The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Saw that on steam. Not really my type of game.
    Speaking of Steam free-to-play games though, PlanetSide 2 is getting some great reviews.

Playing through Resident Evil 6 right now ... F*ck I love these games.
    Tried out Planetside, well wasn't impressed, spent there only 5 hours or so. Graphics are ok, but servers are quite slow, people were unsatisfied with updates, which were not improving but ruining the game. It was winter though, maybe they went to the right direction and gaming experience is improved up there.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Ya played that with my buddy. Very cool game. Its like a movie.
      Unfortunately the single player campaign only lasts about 20 hours.
      Which, for a game, is not that long at all.

And that would all be well and fine if the difficulties added anything to the game, or the multiplayer was good..
      But the multiplayer leaves ALOT to be desired, and the higher difficulties only give you less ammo throughout.
      Game seems pretty long to me. Haven't beat it yet

Comment

• Hotline Miami is the best game I've played this year.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Hotline Miami is the best game I've played this year.
          yeah its awesome. the soundtrack is amazing too.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Without the soundtrack it honestly would not have been as enjoyable; those beats are great. Someone needs to put some lyrics to some of those.

I finished the game. I'm not sure what's next, I'm probably going to buy Killzone when it drops for Vita. I've saw videos, it's going to be sick.

It's too bad that EA took a pass this year on Vita when it comes to Madden. After the first patch came out last year Madden was really good on Vita. I still play '13 on my Vita. I'm in my 6th season in franchise.

Looks like not too many sports games are coming this year for the system. Sony really needs to get developers on board if they want to move units. There are a lot of good games already but with each console comes certain expectations and in some genres they're not meeting expectations.

Comment

• Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Anyone still play? i started playing again yesterday, i forgot how damn fun it was. Hit me up with your PSN id's and we'll assemble a team :P

Comment

• I've had this shit pre-ordered since February, I can't wait.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Lucky you, don't have console :/ They aren't talking about PC version but usually those come out after few months of console releases.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• They've taken that game to a whole new fuckin level! you can golf and buy stocks and hunt and shit! Customizing cars?! Whatever social life I have will be surely destroyed for good once this game is released. That's a fact.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Does anybody know of any retro-style game stores I can find in Toronto? I'm looking to buy some old games and sell some of mine I have laying around as well.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                        Does anybody know of any retro-style game stores I can find in Toronto? I'm looking to buy some old games and sell some of mine I have laying around as well.
                        Retro-style? I know (knew, I've been away for 2 years) that there are at least a couple downtown.

At Yonge and Charles, in teh Charles St. promenade there's a Game Centre. They buy and sell used games and movies.

On Spadina, just little south of Bloor, there's a place called A & C games, or something like that.

Those are the only ones I know downtown. There's another Game Centre on the Danforth near Pape, but it's usually worse than the other 2 options.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Retro-style? I know (knew, I've been away for 2 years) that there are at least a couple downtown.

At Yonge and Charles, in teh Charles St. promenade there's a Game Centre. They buy and sell used games and movies.

On Spadina, just little south of Bloor, there's a place called A & C games, or something like that.

Those are the only ones I know downtown. There's another Game Centre on the Danforth near Pape, but it's usually worse than the other 2 options.
                          Thanks, I looked up A & C and I believe they have what I want

Comment

Pulled out the ol' NBA 2k13 the other day ... Been getting the itch lately. Lol
                            So I found the latest Draft Class online, as well as the 2014 Draft Class ...

-Simmed the entire first season with normal team roster.
                            -Did the 2013 draft (post draft I traded guys to their actual teams). Anthony Bennett went #1 too!
                            -Made the few big moves that have been made so far this off season.
                            -Traded our main guys for picks and pieces, tanked the 'second' season.
                            -Got the #1 pick, selected Andrew Wiggins.
                            -Signed Demarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe with free cap space.
                            -Starting Lineup of Bledsoe, TRoss, Wiggins, Demarcus Cousins and Jonas Valanciunas.
                            -with Amir, Kabongo and JJ Redick coming of the bench.

Ya this team will keep me busy at least until 2k14 comes out. Hah
                            Ok, recap to this.

Traded for Gasol mid-season as my "veteran championship presense" and it proved to be a solid move.
                            Ended up Simulating the final half of the season and playoffs, and Finally ended with the Raptors winning the Championship with a lineup of Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Pau Gasol and Jonas Valanciunas, (and a solid bench); With Wiggins winning Finals MVP as a Rookie.

Then, into the off-season, having played my cards right, I had $30M to spend on free agents, with RFA Kyrie Irving being my Main Target. Offered him a Max Deal, which in 2k13 2015-16, is a starting salary of $19.31M; Cleveland didn't match.
                            I`ve promoted Noel to starting line-up (with Gasol now gone), and have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving (93), Klay Thompson (84), Andrew Wiggins (92), Nerlens Noel (84) and Jonas Valanciunas (90); with Terrence Ross, Myck Kabongo, Austin Daye, Enes Kanter and an older David West coming off the bench. I think back-to-back championships are in Toronto's near future.
                            Last edited by Joey; Sun Aug 11, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Ok, recap to this.

Traded for Gasol mid-season as my "veteran championship presense" and it proved to be a solid move.
                              Ended up Simulating the final half of the season and playoffs, and Finally ended with the Raptors winning the Championship with a lineup of Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins, Pau Gasol and Jonas Valanciunas, (and a solid bench); With Wiggins winning Finals MVP as a Rookie.

Then, into the off-season, having played my cards right, I had $30M to spend on free agents, with RFA Kyrie Irving being my Main Target. Offered him a Max Deal, which in 2k13 2015-16, is a starting salary of $19.31M; Cleveland didn't match.
                              I`ve promoted Noel to starting line-up (with Gasol now gone), and have a starting lineup of Kyrie Irving (93), Klay Thompson (84), Andrew Wiggins (92), Nerlens Noel (84) and Jonas Valanciunas (90); with Terrence Ross, Myck Kabongo, Austin Daye, Enes Kanter and an older David West coming off the bench. I think back-to-back championships are in Toronto's near future.
                              Haha that's insane. Wiggins winning finals mvp in his rookie season, that's a bit much no? lol

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Haha that's insane. Wiggins winning finals mvp in his rookie season, that's a bit much no? lol
                                Magic Johnson won Finals MVP as a rookie.
                                Tim Duncan was Finals MVP as a sophomore. Its not unheard of.

Comment

Working...
                                X