No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished Portal 2. Excellent game and I can't believe it came out four years ago. Time flies.

I'm visiting COD MW3 tonight. GMG is selling it for 78% off to GMG members; that's $8.99 CAD. I don't plan on attempting multiplayer on it seeing his it's five years old.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      After reading your post I googled the game and came upon this review that detailed the issues: http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/12/124...llo-games-sony

I wasn't planning on being a day one adopter so I'm unconcerned with the issues. When I do get it down the road I'll opt for the PC version and make sure it's during one of those 75-85% off sales that tend to pop up a lot heading into Christmas season. I think PC is best bet because the community will probably offer up a lot of independent patches and content. A game this vast seems primed for modding.
      Yeah good call. In the meantime I highly recommend Elite: Dangerous if u catch it on sale. Incredibly deep game with some similarities but more on the realistic side.

Comment

I finished Portal 2. Excellent game and I can't believe it came out four years ago. Time flies.

I'm visiting COD MW3 tonight. GMG is selling it for 78% off to GMG members; that's $8.99 CAD. I don't plan on attempting multiplayer on it seeing his it's five years old.
        Yeah all the old cod games seem to be infested witg hackers especially on PC. Ive noticed some on black ops for back compat on xbox too

Comment

• I don't get the enjoyment out of hacking a game. The whole point is the challenge of the competition or at least to me it is.

Read a cool story tonight for Goldeneye fans:

Veterans of the Nintendo 64 likely remember Goldeneye 007, a surprisingly great adaptation of the James Bond film released in 1997 that changed shooters forever. After the 2004 release of Half-Life 2, itself a milestone propelling the genre forward, fans started toying with remaking their favorite old game with the graphics engine powering their new one. While they've sporadically released versions of Goldeneye: Source since then, the team is finally unveiling its first update in three years, a full overhaul that's free to download and play.
          Goldeneye: Source has 25 multiplayer maps, 10 game modes and all 28 weapons from the original game: Fire it up and you can blast your friends just like you did almost two decades ago when it was first released.
          https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/12/...make-released/

Comment

• Been a while since I've played a Metal Gear game ... but seems to be a pretty massive departure from the games I remember ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Been a while since I've played a Metal Gear game ... but seems to be a pretty massive departure from the games I remember ...

Well I know they lost Kojima and he was the creative force behind all the previous games. It makes sense for them to try something different now just like in movies a series changes when a new director enters the equation. I won't be buying this though. I'm all zombied out.

Comment

• In other news I'm thinking about trying out Origin for a month. There are some nice titles on there and it's only $5/mo. There's a limited number of games so I think it only has short term value but still.

Comment

• Just picked up Arkham Knight Premium Edition (as all DLC content I guess?) for $15 .. haven't played any of the previous Arkham games ... but figured it was Batman, so I can't go wrong .. do I need to play the other games first?

Also, Apollo, I know you appreciate a good deal, I've been using cdkeys.com .. it seems kinda sketch, but I took a chance on them for a $10 GTA Shark Card, and it delivered instantly.
                  For the PC its awesome, since they're all just Steam codes for the most part, but its waay cheaper than Steam, always.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    That might be the answer then. I've upgraded to level 6 charisma so I could put stores in and I think I'm still at 17 people.
                    What if you have droids, do they take away the space from humans? Also, what if you send your settlers from one settlement to another, as far as I know you can do it.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Just picked up Arkham Knight Premium Edition (as all DLC content I guess?) for $15 .. haven't played any of the previous Arkham games ... but figured it was Batman, so I can't go wrong .. do I need to play the other games first?

Also, Apollo, I know you appreciate a good deal, I've been using cdkeys.com .. it seems kinda sketch, but I took a chance on them for a $10 GTA Shark Card, and it delivered instantly.
                      For the PC its awesome, since they're all just Steam codes for the most part, but its waay cheaper than Steam, always.
                      i didn't like the batmobile. found it the worst of the series because of it. don't need the other games.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        i didn't like the batmobile. found it the worst of the series because of it. don't need the other games.
                        Agreed. The Batmobile played way too big a part of the game play. The previous games were definitely better in my books.

I would suggest Joey plays the previous ones just because they are awesome but for story line continuity purposes, you'll figure out what happened in the previous game pretty darn quick.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. The Batmobile played way too big a part of the game play. The previous games were definitely better in my books.
                          at first i was super stoked for the batmobile but shoehorning it in was a bad idea. don't remember having ever read a comic where the batmobile was continuously the only way batman could move forward. would have been better to keep the first hour of the batmobile in the game so everyone, new and old, understood it was there and then leave us to play the game how we wanted to. add in some batmobile missions like the flying/gliding missions and players will play with the batmobile to fill out achievement lists

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            at first i was super stoked for the batmobile but shoehorning it in was a bad idea. don't remember having ever read a comic where the batmobile was continuously the only way batman could move forward. would have been better to keep the first hour of the batmobile in the game so everyone, new and old, understood it was there and then leave us to play the game how we wanted to. add in some batmobile missions like the flying/gliding missions and players will play with the batmobile to fill out achievement lists
                            Yup. A few mission lines that were Batmobile dependent would have been fine but 80% of the game required it. I much preferred travelling in the older games or even the linear movement of the first game (which is still the best story concept of them all; simple and perfect).
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'll check them out, thanks!

Right now I'm trying out EA's Origin Access for a month. I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition. I had it for PS4 at one point but got distracted and never went back. Anyway, I'm having a blast the second go around while avoiding anything too grindy like running around collecting herbs and metals; I'm thankful for PC mods! It's basically Mass Effect in a fantasy land with Skyrim sprinkles and a KOTOR on top.

Origin also has all three dead spaces, a complete version of Battlefield 4 and a couple more interesting titles. I might stick around for a second month and then cancel.

Comment

I'll check them out, thanks!

Right now I'm trying out EA's Origin Access for a month. I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition. I had it for PS4 at one point but got distracted and never went back. Anyway, I'm having a blast the second go around while avoiding anything too grindy like running around collecting herbs and metals; I'm thankful for PC mods! It's basically Mass Effect in a fantasy land with Skyrim sprinkles and a KOTOR on top.

Origin also has all three dead spaces, a complete version of Battlefield 4 and a couple more interesting titles. I might stick around for a second month and then cancel.
                                Yeah ea access is a no brainer deal. I made a post about it a while back:

Also, i decided to sign up for EA access the other day. Its an insane deal. $29.99 for the year and u get the following games for free:

Nba live 16
                                Rory mcilroy pga tour
                                Fifa 16
                                Nhl 16
                                Madden 16
                                Battlefield hardline
                                Dragon age inquisition
                                Titanfall
                                Fifa 15
                                Nhl 15
                                Battlefield 4
                                Plants vs zombies garden warfare
                                Nba live 15
                                Madden 15
                                Fifa 14
                                Peggle 2
                                Ufc
                                Need for speed rivals
                                Madden nfl 25
                                Plants vs zombies backwards compatible
                                Dead space backwards compatible

Every brand new EA game is eventually added to the free list.

Plus you get a 10% discount on any brand new EA game and 10% discount on any dlc. Plus you get to play any ea game a week early for free even if u dont plan to buy it. The full game, not a demo.

You also get premium for bf4 and bf hardline

Fucking insane deal.
                                More games have been added since that post too. Beats buying new sports games every year. Can just pay $29.99 and get all the new versions every year and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X