yet, how is it? I've never been one to become consumed by FPS's but I am currently obsessed with BF4 lol
    it's pretty sweet. haven't gotten into any multi-player yet though. something about slicing zombies in half with a samurai sword and then having both halves awkwardly crawl at you before you stomp on their heads makes me happy.

have you been getting angry with your xbox? i have been threatening it with consequences if it makes me speak things twice.
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    it's pretty sweet. haven't gotten into any multi-player yet though. something about slicing zombies in half with a samurai sword and then having both halves awkwardly crawl at you before you stomp on their heads makes me happy.

have you been getting angry with your xbox? i have been threatening it with consequences if it makes me speak things twice.
    Nice, im curious about what the co-op is like in that game.

LOL I'm loving the xbox! I haven't had any issues with commands aside from a couple instances where "xbox on" didn't work. Aside from that, I'm actually shocked and impressed at how well the commands actually do work. Huge improvement over the first Kinect. I was actually expecting to get a bit frustrated with the voice commands and assumed I probably would never use them but I have been pleasantly surprised and find I use them quite a bit just cause its faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up Terraria for Vita. I hated it at first. Then I figured out the controls. Now I like it more than the PC version.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone wants to go on a crime spree in GTA 5 for the 360 hit me up! Gamertag: FlaKesElTruCho

Thread Information