No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battle system in Witcher 1 boils down to clicking on the enimy and then timing subsequent clicks to string together chain attacks. There is a lot more at play than that but that's the simplest explanation.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The battle system in Witcher 1 boils down to clicking on the enimy and then timing subsequent clicks to string together chain attacks. There is a lot more at play than that but that's the simplest explanation.

Sounds similar. You can lock on your enemy if you choose to and then time your attacks appropriately. You can also dodge, parry and roll. There are fast attacks and strong attacks. You can also use signs, bombs and alchemy.

Comment

• Ok, same thing then.

Comment

Ok, same thing then.

Works great on console. I actually feel like it would be more difficult on PC but then again I've never gotten used to playing games with a keyboard and mouse.

Comment

• On PC you can use either or. It could be like playing it on Xbone, only with more impressive graphics. I'll eventually play Witcher 3 I've decided but I'm going to work my way through from the first. The first is a whole lot of fun and extremely cheap during a sale. I bought both Witcher 1 & 2 not too long ago for less than $10 total.

In other news I noticed "7 Days To Die" is half price at the Humble Store (steam code) and so I bought it for $12. It's early access. Think Minecraft meets zombie apocalypse. Only buildings can collapse if you don't make them while keeping in mind structural integrity.

I have to say. I am enjoying PC gaming more than consoles. I own a PS4 and it hasn't been getting much use.

Comment

• I fell back into Diablo 3 ultimate evil for xbone. The 8 hours a day I work go by so much more slowly then the 8 hours of Diablo. But you're all welcome for me keeping you safe from the demons.

Been playing so much the flashbang of grabbing double damage globes resonates in my brain when I close my eyes and I hear fetishes when I sleep

Comment

• They're announcing Fallout 4 tomorrow!! Its finally here! Lol

Comment

• Yeah, they'll announce that you have to wait another year for it probably. LOL

Comment

Yeah, they'll announce that you have to wait another year for it probably. LOL
                    Oh guaranteed, but at least now we know it's coming! There's been so much speculation lately thats its been hard to figure out whats real and what isn't. At least now we know its real.

Comment

• Oh frig ... well there goes another 200+ hours ... regardless of whats going on in my life when it comes out ... Haha
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Jun 3, 2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• So where is it taking place? That trailer never really showed us much. It looked like Fallout 3 with next gen graphics...

Comment

So where is it taking place? That trailer never really showed us much. It looked like Fallout 3 with next gen graphics...
                          All leads point to Post-Apocalyptic Boston.

And ya, i think they were really trying to make this a sequel to Fallout 3, as opposed to New Vegas. Rumours are around that they will also make a sequel to New Vegas.

Comment

• Lego Jurassic Park out next week.

Bomb-digity.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              All leads point to Post-Apocalyptic Boston.

And ya, i think they were really trying to make this a sequel to Fallout 3, as opposed to New Vegas. Rumours are around that they will also make a sequel to New Vegas.
                              I have to say, the trailer didn't really hype the game for me. Even a little shred of story or narrative in the trailer and maybe a gun battle would have done wonders. I was actually hoping that the next in the series would take place in NYC or head on back to California. It definitely takes place on a coast and the factions appear to have more working tech.

Comment

• If this is what Bethesda plans to bring to PC and current generation console gamers, then the team is in for a massive surprise.

Yes, it is very clear that Fallout 4 is an open world game, but you know what? So is The Witcher: Wild Hunt. Some might say it is not fair to compare the two games, but why not? Both The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 are open world titles, and as such, we cannot just claim them to be so different to not warrant comparison.

The Witcher 3 has a vast and active open world, yet the developers managed to deliver great-looking graphics across all available platforms. This did not hamper gameplay; nor did it make for a less enjoyable experience.

Fallout 4's bad graphics should come as a surprise to no one at this point since Bethesda's open world titles in the past had proven to be quite ugly when it came down to character models. You see, the world itself looks great, but the characters never managed to get us saying, "WOW."

To think, with the current generation of consoles, the fact that Bethesda is unable to bring a quality-looking game to market is a cause for concern. Just look at The Witcher 3, and yes, we can't praise this excellent game enough.

The game is still in development and probably won't be ready until 2016, but let's face it, nothing much might ever change in the graphics department. You see, usually when a company releases a trailer of a game, it is to get fans excited, not to have them questioning the possibility of purchasing the game when it comes out.
                                http://www.techtimes.com/articles/57...-witcher-3.htm

When I watched the trailer I immediately thought "Fallout 3 with next gen textures"... Second time I watched it I sort of felt like it was a Fallout 3 HD mod, only not as nice looking at say the Skyrim HD mod. I think they need to work more on the graphics as there are no excuses on the next gen now with the extra power. Especially for PC. It's like they're using the same dated engine; recycling last gen and slapping a new coat of paint on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X