The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    How do you do it? Pisses me off. Now Tapatalk updated and it's an even bigger piece of shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have to get to setting in Tapatalk. It means exiting the forums menu and then changing signature. Never bothered on my iPad since I usually use my phone

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      You have to get to setting in Tapatalk. It means exiting the forums menu and then changing signature. Never bothered on my iPad since I usually use my phone
      Lol i figured it out, thank you. God I hate tapatalk
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I just banged Josephine. Man the romance in this game is so cheesy, it gets me rolling sometimes. As for the Dragons, there is one in crestwood and one in the exhalted plains. Both are like electric dragons i think, i'm just leveling up a bit before taking them on. Ones Lvl 15 i think and the other is 16.

Comment

• Killed a couple of mini-dragons but ran from the big one in Hinterland. Back to pulling weeds now and rock gathering.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I just banged Josephine. Man the romance in this game is so cheesy, it gets me rolling sometimes. As for the Dragons, there is one in crestwood and one in the exhalted plains. Both are like electric dragons i think, i'm just leveling up a bit before taking them on. Ones Lvl 15 i think and the other is 16.
            The Romances were pretty weak sauce and did not payoff like Mass Effect 2 & 3...Jeez even DA:O had the dialogue to back it up. Josephine not my type, I like her intelligence, but just not "tough" enough at the right places.

At least Cassandra's nipples where a decent payoff.
            Last edited by tonious35; Thu Jan 1, 2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Killed a couple of mini-dragons but ran from the big one in Hinterland. Back to pulling weeds now and rock gathering.
              When you think you're ready for the dragon in Hinterlands, best bet is to race your horse north as far and as fast as you can past the dragonlings, dodging the dragon's fireballs overhead, until you hit an huge open clearing with the coastline just off in the distance. This is where the battle will take place and until you get there you will merely get continuously nuked by his fireballs and attacked by dragonlings. Just bypass that so you save your guys for the real fight. It wouldn't hurt to fight some dragonlings on the storm coast to farm their skin for armor crafting(good fire resistance). I say storm coast because where they appear there are no dragons doing fly by fireballs at you.

Depending on your level it might be worth storming in there and taking him on now just to get a taste of what the battle is going to be like. Sure, you might get demolished unprepared but that's no big deal.

Comment

• Its hilarious how similar this game sounds too Skyrim.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  When you think you're ready for the dragon in Hinterlands, best bet is to race your horse north as far and as fast as you can past the dragonlings, dodging the dragon's fireballs overhead, until you hit an huge open clearing with the coastline just off in the distance. This is where the battle will take place and until you get there you will merely get continuously nuked by his fireballs and attacked by dragonlings. Just bypass that so you save your guys for the real fight. It wouldn't hurt to fight some dragonlings on the storm coast to farm their skin for armor crafting(good fire resistance). I say storm coast because where they appear there are no dragons doing fly by fireballs at you.

Depending on your level it might be worth storming in there and taking him on now just to get a taste of what the battle is going to be like. Sure, you might get demolished unprepared but that's no big deal.
                  Read online that you can hide behind a basket and whittle it down point by point over hours. That Skyrim-esque

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just finished the Royal Ball quest last night and man was that quest fun and much longer than expected. The investigating, spying, playing politics with the dignitaries, snooping around off limit areas for clues and evidence, sneaking off and battling with assassins and other baddies and then popping back in. It was great. I hope the game continues to surprise me with stuff like this.

Joey wrote: View Post
                    Its hilarious how similar this game sounds too Skyrim.
                    I can see the Skyrim influences on the game but the more I play this one the more it establishes it's own identity in the Bioware universe. Its unique on to it's own due to the many different elements it brings in from many of Bioware's previous games. It really works well and the more I play the more I dig it. I wish they designed a better start to the game because I think that start will turn some people off before they can experience what this game is really all about.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Read online that you can hide behind a basket and whittle it down point by point over hours. That Skyrim-esque

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    I think that's a weak way to go about fighting the dragon and takes away from the experience of taking down the dragon legit. Seriously, when the Hinterland dragon fell at my feet it felt like scoring a big goal in hockey or draining a 30 foot putt on a golf course. If you show up equipped for the battle it will be epic in battle length and scale but I don't think you'll find it insanely difficult. Moving your team around in tactic mode to make sure the ranged attackers are out of the way so your tank can operate and draw the heat really helps a lot. Its tough to keep them all alive though.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Just finished the Royal Ball quest last night and man was that quest fun and much longer than expected. The investigating, spying, playing politics with the dignitaries, snooping around off limit areas for clues and evidence, sneaking off and battling with assassins and other baddies and then popping back in. It was great. I hope the game continues to surprise me with stuff like this.
                      i thought it was boring. i thought the premise was great and original but i got stuck for a bit and ended up running from room to room for an hour. all the knife ear sex whispers were hilarious though.

i also think the dragon fights are better than they were in skyrim. especially the first dragon i killed.

Comment

• First dragon you kill in DAI is much more challenging than the first you face in Skyrim, it's not even close.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DAI feels a lot like GTA tbh with armor and magic. Just running around completing quests. Skill tree seems pretty pointless.

Comment

DAI feels a lot like GTA tbh with armor and magic. Just running around completing quests. Skill tree seems pretty pointless.
                            Actually the skill tree has a big impact on your experience. If you don't do it right for your team and play style you're going to struggle.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

DAI feels a lot like GTA tbh with armor and magic. Just running around completing quests. Skill tree seems pretty pointless.
                              my team got a lot stronger when i reset my sword and board to a big two hander warrior. now we just smash everything.

one thing i don't like about party make-up is that you have to bring a wizard and a rogue. the "activate" areas that require mages and the open world locked doors that actually have needed paintings etc. that force us to bring a rogue, is something else i don't like.

i don't find it like gta though.

Comment

• Shadow of Mordor is dope. That is all for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X