No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting off playing through skyrim again until i get some money and can build myself a sweet computer. i got it for ps3 and can't tell you how annoyed i am about the dlc business.

plus the game looks incredible on computer.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• but yeah, the whole dark brotherhood quest is amazing. so much fun and you get some wild loot.

civil war is a lot of fun too.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        putting off playing through skyrim again until i get some money and can build myself a sweet computer. i got it for ps3 and can't tell you how annoyed i am about the dlc business.

plus the game looks incredible on computer.
        Will snap a couple screenshots from my Rig when I get home tonight .. once you've got some of these mods installed, there really is nothing this game can't do. I've got well over 50+ NEW Swords, Bows, Daggers, Armors etc. Not to mention the massive Graphic Overhauls and Texture Remaps that have been done ... its endless.

Not to mention you can download new Custon Homes in AMAZING locations, and I've got a Wall/Gates/Fort around my Lakeview Manor from Hearthfire. Its unreal. I don't even know what it looks like on PS3, but I'm not sure I want to know .. haha

Comment

• Could you share these expansion packs with us?
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Could you share these expansion packs with us?
            Two ways of Installing the mods for Skyrim.

If you download Skyrim through Steam, then there is the New "Steam Workshop". Within the Workshop, Steam has allowed Users to upload over 12,000 different mods. All you have to do to install them? Click the Mod you want, then click 'Subscribe'. Next time you load up the game, it will download the Mod and install it. If there's an update to the mod, it will look for these as well upon Load up.

If you don't buy it through Steam, Download something called the Nexus Mod Manager. When you install it, it will detect you have Skyrim, and line itself up with the game installs. From there, use 'Nexus Mods' webpage (skyrim.nexusmods.com) and download and install as you wish. The program is super to follow, and they've made it extremely simply to install/uninstall any mods you want to try.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Once again, thank you ; ) Tried it out yesterday, love it. I don't usually spend much time playing games, but this one got me really involved. Shall buy it for sure.
              Last edited by RandomGuy; Wed Jan 2, 2013, 08:23 PM.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• These are some shots of it running on my homemade computer, which consists of an Intel Q9550 CPU, Nvidia 1GB GTS 250 videocard & 4 gigs RAM; so nothing completely outlandish. But a solid set up that handles just about anything I ever play at full blast.

2013-01-02_00004.jpg2013-01-02_00005.jpg2013-01-02_00011.jpg

Comment

• I have a Intel i5 CPU 2.8GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5570 graphics card, and 8 gigs of RAM. I'm thinking of getting Skyrim, should i or should i not? and do you think my desktop will be able to run it at full blast

Comment

• For Xbox/PS3 people, I suggest buying both Assassins Creed 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

Both have pretty wild story development, and if you're into fighting, action, and character development, these 2 are good. Although, I would wait before both get cheaper, hard to have fun when you're already done the game.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I have a Intel i5 CPU 2.8GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5570 graphics card, and 8 gigs of RAM. I'm thinking of getting Skyrim, should i or should i not? and do you think my desktop will be able to run it at full blast
                      Should handle it just fine. And I think Steam has a sale on right now, that includes Skyrim; if so, I'd definitely recommend you check it out.

Comment

• I've also put a lot of time into Skyrim myself, and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

But does anyone else dislike the Elder Scrolls lore/universe as much as i do? i dont know... theres just something about it that seems very gritty and ugly. The art style is a big part of this

How great would it be if some more well known franchises decided to make a game and world as immersive as Skyrim?

Comment

• Sig wrote:
                          How great would it be if some more well known franchises decided to make a game and world as immersive as Skyrim?
                          Apparently "The Lord of the Rings Online" is actually quite good, and very true to the Middle Earth Lore.
                          The World Map (not sure if its ALL of middle-earth) is one of the biggest ever created for a game, from what I can remember. I'd be curious to get into that, but the graphics and overall look of the game are seriously lacking.

This is my first venture into the Elder Scrolls Universe, so I'm not completely up to speed on the Lore of Morrowwind and Oblivion, but I actually very much appreciate, and was very surprised by the 'darker' tone set in this game compared to others. If they ever wanted to do a movie about Skyrim, I'm not sure they could, as the game is just SO epic and immersive.

Comment

• one thing that sorta bothered me in skyrim... well, not really "bothered"... i found it hilarious... but i couldn't really take certain things seriously..

the accents...

70% of the characters sounds like arnold schwarzenegger

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              one thing that sorta bothered me in skyrim... well, not really "bothered"... i found it hilarious... but i couldn't really take certain things seriously..

the accents...

70% of the characters sounds like arnold schwarzenegger
                              Hahaha Ya, that always catches me off guard. Or when the 'women' are questionably 'male' looking .. haha

Comment

• This looks interesting:

Remember the Jurassic Park games for SNES and Genesis?? SO Good.. This looks better. Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X