No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the first few and liked them but my tastes have changed. I now prefer run and gun a lot more. Black Ops #1 is to blame I think.

Comment

NBA 2k13 Lakers vs Heat 10 minutes of gameplay
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post

I squealed like a girl when I saw this....

New Metal Gear Solid game footage

Also there's an MGS movie coming out
        I pissed my pants when i saw this, I love Metal Gear Solid. Solid Snake is badass, but too bad he's not in this game you use big boss. I was a little confused cause the technology seemed too advanced in the game for Big Boss to be the protagonist. Apparently this is a direct sequel to Peace walker and Naked Snake aka Big Boss appears older than he actually is, he looks well over 40 but Kojima say's that its cause of the "rim lighting" here's the link http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1575660..._boss_age.html

I just started playing MGS Twin snakes on my modded wii yesterday and i plan on getting the HD collection for ps3 as well. I need to get caught up again lol
        Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Sep 7, 2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          You NEED to play the third one... IMO best of the series
          Dude MGS4 was amazing. The graphics were insane for its release date and the story was great

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            so pumped for a new MGS. that trailer looks gorgeous.
            Hellz yea. But we could be waiting a while but its sure as hell worth it, Hideo Kojima is a genius. I hate that those grubby 360 owners will get this game as well, haha they'll probably need like 10 discs to play it. MGS is suppose to be PS exclusive

Comment

They need to add this to MGS again

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                lol... me too.

i just picked up mass effect 2, and FFXIII for $10 each. im all about playing the older cheaper games i never got around to, until the new systems come out
                Cheapo bros. 4 life!?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I liked the first few and liked them but my tastes have changed. I now prefer run and gun a lot more. Black Ops #1 is to blame I think.
                  Wait..i'm confused (and possibly half a reatard). You prefer run n' gun to the more complex shooting games?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    Wait..i'm confused (and possibly half a reatard). You prefer run n' gun to the more complex shooting games?
                    I may be wrong, but it could be a matter of patience/time. Run and gun multiplayer is played at a faster pace and takes less time... it can be fun (look at TF2 for example)

When I was younger I used to play games guns blazing (and I still do when I play friends) but I'm more of a story-driven guy.
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• same here but now i prefer to play games with a good story and characters. Games like the Uncharted series, Splinter cell, Metal gear solid, Assassins creed, etc... Run and Gun games are good but only with friends or family, playing alone or online gets boring easy its way too repetitive.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        same here but now i prefer to play games with a good story and characters. Games like the Uncharted series, Splinter cell, Metal gear solid, Assassins creed, etc... Run and Gun games are good but only with friends or family, playing alone or online gets boring easy its way too repetitive.
                        Samesies. Although, if you can get one of those team capture the flag style online games going. They are highly addictove and fun.

I need a story though. A game like"Heavy Rain". Where it's like an interactive movie and your choices dictate the game, is the perfect type.

Although, I love guerilla warfare...with a story.

Has anybody ever played BioShock?

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                          I may be wrong, but it could be a matter of patience/time. Run and gun multiplayer is played at a faster pace and takes less time... it can be fun (look at TF2 for example)

When I was younger I used to play games guns blazing (and I still do when I play friends) but I'm more of a story-driven guy.
                          It can also be highly complex. Real human competition is vastly superior to AI. Call of Duty gets a lot of hate but at the end of the day it sells high volumes and it's because it's multiplayer is the best around and it takes a lot of skill and brains to do well. I'm a little out of practice due to a bunch of things but I think I'll be dusting off the old 360 soon.

Also, don't get me wrong, I also love my tactical shooters like Rainbow 6 but I no longer enjoy MGS. I find it boring compared to a lot of the other combat offers out there.

What I don't need is a story. I don't have time to get into it.

Comment

• did you just call MGS boring? you're crazy bro. MGS is like the best game ever nothing can compare to Metal gear solid, it changed the way games are being made. Did you see that trailer? that shit even blows Uncharted 3 out of the water. Who doesn't like sneaking around knocking dudes out and try to go unnoticed? Its soo much fun and also very challenging which makes it even more fun, it actually requires thinking cause you have to know how to maneuver around enemies and who you should knock out. Stealth games are the absolute funnest to play, i just wish there were more of them.
                            Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sun Sep 9, 2012, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• just to set things straight you don't need any brains or skill to play COD. Its the simplest most repetitive game out there which is why i don't waste my money on it. Its soo easy to kill dudes on there its like child's play, i was playing black ops and my cousins house the other day and i was destroying dudes(i haven't played COD since the 1st modern warfare 3 -4 years ago).

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                                Has anybody ever played BioShock?
                                First one was Amazing for its time.
                                Never played the second one. The newest one, Bioshock: Infinite, looks pretty Incredible actually as well.

Speaking of Amazing, Fallout: New Vegas is probably the best game I've played in a WHILE. Haven't played in probably about 6 months, and I've yet to see anything come close to it, still. Apparently Skyrim was similar (made by same people) but I don't know .. I think Fallout is one of the better game Series out there. Can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X