No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which means you spend even more time out in the field chipping at rocks and killing innocent animals(well, except for wolves, bears and dragonling... Screw those guys. )

Skyhold has a lot of customizing available and I love that. I also was happily surprised that I get to judge my defeated enimies and sentence them. I accidentally put the guy who was throwing goats at my castle in the torture chamber. I honesly didn't understand that's what the option entailed ha, ha.. Ugh.

Comment

• For those that played Skyrim ... is it better than Skyrim?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        For those that played Skyrim ... is it better than Skyrim?
        IMHO Skyrim was better but Dragon Age isn't nearly as buggy.

Comment

nothing is better than skyrim
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No, it's not better than Skyrim but keep in mind these games are very different in some ways. You can see the strong Elder's Scrolls influence but it plays more like Diablo combat-wise.You can do a lot more than in Diablo though.

There is a focus on story, dialog and lore of the land.

Without giving much away, you earn yourself a castle fairly early on and things get really good then.

You can make a wide variety of armors and you have to go find the materials(different materials cause the armors to have different colors variations and attributes).

I find that on normal difficulty setting this game is more challenging than Skyrim and Diablo at normal setting.

If you explore you discover all sorts of find side adventures and get rewarded greatly(cool armors you can't make or purchase at the point you're at in the game), just like Skyrim.

The story is interesting entertaining and you learn to feel something for the characters, just like Skyrim.

In my opinion if you're into American RPG's and you have a next gen console then this one is a must own. Beware that it starts off really slow but then gets really good. There is so much to do that it's almost overwhelming, just like Skyrim.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              No, it's not better than Skyrim but keep in mind these games are very different in some ways. You can see the strong Elder's Scrolls influence but it plays more like Diablo combat-wise.You can do a lot more than in Diablo though.

There is a focus on story, dialog and lore of the land.

Without giving much away, you earn yourself a castle fairly early on and things get really good then.

You can make a wide variety of armors and you have to go find the materials(different materials cause the armors to have different colors variations and attributes).

I find that on normal difficulty setting this game is more challenging than Skyrim and Diablo at normal setting.

If you explore you discover all sorts of find side adventures and get rewarded greatly(cool armors you can't make or purchase at the point you're at in the game), just like Skyrim.

The story is interesting entertaining and you learn to feel something for the characters, just like Skyrim.

In my opinion if you're into American RPG's and you have a next gen console then this one is a must own. Beware that it starts off really slow but then gets really good. There is so much to do that it's almost overwhelming, just like Skyrim.
              If you have a PS4 or XBox1 its a must own because there is nothing else. Might as well buy this should be the marketing slogan. Less disappointing then Destiny

Comment

• Part of what I was getting at was the limited options, yeah but if I only had PS3 I would want this game and I would be enjoying this game.

The game hasn't disappointed me at all. I am enjoying this one as much as Diablo 3 and Skyrim so far. If you like the Mass Effect style of story telling, if you enjoyed the environments of Skyrim and if you enjoy the combat of Diablo then you'll enjoy this game.

If your expectation is the greatest RPG of all-time then you will be disappointed. If your expectation is another Bioware classic that they can proudly hold up next to former champs (Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire and Baldur's Gate) then you won't be disappointed. The game is a massive achievement and will be in the running for game of the year.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Which means you spend even more time out in the field chipping at rocks and killing innocent animals(well, except for wolves, bears and dragonling... Screw those guys. )

Skyhold has a lot of customizing available and I love that. I also was happily surprised that I get to judge my defeated enimies and sentence them. I accidentally put the guy who was throwing goats at my castle in the torture chamber. I honesly didn't understand that's what the option entailed ha, ha.. Ugh.
                  Have you taken on the Dragon in the hinterlands yet? I went back and took that fucker on and holy shit. I died 3 times, so i spent an hour crafting fire resistant armor for my party and a ice staff for Solas. Then i went and found herbs to upgrade my potions and craft fire resistant tonic. Finally i went back again and took the bastard on and just barely won with a potion to spare, it was intense but you get some crazy good loot for slaying it.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Have you taken on the Dragon in the hinterlands yet? I went back and took that fucker on and holy shit. I died 3 times, so i spent an hour crafting fire resistant armor for my party and a ice staff for Solas. Then i went and found herbs to upgrade my potions and craft fire resistant tonic. Finally i went back again and took the bastard on and just barely won with a potion to spare, it was intense but you get some crazy good loot for slaying it.
                    There are 4 things you got to know about for fighting the dragons.

1) What Element does it fire out? It can be Lightning, Frost, or fire. eg. If it fires fire, do not let your mages use fire on it, and it will negate a ton of damage. Use wands that are different elements and use the opposite element spells against it. Then so on for the elements.

2) HANDS down! GET A BATTLEMAGE and control it during a dragon fight. Vivienne, the saucy Nubian princess has the skills needed to fight a dragon. Dorian won't do shit, and Solas can only do so much. DO NOT FIGHT A DRAGON until you acquire the BATTLEMAGE specialty skill that looks like a spectral blade. It cuts through the extra amour like cheese on Pride Demons and dragons. Also there is a frost skill that lets you streak teleport like a super-ghost. YOU NEED IT TO EVADE DRAGON MELEE ATTACKS. Battlemages also have the ability to MASS RESSURECT EVERYONE in battle, that is the big one to top them ALL!

3) Your mages need to also have the Barriers at their highest skillset, and 24/7 casted on them to be immune to the dragon wing flapping trololol BS it uses against you.

4) Champions are the tanks needed to bait the dragon away from your mages. USE BLACK WALL as the main tank. Iron Bull will die in seconds because he has no armour at all. Archers won't do, and Dual daggers will get killed in an instant. High armors are he only melee troops to rely on as your tanks against DRAGONS.

***EXTRA. the crafting shop has a amulet to reset your skill tree if you think you fucked up on something, only 400 Gold, not too expensive so purchase it if you believed you fucked up on a skill tree set for any character and yourself.
                    Last edited by tonious35; Fri Dec 26, 2014, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I'm only level 12. I got my ass handed to me. I went in with Iron Bull, Black Wall, Vivienne and myself(warrior). You have to plan for these dragon Battles, you can't wing them. I took him down to half HP before I was out of potions and my party was dead. I tried to high tail it out but I got smoked by its fire balls when I fled. I mean there is nowhere to run anyway. You're in an open field with the ocean to your back one way, a horde of dragonlings the other and you can't call your mount.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• cassandra, me, dorian and cole. fought that dragon at 12. cassandra built like a tank can stand against that thing. feeding her and me (built as an off tank) the heal over time poitions, controlling dorian so he doesn't eat up potions and monitoring coles' life for a quick "cole heal" and the dragon is eazy breezy lemon squeezy.

reading tonious's post i realized i did fight the dragon with a fire wand and switching wands is genius.

i can't beat the lightning dragon right now at 15. same party, her balls of electricity that stay on the ground are killers

Comment

• Just picked up Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor for $60 total on Steam. Combined they'd normally be like $130. Gotta love the Steam Holiday Sale!

DragonAge Inquisition can be had for $40 (33% off) on the Origin Website ... Might consider this.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            cassandra, me, dorian and cole. fought that dragon at 12. cassandra built like a tank can stand against that thing. feeding her and me (built as an off tank) the heal over time poitions, controlling dorian so he doesn't eat up potions and monitoring coles' life for a quick "cole heal" and the dragon is eazy breezy lemon squeezy.

reading tonious's post i realized i did fight the dragon with a fire wand and switching wands is genius.

i can't beat the lightning dragon right now at 15. same party, her balls of electricity that stay on the ground are killers
                            replying to my own post here. switched up my own character to a two handed warrior, dropped cole for varric and bought that dragon slaying two hander in skyhold. smashed the shit out of the electricity and ice dragons.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              replying to my own post here. switched up my own character to a two handed warrior, dropped cole for varric and bought that dragon slaying two hander in skyhold. smashed the shit out of the electricity and ice dragons.
                              Replaying as mage. Helps when closings rifts. Apparently playing mage is preferable b/c it opens up a melee-mage class later.

*****Spoiler***** was given above 😂

Comment

• When the Fuck! Is PSN gonna be back?

It's been 3 days!!!
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X