The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Gamers will eat a generic product for a new roster if they perceive "value". See Madden every second or third year.

The problem 2k faces is that they're gouging hoops fans on this micro transaction bullshit. You can't charge $70 for the game and then essentially take use a free to play model in game. That's called greed and eventually the well will be dry.
    I agree, 2K is ripping people off and the consumers don't really have any choice since Live isn't very good at the moment. The competitive aspect from 2K is basically gone, if you wanted to you could purchase as much "VC" as you want and buy all the good players, items, attributes, etc. This is why I opted not to buy it, myteam mode was fun till every dude I faced had Lebron :/

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      I agree, 2K is ripping people off and the consumers don't really have any choice since Live isn't very good at the moment. The competitive aspect from 2K is basically gone, if you wanted to you could purchase as much "VC" as you want and buy all the good players, items, attributes, etc. This is why I opted not to buy it, myteam mode was fun till every dude I faced had Lebron :/
      That must be new to 2k15 ?.. glad I didn't get it.

Comment

Exactly and in any of the newer 2k's they've taken the franchise mode, locked almost everything and made it so hard to earn VC that you'd have to grind endlessly, away from franchise mode. Your only real option to enjoy the modes(s) you want to play immediately is to spend more money.

In Madden for example in franchise mode everything is unlocked and the only thing you have to pay with currency is for special attributes such as talking old players into not retiring. Not to mention there is no way to purchase such things with real cash.

I bought 2k14 at a greatly reduced price(used) last year and was shocked they were doing this $70 "free to play" ripoff and more shocked that reviews were ignoring it. You really can't trust review sites anymore, it's clear they're just an advertising platform to the highest bidders.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          That must be new to 2k15 ?.. glad I didn't get it.
          Nah man its been like this for the past 3 years ever since they introduced this VC crap

Comment

• The main difference between 2k14 and 2k15 is the player movements, they look and feel much more realistic. Everything else is basically the same.

2k pretty much has a monopoly on basketball games since Live has been subpar for like 5 years now.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              The main difference between 2k14 and 2k15 is the player movements, they look and feel much more realistic. Everything else is basically the same.

2k pretty much has a monopoly on basketball games since Live has been subpar for like 5 years now.
              2K was good when I got into but it got boring real quick. The gameplay is just not quick enough and the CPU makes crazy shots no matter how tight the D. Online is just pure cheese, everyone jacks up threes and makes them. I just don't like it anymore

Comment

That's not true at all. You cant buy all the attributes you want if you pay for VC in mycareer or mypark mode. You actually have to play the career and put hours in to unlock that ability to even add attributes so paying for VC is almost useless if you don't put the time in. This way people cant buy good players. I haven't spent a dime on VC and I have one of the highest overall ratings in the park mode. In fact, I haven't even seen another player with a higher overall rating than me on the park. I swear some of you just say whatever you want and then start believing it.

On top of all that you can't just buy items and abilities as you say. In order to earn badges which give u abilities you have to actually do those things in the game to unlock that ability. If you want "limitless range" you have to shoot and make a bunch of shots way outside the 3 in my career mode. If you want to be good at fade-aways, take a bunch of fade-aways and earn the badge. Also in mypark mode it's the same thing, if you want to level up to Pro, Allstar, and Legend and get all the abilities and items that come with it you have to play a lot and put HOURS in. You can't buy it with VC at all. I literally just turned Legend about a week ago. I have yet to see anyone who is level 99 and there are plenty of people with different skills. This makes the game super competitive. So basically nothing you said is true which is par for the course with you when you oppose something.

You may have had a point with 2k14 but clearly you haven't played 2k15.
                Last edited by Machine; Sun Mar 8, 2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  That's not true at all. You cant buy all the attributes you want if you pay for VC in mycareer or mypark mode. You actually have to play the career and put hours in to unlock that ability to even add attributes so paying for VC is almost useless if you don't put the time in. This way people cant buy good players. I haven't spent a dime on VC and I have one of the highest overall ratings in the park mode. In fact, I haven't even seen another player with a higher overall rating than me on the park. I swear some of you just say whatever you want and then start believing it.

On top of all that you can't just buy items and abilities as you say. In order to earn badges which give u abilities you have to actually do those things in the game to unlock that ability. If you want "limitless range" you have to shoot and make a bunch of shots way outside the 3 in my career mode. If you want to be good at fade-aways, take a bunch of fade-aways and earn the badge. Also in mypark mode it's the same thing, if you want to level up to Pro, Allstar, and Legend and get all the abilities and items that come with it you have to play a lot and put HOURS in. You can't buy it with VC at all. I literally just turned Legend about a week ago. I have yet to see anyone who is level 99 and there are plenty of people with different skills. This makes the game super competitive. So basically nothing you said is true which is par for the course with you when you oppose something.

You may have had a point with 2k14 but clearly you haven't played 2k15.
                  Haven't played 2k15, but this is how it was with 2k14 and 13 as well and I own them both. Either way I've given up on 2K NBA games lol

Comment

Haven't played 2k15, but this is how it was with 2k14 and 13 as well and I own them both. Either way I've given up on 2K NBA games lol
                    Lol yet you rave about Live which is a pathetic excuse for a basketball game and rightfully deserved to have its price cut by 60%.

Sooooo without knowing anything at all you went on a giant rant about the current state of NBA 2K. You kill me dude. It's just like you to talk about something you know nothing about and its too bad that people actually give you the benefit of the doubt when they read your posts that are just bs lies because you prefer another brand. NBA 2K is the benchmark sports franchise as far as quality and bang for your buck. No other sports game offers nearly as much as nba2k. Nhl barely has any modes at all anymore lol. NFL isn't much better. 2k15 fixed 2k14's VC problem so most of the complaints regarding 2k here are completely irrelevant.
                    Last edited by Machine; Sun Mar 8, 2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      Lol yet you rave about Live which is a pathetic excuse for a basketball game and rightfully deserved to have its price cut by 60%.

Sooooo without knowing anything at all you went on a giant rant about the current state of NBA 2K. You kill me dude. It's just like you to talk about something you know nothing about and its too bad that people actually give you the benefit of the doubt when they read your posts that are just bs lies because you prefer another brand. NBA 2K is the benchmark sports franchise as far as quality and bang for your buck. No other sports game offers nearly as much as nba2k. Nhl barely has any modes at all anymore lol. NFL isn't much better. 2k15 fixed 2k14's VC problem so most of the complaints regarding 2k here are completely irrelevant.
                      I'm not raving about live, I don't own either Live or 2K cause they both suck. Look I know you're a huge 2K fanboy, but the game isn't as good as you think it is. Its had zero competition for the past 5 years, all they have done is make it look a little more flashy and added a story to mycareer mode. The gameplay has barely changed in the past few years, they could go on like this forever and people would still buy the game because where else can they turn? That's like if you removed all the FPS games and just had COD which is basically what NBA 2K has become.

This has only ever happened this once maybe, and thats only cause I haven't played 2k15... Everything I have said about any other game is from personal experience. Not that you would know, since all you really pay attention to is NBA 2K. You only seem to come out of hiding when I talk shit about 2K or one of the handful of shitty Xbone exclusives.

Comment

• Guys, why must discussions about video games devolve to arguments? Both these game stink for different reasons, the big difference here is that EA is offering up a product with inferior gameplay while 2K is offering up a superior game hidden behind pay walls. What you're going to see happen is people begginning to move to EA's product even if it doesn't meet 2k in gameplay this coming year. EA's game have been slowly improving year over year and I think this fall we'll finally see something that is a legit competitor and that's all people need to make the switch. I don't know what engine EA is going to use but if its the same as Madden's new engine you're going to see a dramatic improvement to visual realism and contact.

Madden 15 for PS4 is one of the best Maddens I've ever played. It's hard as hell to throw it deep without being picked and QB sneak is now in check. There are no major imbalances in this one. Gameplay is tight, visuals are outstanding and player contact is the best I've ever seen in a sports video game. If any of this makes it to their hoops franchise we're in for a good game.

Comment

Guys, why must discussions about video games devolve to arguments? Both these game stink for different reasons, the big difference here is that EA is offering up a product with inferior gameplay while 2K is offering up a superior game hidden behind pay walls. What you're going to see happen is people begginning to move to EA's product even if it doesn't meet 2k in gameplay this coming year. EA's game have been slowly improving year over year and I think this fall we'll finally see something that is a legit competitor and that's all people need to make the switch. I don't know what engine EA is going to use but if its the same as Madden's new engine you're going to see a dramatic improvement to visual realism and contact.

Madden 15 for PS4 is one of the best Maddens I've ever played. It's hard as hell to throw it deep without being picked and QB sneak is now in check. There are no major imbalances in this one. Gameplay is tight, visuals are outstanding and player contact is the best I've ever seen in a sports video game. If any of this makes it to their hoops franchise we're in for a good game.
                          There is no pay wall as I stated in a previous post. I disagree about Madden. It may be the best Madden in A while but that's not saying much as far as football games go. There is still yet to be a really good football simulation imo.

Comment

• Have you played '15? What is it that you don't like? I'd like to see you try to blow the top off my defense with Alex Smith or rush for 100 yards on me with any Browns RB and I'm nothing special; what is this non-sim missing?

2K does have a pay wall unless you want to spend days grinding as though it were an Dragon Quest RPG. They've set it up so that you cannot enjoy the game modes or be successful without VC. VC has been increasingly time consuming earn. Its clearly a strategy to get people to spend more money. You know, suck the fun out unless you're willing to spend more. Pay wall. Fun is behind the wall.

Comment

Have you played '15? What is it that you don't like? I'd like to see you try to blow the top off my defense with Alex Smith or rush for 100 yards on me with any Browns RB and I'm nothing special; what is this non-sim missing?

2K does have a pay wall unless you want to spend days grinding as though it were an Dragon Quest RPG. They've set it up so that you cannot enjoy the game modes or be successful without VC. VC has been increasingly time consuming earn. Its clearly a strategy to get people to spend more money. You know, suck the fun out unless you're willing to spend more. Pay wall. Fun is behind the wall.
                              Its a fun game, I just don't find it to be realistic enough yet. And as far as 2K goes. You must have not read my post and u must be referring to 2014 because what u say is not the case at all and you be wasting money on vc when u cant even spend it to add attributes with out putting time in making your guy better in the first place. As I said I haven't spent a dime on VC and I haven't seen anyone in the park with an overall rating higher than mine.

Comment

• So if you go into franchise mode you're telling me that basic abilities found in other sports games are not hiding behind VC pay walls?

What is unrealistic about Madden at this point in the franchise?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X