Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Mordor just arrived. Excited
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Shadow of Mordor just arrived. Excited
      Really want to try this game. I expect a fully detailed review!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Only got about 30 mins of game time so far (software update, game data update, baby wake up from nap) but my early findings are disappointing. Graphics (PS3) looked below standard except when in cut scene. Movements aren't nearly as fluid as you'd expect (I was expecting AC Black Flag or Batman Arkham series type) and simply walking feels stiff. I hope to get more time in later today and will update on the progress.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Dragon Age looks really really good, i'm definitely picking that one up. I agree with you there, Black Flag was the best AC in my opinion, it was the first game i got with my ps4 and i loved it. AC Unity on the other hand has soo many technical problems, the frame rate drops below 30 multiple times during gameplay. It reminds me of Splinter Cell double agent on ps3, if you played it you'd know what i'm talking about. Insanely laggy yet so much potential, hopefully they fix it with a patch. Oh and Far Cry 4 came out yesterday I believe, tons of good games this month.
          This game is really bad ass. Part of the plot line is that you have to go around closing "rifts" which are doorways to Hell or the afterlife essentially. Demons come through the rifts and terrorize the land. You have a unique ability to close the rifts but to do so you need to throwdown at rifts and defeat waves of Demons. Its kind of like Oblivion but you don't enter the rift(at least not yet in my play through).

Not only that but there is a civil war ongoing between Templar's and Mages and so you are constantly coming up on skirmishes. Only thing is, you represent a third group, the inquisition and of course the Templar's and Mages hate your guts and want to wipe your party out whenever you're spots in the field. It makes for a lot of action and in between all these battles there's wild game you can hunt for materials to craft items.

So far I'm pumped. It feels like Skyrim meets Diablo and it works really @#$%'in well. I turned it on last night after everyone went to bed and got lost in the game... Before I know it it's like 1AM and I had to get up for work at 6AM. Fun times, totally worth it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            It feels like Skyrim meets Diablo and it works really @#$%'in well.)
            this just sold me on it. two of my favorite games.

if i didn't just get far cry 4 and gta5 redux i'd totally grab it. now i'll wait a few months and get it when its cheaper.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Joey, unless you got a PS4 or XboxOne, don't bother with shadow of Mordor. It's supposed to be great on the next gen systems, but the previous gen system version is crap.

First thing I noticed is that the graphics are poor. Cut scenes look great but gameplay often has glitches in animations (jumpy) or backgrounds (losing all texture). It honestly looks like a PS2 or xbox game (although KOTOR had cleaner animations back in the day).

Second, long load times. To go from the main world to open your map to set a waypoint, then back again has about a 7 second load time. That might be seem huge, but when you are constantly selecting a target or upgrading your weapons or character, these loads times feel like half the time you are playing.

I'm a little over 2 hours in so far.

The map seems large but seems smaller and smaller the more I play. The world is basically all black and gray, so visually it is quite dull.

Comment

Only got about 30 mins of game time so far (software update, game data update, baby wake up from nap) but my early findings are disappointing. Graphics (PS3) looked below standard except when in cut scene. Movements aren't nearly as fluid as you'd expect (I was expecting AC Black Flag or Batman Arkham series type) and simply walking feels stiff. I hope to get more time in later today and will update on the progress.
                Yea the last gen version sucks unfortunately. Its freaking amazing for ps4 tho

Comment

Yea the last gen version sucks unfortunately. Its freaking amazing for ps4 tho
                  I always assumed it would be better for ps4, but I am honestly shocked at how poor the graphics are for ps3. Perfect example, there are ridges and cliffs all over, roughly the height equivalent of a building in any AC game. I killed an Orc at the edge of it using sneak attack. After the camera reset from the stealth kill animation (in which your knife often looks like it misses) the ground below me losses all texture and basically looks like a big pool of grey water. After about 10 seconds, all the texture returns.

Another thing which is just bush league, after you kill a guy, while his corpse is lying on the ground, you'll start to hear the sound of him dying from when you stabbed him in the throat with your knife 5 seconds earlier. It probably happens 15-20% of all my stealth kills. Really confused me at first into thinking there was something going on behind me but nope, just a big old tape delay on the audio.

Comment

I always assumed it would be better for ps4, but I am honestly shocked at how poor the graphics are for ps3. Perfect example, there are ridges and cliffs all over, roughly the height equivalent of a building in any AC game. I killed an Orc at the edge of it using sneak attack. After the camera reset from the stealth kill animation (in which your knife often looks like it misses) the ground below me losses all texture and basically looks like a big pool of grey water. After about 10 seconds, all the texture returns.

Another thing which is just bush league, after you kill a guy, while his corpse is lying on the ground, you'll start to hear the sound of him dying from when you stabbed him in the throat with your knife 5 seconds earlier. It probably happens 15-20% of all my stealth kills. Really confused me at first into thinking there was something going on behind me but nope, just a big old tape delay on the audio.
                    Hahaha Thats pretty bad.

I wonder if Far Cry 4 for PS3 will be as shite.

Comment

Hahaha Thats pretty bad.

I wonder if Far Cry 4 for PS3 will be as shite.
                      I just traded it in at EB Games. Got $30. Better to take the loss and stay away from new releases for a while. Took home SSX and a gift card as a reminder of my harsh lesson.

Comment

• So is it a true story that Xbone dropped the ball on the Halo collection? I'm hearing worse than the Driveclub debacle by Sony.

Xbone is on sale with two games for $350 on Friday. I don't need another console but that deal is pretty sweet when you consider the Wii U is only $50 cheaper than that with a comparable bundle.

Comment

Woah thats terrible. Well i guess thats what happens when you downgrade a game originally made for next gen. PS3 is extremely outdated now, it was a good run. You should just put some money toward a next gen console, there are some decently priced bundles out there for black Friday i believe

Comment

• really liking dragonage. got it friday and have logged 30+ hours. first hour or so is super boring while we set up the story but once you get to the hinterlands and take full control, it gets very good.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              really liking dragonage. got it friday and have logged 30+ hours. first hour or so is super boring while we set up the story but once you get to the hinterlands and take full control, it gets very good.
                              Combat isn't as satisfying as a game like skyrim imo, everything else is great though

Comment

Combat isn't as satisfying as a game like skyrim imo, everything else is great though
                                At the bored as shit stage right now. Really could just play WoW instead of the first few hours of this crap. Hopefully it improves. DAO was one of my favorite games DA2 was utter crap

Comment

Working...
                                X