The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
    The Romances were pretty weak sauce and did not payoff like Mass Effect 2 & 3...Jeez even DA:O had the dialogue to back it up. Josephine not my type, I like her intelligence, but just not "tough" enough at the right places.

At least Cassandra's nipples where a decent payoff.
    We sound like the biggest nerds ever lmao...Liliana tho

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      We sound like the biggest nerds ever lmao...Liliana tho
      was my favourite until the ball. didn't like the look with the shorter hair after the sexy armor she was wearing before.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        was my favourite until the ball. didn't like the look with the shorter hair after the sexy armor she was wearing before.
        i know what you mean haha. But the accent is pretty sexy ;p

Comment

• Think I'm getting a new desktop and instead of making it a boring practical desktop I'm going to pad the budget a little and get something with balls. That means I'll be doing some good PC gaming on it. Suggestions?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Think I'm getting a new desktop and instead of making it a boring practical desktop I'm going to pad the budget a little and get something with balls. That means I'll be doing some good PC gaming on it. Suggestions?
            Get a girlfriernd

Comment

• Hmmm you know what, my wife and 3 year old might not appreciate that. I'm thinking they'd rather me spend a few hours late night playing around on a PC.

PC's are also cheaper than girlfriends. I'm gonna just order the thing and be done with it.

Comment

Hmmm you know what, my wife and 3 year old might not appreciate that. I'm thinking they'd rather me spend a few hours late night playing around on a PC.

PC's are also cheaper than girlfriends. I'm gonna just order the thing and be done with it.
                Just joking what is your budget and which games will you want to play? Really get a reasonable PC to play the game you want at the framerate you like then jump on the upgrade treadmill as games get released. Broadwell and Skylake are coming out soon which might impact your choices

Comment

• Just build your own Apollo. Very simple, and much cheaper, and much easier to upgrade piece by piece when need be.

All you need:
                  -Power Supply (750w will do - might even get away with less)
                  -Case (Medium Tower)
                  -Motherboard
                  -CPU
                  -GPU
                  -RAM
                  -Harddrive

Tiger Direct will often times have bundles that will include good MBs, CPUs and RAM or something.
                  Happy to offer more advice should you choose this route.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Been thinking about it and I really don't want to build this one but I appreciate the merits of building your own. Happy medium= customize your own build at ncix and pay them $50 to put it together. I think $50 is worth it because if something goes wrong I might be there a day trouble shooting.

I put in my order last night. They still have some boxing day sales ongoing... I didn't go the cheap route, ugh... I feel dirty but really, really good at the same time. Ha, ha.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. Been thinking about it and I really don't want to build this one but I appreciate the merits of building your own. Happy medium= customize your own build at ncix and pay them $50 to put it together. I think $50 is worth it because if something goes wrong I might be there a day trouble shooting.

I put in my order last night. They still have some boxing day sales ongoing... I didn't go the cheap route, ugh... I feel dirty but really, really good at the same time. Ha, ha.

If you didn't, get a decent SSD the speed and noise makes as big a difference as the video card.

Comment

• So here's my build(been looking at this for a couple weeks and I think I am getting a PC that should last 3-4 years without upgrade) :

Intel Core i5 4690K Unlocked Quad Core 3.5GHZ/3.9GHZ Processor LGA1150 Haswell 6MB Cache
                        Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60
                        ASUS Z97-E ATX LGA1150 DDR3 2PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0 DVI HDMI Motherboard
                        Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB*DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit for NCIX PC
                        EVGA GeForce GTX970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB
                        Corsair CX Series CX600M 600W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply for NCIX PC
                        Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD SATA3 Sandforce SF2281 2.5IN 7MM Solid Stat Disk Drive Bulk
                        Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive - OEM
                        ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer Black
                        Onboard Sound Card
                        Onboard Network Ethernet Card

I also get a few games for free: the new farcry, Rome Total War 2 and some World of tanks stuff.

The SSD was something I warmed on when I saw I could get a small 120gb version for $60. I'm gonna put Windows 8 on there and boot time and general windows use is going to be much improved. I'm actually pretty excited about the SSD.

I sold off my X360, and I think I'm selling my PS3. I'm going to play PS4 for console exclusives and shift most of my gaming to PC. Steam deals allow a gamer to save big money long term and I'm buying into that now finally.

Comment

So here's my build(been looking at this for a couple weeks and I think I am getting a PC that should last 3-4 years without upgrade) :

Intel Core i5 4690K Unlocked Quad Core 3.5GHZ/3.9GHZ Processor LGA1150 Haswell 6MB Cache
                          Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H60
                          ASUS Z97-E ATX LGA1150 DDR3 2PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0 DVI HDMI Motherboard
                          Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB*DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit for NCIX PC
                          EVGA GeForce GTX970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB
                          Corsair CX Series CX600M 600W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply for NCIX PC
                          Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD SATA3 Sandforce SF2281 2.5IN 7MM Solid Stat Disk Drive Bulk
                          Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive - OEM
                          ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer Black
                          Onboard Sound Card
                          Onboard Network Ethernet Card

I also get a few games for free: the new farcry, Rome Total War 2 and some World of tanks stuff.

Pull the HDD and the DVD and use externals if you can. The noise is killer use the money to get 1-2 240GB SSD because of the bloat 120GB fills fast but the next 120GB not so much a second drive now or later. Get Steam and missing a DVD drive doesn't matter.

Comment

• Too late, my order is in but thanks. I can always pull the dvd tray myself later if I find the noise bad but honestly, I've had a PC for as long as I can remember. I started on an IBM 386 and so noise may not bother me like it does others.

Being borderline old school now also means I have a great appreciation for HDD capacity and so when pondering the idea of not having at least at TB in house(I have a portable 2TB as well by the way), I started getting uncomfortable. I'd rather have the capacity and later down the line swap it for a big SSD once they've dropped off in price. I'm thinking two years. The DVD drive was 16 bucks and I think the HDD was like 60 or 70 and so I am not going to take a big hit to change my mind later on this year or beyond.

NCIX has a pretty good deal on benq monitors right now; marked down $50. $149.99 for a 24''. Free shipping. Costco, Walmart, etc can't beat that. I guess I could price match but honestly there is no point.

Comment

Too late, my order is in but thanks. I can always pull the dvd tray myself later if I find the noise bad but honestly, I've had a PC for as long as I can remember. I started on an IBM 386 and so noise may not bother me like it does others.

Being borderline old school now also means I have a great appreciation for HDD capacity and so when pondering the idea of not having at least at TB in house(I have a portable 2TB as well by the way), I started getting uncomfortable. I'd rather have the capacity and later down the line swap it for a big SSD once they've dropped off in price. I'm thinking two years. The DVD drive was 16 bucks and I think the HDD was like 60 or 70 and so I am not going to take a big hit to change my mind later on this year or beyond.

NCIX has a pretty good deal on benq monitors right now; marked down $50. $149.99 for a 24''. Free shipping. Costco, Walmart, etc can't beat that. I guess I could price match but honestly there is no point.

If you can change the SSD capacity you should. 120 fills up to the point its useless really quick since you I'll be swapping files off your main partition. 120gb more to 240 costs 50-60 bucks and saves the hassle of swapping your main drive later. Moving large files off an SSD isnt fun.

Comment

• My vision for now is to use the SSD as a Windows boot drive and load one or two key games on there I plan to play a lot. I can live with the performance drop to the HDD for the rest. I've been a laptop guy now for the past seven years and so this for me is like upgrading from a Mazda Miata to a 3500 Dodge Ram Laramie.

I'm thinking of running my PS4 to one of my monitors and to have all my gaming at a desk from now on. I'm thinking about getting an HDMI switch to accomplish a clean switch between the devices. You have any other idea to accomplish this?

Comment

Working...
                                X