No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefer pumping out $5 for a month or two and moving on. It's a cheap way for me to catch up on some older games that I don't want to purchase.

The sports bit is only true if you don't care about the latest and greatest. From what I'm reading this year's Madden has an overhauled Franchise mode and so here I am considering buying it tonight. I only play franchise mode and I've been waiting for like 10 years for EA to change it up and enhance it.

Madden 16 was pretty good but I like the challenge of the run and beating a stacked box. This year they've also revamped the run game.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I prefer pumping out $5 for a month or two and moving on. It's a cheap way for me to catch up on some older games that I don't want to purchase.

The sports bit is only true if you don't care about the latest and greatest. From what I'm reading this year's Madden has an overhauled Franchise mode and so here I am considering buying it tonight. I only play franchise mode and I've been waiting for like 10 years for EA to change it up and enhance it.

Madden 16 was pretty good but I like the challenge of the run and beating a stacked box. This year they've also revamped the run game.
      Yeah i hear ya. The only sports game i care about having the latest and greatest is nba2k. All the ea games I can wait for if im getting them for free. Can always try out out free if u have ea access too and get 10% off the purchase and 10% off dlc

Comment

• So I did it again. I bought the new Madden. It's good. It's probably the best Madden ever. Franchise mode is greatly improved and more difficult. Game play is fun. They have new commentators which is awesome because I turned off Nance and Sims in years past over rehash after rehash. I recommend it and all but damn it's so expensive to buy new games these days for console. Shit.
        I'm almost all in on PC now. If Madden comes to PC next year that will put me over the edge.

I bought the game at Bestbuy and signed up for their rewards zone thing. To me it seems like a very small reward zone once reviewing how much you need to spend to even get a five dollar certificate. It should be called Bestbuy Reward Tease Zone. That would be more accurate.

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

So we need a new desktop and thinking about stepping in to get something capable of running some good PC games. Any suggestions or advice from the PC gaming crowd?

Was looking at
          http://m.costco.ca/CyberpowerPC-Game...100300943.html

Or

http://m.bestbuy.ca/defaultpage.aspx...ecs&lang=en-CA
          Last edited by Axel; Sun Aug 28, 2016, 03:52 PM.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel, I bought a new desktop a few years ago. I went with NCIX. They're Canadian based and they'll build a PC to your specifications. You will probably save money and ensure you have good components going this route.

They have predesigned rigs you're free to tweak or you can design your own and they will build it for you and test it. I'd be interested what price they give you for essentially this same Costco rig: http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/

The Costco rig has a nice video card but a small SSD. I don't see the processor speed though. No USB 3.0. I can't tell how many HDMI ports it has.
            Last edited by Apollo; Sun Aug 28, 2016, 07:13 PM. Reason: Correction.

Comment

Axel, I bought a new desktop a few years ago. I went with NCIX. They're Canadian based and they'll build a PC to your specifications. You will probably save money and ensure you have good components going this route.

They have predesigned rigs you're free to tweak or you can design your own and they will build it for you and test it. I'd be interested what price they give you for essentially this same Costco rig: http://pc.ncix.com/pcbuilder/

The Costco rig has a nice video card but a small SSD. I don't see the processor speed though. No USB 3.0. I can't tell how many HDMI ports it has.
              The Costco one doesn't seem to have HDMI which is why I'm leaning the Best Buy one (plus it's larger hard drive).

I'll check out that site too.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So I've been playing the titanfall 2 tech test this weekend and man they've done something to screw this game up. Hard to put my finger on it but it just doesnt play nearly as good as the first one. The gameplay just isnt as smooth or as fun. The first titanfall is still one of the best shooters of this generation. Better than any of the cods imo. Was so hyped about TF2 but now I dont even know if I wanna buy this game after playing the tech test...

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  So I've been playing the titanfall 2 tech test this weekend and man they've done something to screw this game up. Hard to put my finger on it but it just doesnt play nearly as good as the first one. The gameplay just isnt as smooth or as fun. The first titanfall is still one of the best shooters of this generation. Better than any of the cods imo. Was so hyped about TF2 but now I dont even know if I wanna buy this game after playing the tech test...
                  i didn't think titanfall 2 could be good anyway. they raced the first one out to be one of the first fps for the new consoles and it was really fun, but no story. the only thing they could do was add specials to titans, i figured, but who cares when there are 100s of games out there with story and gameplay. i enjoyed titanfall for a couple months but haven't even thought about playing it again since i stopped. i played wolfenstien, then doom, halo 5 and might do overwatch. if your market is pvp shooters you have to compete with halo, overwatch and call of duty. hard hard hard for how much content they gave us to become loyal to the brand

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    i didn't think titanfall 2 could be good anyway. they raced the first one out to be one of the first fps for the new consoles and it was really fun, but no story. the only thing they could do was add specials to titans, i figured, but who cares when there are 100s of games out there with story and gameplay. i enjoyed titanfall for a couple months but haven't even thought about playing it again since i stopped. i played wolfenstien, then doom, halo 5 and might do overwatch. if your market is pvp shooters you have to compete with halo, overwatch and call of duty. hard hard hard for how much content they gave us to become loyal to the brand
                    Imo the first titanfall is better than all of those shooters. For me the best shooters are bf4, titanfall, rainbow six siege and halo 5. The maps in the first titanfall are all amazing. There isnt a single bad map including all dlc. And the gameplay is on point. I played until regen 10 and kept playing. I still play from time to time because the game is so well done. Regardless of content, if the gameplay is good ill keep playing. I couldnt care less that they added a story, new titans and mechanics etc. Sure thats nice but totally useless when they fucked up the gameplay. Huge disappointment so far. Alot of people hoping it gets delayed so they can fix alot of the changes they made.

Comment

• Also i got a refund for overwatch. Thought that was a huge disappointment too. If u thought titanfall had a lack of content u will hate that game. Way less content than titanfall even.
                      Last edited by Machine; Mon Aug 29, 2016, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• I thought Titanfall lacked content. It was alright but I've played better shooters.

Comment

• Hey Apollo, have you had this happen yet in Madden17?

https://t.co/cvWECH8ksY

Comment

I thought Titanfall lacked content. It was alright but I've played better shooters.
                            Well they added more content but it seems to have gotten worse. Oh well, bf1 is out soon anyway.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Hey Apollo, have you had this happen yet in Madden17?

https://t.co/cvWECH8ksY
                              Not yet. All my kicks hit the back of the net after going through the uprights. lol

That video made me league though.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                Well they added more content but it seems to have gotten worse. Oh well, bf1 is out soon anyway.
                                I don't think I'll be getting a shooter this fall but BF1 looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X