The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    On PC is mostly play mod the game or tweak the game. On console I just play. Both are fun but sometimes I don't want to download a texture pack, setup and go WOW. I just wanna kill hookers or try to kill lots of armed soldiers with a knife and a rock.
    Amen brother. Amen.

Comment

• There are certain games that you cannot get on PC such as Madden and PS exclusives. If one was to have a console and a PC I think the best consoles to own would be either Sony or Nintendo because you pretty much have your Microsoft ecosystem covered and then some with the PC.

Uncharted 4 looks crazy good. I don't think I'll get it when it comes out because I have a big backlog of games but eventually I'll get to it and I know that one is going to be a homerun. It always is the cream of the crop.

Comment

• so i restarted as a mage, i figured it'd be way more interesting given the story of the game and i really want to play as a death knight. archers are so boring in this game and none of the specializations are particularly interesting.

ugh really wish i didn't have to slog through the first part again but oh well. should've done it way earlier but oh well.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• heavy into the mods for the first time in skyrim, thanks for recommending them. i am playing Darth Sidious right now. i have the lightsaber mod and run with lightning, charm, drain life. send my apprentices in to die and then get a new one.

when the npcs say shit like "you'll never leave skyrim alive" or "skyrim is for the nords" i always reply (in the real world), "no, no, no it is you who will find they are wrong about a great many things"

allowed npcs to die. killed the royal court of solitude and sit on the throne.

so so fun

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            heavy into the mods for the first time in skyrim, thanks for recommending them. i am playing Darth Sidious right now. i have the lightsaber mod and run with lightning, charm, drain life. send my apprentices in to die and then get a new one.

when the npcs say shit like "you'll never leave skyrim alive" or "skyrim is for the nords" i always reply (in the real world), "no, no, no it is you who will find they are wrong about a great many things"

allowed npcs to die. killed the royal court of solitude and sit on the throne.

so so fun
            Breaking games is just fun

Comment

• I'm reading that Far Cry 4 will be the next frontier for modders. Apparently its primed for modding. I get a free copy with my new PC build so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I'm reading that Far Cry 4 will be the next frontier for modders. Apparently its primed for modding. I get a free copy with my new PC build so I'm looking forward to it.
                They actually said that about Far Cry 3 as well, and they both use the exact same Engine. Was one of the reasons I got FC3, but the difference is that they're great for creating environment mods, and multiplayer maps and stuff like that, but for actual "do what the hell you want to our game" type modding, its not like how Skyrim and the "Creation Engine" they've developed at Bethesda. But I'd love it if they someone deliver for FC4 and add more capabilities for the modding community to exploit. Look what its done for Skyrims playability, and notability so long after its release.
                Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I'm reading that Far Cry 4 will be the next frontier for modders. Apparently its primed for modding. I get a free copy with my new PC build so I'm looking forward to it.
                  I have been loving far cry 4. Great game.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    They actually said that about Far Cry 3 as well, and they both use the exact same Engine. Was one of the reasons I got FC3, but the difference is that they're great for creating environment mods, and multiplayer maps and stuff like that, but for actual "do what the hell you want to our game" type modding, its not like how Skyrim and the "Creation Engine" they've developed at Bethesda. But I'd love it if they someone deliver for FC4 and add more capabilities for the modding community to exploit. Look what its done for Skyrims playability, and notability so long after its release.
                    I saw one video where a guy was building a Goldeneye 64 level. Maybe this is a sign of good things to come in FC4?

I think it says a lot for the game itself as well. Skyrim is arguably a top 5 greatest game of all time candidate.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw one video where a guy was building a Goldeneye 64 level. Maybe this is a sign of good things to come in FC4?
                      Hah umm Ya I'd say. Couldn't think of a better sign really ..

Comment

• I played FC4 and tbh i was disappointed. I mean the story looks somewhat interesting but its basically FC3 with a new skin, Far Cry 2 was one of the best shooters i've ever played tho. That game was freaking amazing, the huge map and the exploration was epic. They need to get back to that

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          I played FC4 and tbh i was disappointed. I mean the story looks somewhat interesting but its basically FC3 with a new skin, Far Cry 2 was one of the best shooters i've ever played tho. That game was freaking amazing, the huge map and the exploration was epic. They need to get back to that
                          Did you ever play Just Cause 2? I've heard that's pretty insane, in terms of map size and freedom to basically do whatever you want.

Comment

Did you ever play Just Cause 2? I've heard that's pretty insane, in terms of map size and freedom to basically do whatever you want.
                            titled that way because it is a "just cause" like a cause for justice or "just cause" like just because?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              titled that way because it is a "just cause" like a cause for justice or "just cause" like just because?
                              HAH Never thought of it like that .. honestly, it could work both ways, but I imagine the intention is the first one.

Comment

Yeah I played it. Basically the gameplay is grapple hook, glide, shoot stuff. Big map but not packed full like Skyrim or Fallout. Fun game though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X