The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    every year i tell myself i'm not going to buy the new madden and every year i buy it the day it comes out
    +1000000

I did it again this year.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      anyone see the trailer to 2k16? lol literally only a 1/4 second of a raptor in the whole 3 minute trailer. derozan in mid-dunk. tons of sacramento kings in there for some fucked up reason.
      So far, on the original tip they flash the Raps center logo, Lowry also has a nice reverse layup, and it looks like Demar doing a crossover .. and I'm only a minute in. Lol But you're right, they're flashes of them. They also put a lot of emphasis on mouth guards ... I guess they just added them.

Oh, and those Clippers unis are f*cking horrible...
      Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 26, 2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        +1000000

I did it again this year.
        yep

it is really good this year though. i'm digging it way more than past year. draft champions in itself is a reason to buy it.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Probably the best video game trailer you will ever watch:

Comment

• Madden 16 Review

So I bought Madden 16 on Sunday and messed around with it last night. I have to say, if you like football and you've not owned a Madden game for some time then this is a great entry point. If you buy it every year then this year you should get more value than you're used to.

They've overhauled receiving giving you three different options when making plays on the ball. They've given you three new pass commands at QB. You have new moves and commands on defense as well. Running feels much, much more fluid and real. I love driving my offense via the run first to draw the defense in and then torch them through the air; I'm good at running the ball. In this game the cuts are crisp when you have an agile runner. Truckers truck. Guys who like the bounce around, you can bounce around with. The game isn't a pickfest like Madden 15 either as passing has been improved a lot. Let it be known, when you're playing with an inaccurate passer you will pay for it on the hard difficulty settings (ie: leading a receiver with Johnny Manziel will be a nightmare compared to leading a receiver with Aaron Rodgers).

Franchise mode has been repackaged. The menus no longer lag and once you get used to the layout it just feels better: more logical layout, making you more efficient. Game prep has been expanded and they've brought back player drills to earn exp(yay!). One problem though, you have to wait on load screens for every different drill you run. Meaning, if you have "60 hours" of prep time and you run three drills at "20 hours" per pop that's a bunch of load screens while popping into the drills and back out. What would have been better is if the designed it so you bounce into a drills mode and then pick your drills for your players and execute; two loadings vs. six or more? I have a tradition of picking one of the worst rated teams in the league whom I also don't have a lot of love for and who plays in the AFC so I don't have to beat up on my beloved Packers. So, usually it comes down to the Bills and I then move them to Toronto so that by season one I am then in Toronto for the rest of my dynasty experience. I will be doing that this time around again but instead of the process being initiated at the beginning of pre-season it apparently happens in week 5-8 of the regular season. Hopefully they've improved the process and provided new jersey and team branding options; usually I'm the "Toronto Huskies" with very boring looking grey, white and powder blue colors...

They have a new game mode which I liked when I messed around with it but it would take too long to explain. It's cool though and it involves drafting a team, picking a coach and then locking horns with other players.

The soundtrack is frickin' awesome. It's their best soundtrack ever. I can safely say that with conviction and this is coming from a guy who has bought the game every year since 1998. I have songs stuck in my head now even. I usually turn off the music after the first week but they have 30 tracks and nothing annoying. They even have that new song by the Weeknd, which I admit I love and I'm probably the biggest hater of most new music that comes out that you'll ever meet. For the first time they tossed in a little country but they were smart about it and made sure they picked musicians that feature mostly rock elements with a little southern flavor in the mix. The R&B and the rap is spot on. I'd almost like to own the soundtrack it's that good.

Graphics have been improved. The player models look so real. The stadiums look almost photorealistic if not for the fan models that are still lacking. Honestly though, I understand, because these stadiums are huge and if you had 20,000-80,000 detailed fan models in one stadium it would crash the game. There is no console that can handle that. It would be nice if they could have offered a little more detail on the lower bowl fans though, in particular around the sidelines area where the players and coaches stand.

Player ratings will see an overhaul by week two. There are some camp studs who didn't get any love in the game... Yet. Best player in the game is Rodgers(99). JJ Watts got hosed in the ratings only scoring a 91. Coverboy Beckham got a 94 and that's got to be one of the highest sophomore ratings in Madden history. I don't think Vick, Newton, RG3, Randy Moss or anyone else landed this high of a rating going into their second year but Beckham dominated like no rookie ever has. He had an amazing, short season last year.

Play-by-play. Time for an overhaul. They added new stuff to the mix but I really wish there was a setting to turn off color and leave on the basic play-by-play. I just know I'm going to get sick of hearing these guys have the same conversation about my players 50,000,000 times. Last year I turned off play-by-play after about a month in. Don't get me wrong though, it's on par with most other sports games. They all need the option to turn off color.

All-in-all, EA delivered on this one. It's a breath of fresh air. If I had to score this one I would give it a solid 4.5 Josh Gordon fail drug tests out of five.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Probably the best video game trailer you will ever watch:
              EA has too much money ... Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                EA has too much money ... Lol
                Which is why is crazy not to think NBA Live will at some point take over as the better basketball game.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Which is why is crazy not to think NBA Live will at some point take over as the better basketball game.
                  Join my New Fantasy League damnit NoProps!! Lol

Comment

2K fixed their messed up paywall franchise mode b.s. and EA doesn't support PC so I'd still lean toward 2k right now. I play Madden on my PS4 but if I could play it on my PC I might be inclined to do so there instead due to a mod community which would exist.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Join my New Fantasy League damnit NoProps!! Lol
                      I swear I did, the wolverines is what I named my team I believe lol

Comment

I swear I did, the wolverines is what I named my team I believe lol
                        Ohhhh That's YOU! Awesome! Haha Was trying to figure out that was. Good to know. Haha

Comment

• I actually just saw an interesting write up on pricenfees about video game use in moderation actually promoting productivity... not sure how accurate this is though lol!

Comment

• for the first time ever, thanks to a friend deciding he wanted to loan me one, I have been playing a playstation 3(always been a Nintendo guy, I mean come on, Mariokart and Zelda????)

And have started the Assassins Creed journey, and I must admit....its has been fantastic so far....

Comment

• 2k16 my career is absolutely ridiculous
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                2k16 my career is absolutely ridiculous
                                how so?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X