• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA 5 is amazing ughhhhhh
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Nope. You can Punch anybody you want in the face though ... including hookers.
      Suppose it really just depends on what aspects of the game you enjoy. I enjoy the openness of the world, the depth of the missions and the driving mechanics. If people only want to focus on the fact that you can 'pistol whip a hooker' (because pistol whipping a regular citizen is different?) then thats besides the point. Just as in real life, this game allows you freedom to do what you please. But just like in real, you have to choose whether or not you exploit it.
      I hear the is a chapter where you must choose between which method of gruesome torture to conduct on a victim you're looking to obtain info from. I think that's too far if it's true.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I hear the is a chapter where you must choose between which method of gruesome torture to conduct on a victim you're looking to obtain info from. I think that's too far if it's true.
        Ya... But if you see the context it's put in, its no different than watching "Zero Dark Thirty"; and while still controversial, *SPOILER* it's shines a light on some pretty gruesome techniques used by the US Government, and encourages a very important debate on the issue.
        This game is VERY story driven. Its like a huge movie.
        Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 26, 2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• I just wanna point out that they did a good job of making all 3 of the main characters likable. For me at least.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
            I just wanna point out that they did a good job of making all 3 of the main characters likable. For me at least.
            Definitely. Game wouldn't be as fun if they weren't all likeable

Comment

• PSN Deal

Sony has a PSN deal on now that if you spend $50 they'll give you $10 in PSN credit in November via an email with a coupon code.

October is a good month to purchase a new title via PSN.

You could purchase GTA5 or the new COD and then get a game like Lone Survivor or Terraria or Hotline Miami essentially for free... Or if you have PS+ you could use the credit on one of their crazy cheap game sales and maybe get a relatively new AA or AAA game.

Comment

Sony has a PSN deal on now that if you spend $50 they'll give you $10 in PSN credit in November via an email with a coupon code.

October is a good month to purchase a new title via PSN.

You could purchase GTA5 or the new COD and then get a game like Lone Survivor or Terraria or Hotline Miami essentially for free... Or if you have PS+ you could use the credit on one of their crazy cheap game sales and maybe get a relatively new AA or AAA game.
                Those deals happen every few months. Its pretty cool, they have even better ones during the holiday season.

Comment

• Did any of you beat GTA 5 yet? I'm taking my time and enjoying it, i'm exactly half way through it. I don't get how people finish it so quick. Do they not roam around and purchase cars, guns and clothes? whats the point in buying the game if you're just going to play the missions...
                  Ohh and GTA online is launching Tuesday!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Did any of you beat GTA 5 yet? I'm taking my time and enjoying it, i'm exactly half way through it. I don't get how people finish it so quick. Do they not roam around and purchase cars, guns and clothes? whats the point in buying the game if you're just going to play the missions...
                    Ohh and GTA online is launching Tuesday!
                    Not yet, I'm 53.3% through. Each guy has a Decked out wardrobe and Garage's full of Suped up Cars. I'm definitely taking my time with it. While still trying to make that paper. Spent it all on Rims. Lol

The other thing I've noticed though, is that the re-playability of this game is going to be huge. So I'm not worried. I'm actually looking forward to the second time I play it. Want to play the Stock Market a bit more from the get go.
                    Last edited by Joey; Fri Sep 27, 2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Those deals happen every few months. Its pretty cool, they have even better ones during the holiday season.
                      Yeah, like I was saying, you spend $50 on a new release, get $10 back to spend on those crazy deals to come (deals which probably won't be on games like GTA5 or COD... Especially COD).

Comment

• Has anyone even gotten the chance to play GTA online yet?

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                          Has anyone even gotten the chance to play GTA online yet?
                          Played last night. Not for long but it looks pretty cool. Bunch more missions to do on there apparently.
                          I want to finish the 1P campaign first though.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Played last night. Not for long but it looks pretty cool. Bunch more missions to do on there apparently.
                            How did you even get in? You must have a really good connection or something. ive been trying for the past two days and no luck

Comment

• I'd say it's more likely a server thing than anything to do with your connections. Most people have a decent connection these days. If the server the game connects him to is on and the one you're sent to isn't, there's your problem. Technical issues are always going to be in bigger abundance when something first goes live.

So I think I'm getting this game for my birthday. I told my wife I don't want a book or a bottle of whiskey or anything like the past failed attempts at getting me a b-day gift I'll enjoy.

I own a PS3 so sorry in advance if you're drive-by'ed some night a few weeks down the road by a mad man going for the world record for longest wheelie ha,ha

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Is it anything like GTIV online in that you're on a map with a bunch of people you don't know? How many people can a map hold at one time?

Comment

I'd say it's more likely a server thing than anything to do with your connections. Most people have a decent connection these days. If the server the game connects him to is on and the one you're sent to isn't, there's your problem. Technical issues are always going to be in bigger abundance when something first goes live.
                                Bingo. Nailed it. I logged in around 11pm, so maybe that's a slower time of the day?

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                So I think I'm getting this game for my birthday. I told my wife I don't want a book or a bottle of whiskey or anything like the past failed attempts at getting me a b-day gift I'll enjoy.

I own a PS3 so sorry in advance if you're drive-by'ed some night a few weeks down the road by a mad man going for the world record for longest wheelie ha,ha
                                Hahaha Amazing. Bring it on!

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Is it anything like GTIV online in that you're on a map with a bunch of people you don't know? How many people can a map hold at one time?
                                I believe the maps can hold 32 peoples, and ya, its the regular GTA5 map just live real-time with other people going crazy. I guess you have to create "crews" and do jobs as a crew, which is something I've yet to figure out. And character creator for online reminds me of the Sims. Lol But it should add a massive amount of gameplay to the game.
                                Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 4, 2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X