The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Ok, now I'm sold guys. I'll pony up Skyrim again... This time when it goes on sale.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    And paired with the "Alternate Start" mod, you won't even recognize it if you do all the mods before you even play.

Comment

• Do you guys have a personal top favourite mods list you'd like to share?

*stands on soapbox*

In other news I'm never buying a laptop ever again. My Toshiba died. I'm pretty sure that cheaping out on my last two laptops has cost me more than just buying one a good one. I'm certainly sure I could have had a pretty bad ass tower for that money that would still be kicking or at least if anything went wrong I could easily get at the component I think is causing me troubles...

I mean seriously, for example, you need to pretty much disassemble the #@$&ing things to get at the fan. I don't know why they make it so damn difficult to access the fan. It should be a panel on to its own with four screws but no, that's too difficult for the likes of Dell or Toshiba to pull off. Maybe they design it that way in hopes you will give them even more money to replace the shit components they used on your build.

*jumps off soapbox*

Comment

• Skyrim also looks superb on a high end PC. Won't be able to go back to the consoles

Comment

Do you guys have a personal top favourite mods list you'd like to share?
          The Steam Workshop has a really handy "Collections" that people have put together, for a wide range of things. So there will be Visual Enhancement "Collections" that will sort of handle a whole plethora of shit, and install 30+ mods all at once if you want; or you can hand pick from the collection 1 by 1. That's how I started.

From there, it really depends on what you're looking doing to improve about Vanilla Skyrim. You can get mods that will make the Mage Guild 100x crazier, if that's what you're into. You can download Moonpath to Elsweyr that takes you to the land of the Khajit. Falskaar is a HUGE epic, DLC sized mod. Too many weapon mods to recommend just a few, again, its all about what you're looking to improve. Want bows? You can get sick, modern day compound bows, or crazy norse hero bows, lord of the rings elven bows etc. Swords? Conan the Barbarian, Lord of the Rings, Game of the Thrones, all available.

The mods I built are Giant Forts that surround your Hearthfire Houses. And a player house built at the top of a massive water fall.
          Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 21, 2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Wait, you built your own mods?

Comment

Wait, you built your own mods?

Yes sir, I did. "The Creation Kit" (free download on Steam) software that is used to mod Skyrim, is actually the exact same software the developers used to make the game. Tons of videos on the net on how to do it, but ya, started out where I'd use it to edit weapon mods that I'd download that would make the weapon too powerful. Then I experimented with placing weapons into the game world. Then placing buildings. Then it grew from there where I learned how to path NPCs, set up Guards, Factions etc. Really fun. I think I've got more time spent in the Creation Kit than I do in actual Skyrim. Haha If there's not a mod for it, you can make it. I made a Healing Companion, that would constantly prioritize healing me if I was low. Never put that up for download though.

Comment

• That sounds like a place someone could burn a serious amount of time. I think I'll avoid it.

Comment

• the steam mods are great and all but i recommend you dl and use nexus. they have some exclusive mods that are just nuts

it's really easy to use the mods too, i speak as someone who's next to useless with computers
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• http://www.pcgamesn.com/elder-scroll...st-skyrim-mods

this is a pretty good list of the best ones

can't recommend skyui, fxaa injector, lush grass, relighting skyrim and detailed cities enough

i also use a couple that makes people nude when they undress and i regret nothing
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• probably haven't even played in about 6 months or so, so i can only imagine what else has come out. i need to fire it up and play through it again.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        the steam mods are great and all but i recommend you dl and use nexus. they have some exclusive mods that are just nuts

it's really easy to use the mods too, i speak as someone who's next to useless with computers
                        I've got a combination of both. I've probably got about 80 from Steam and 20 from Nexus, as you're right, my Conan Sword and Armor were not on Steam at the time. Can't be Conan the Dragonborn with his Atlantean or Fathers Sword!

Comment

• Dance of Death is a great mod as well. Allows you to tweak the Kill Animations to your prefered specs.
                          Want to see him cut off a dudes head everytime you swing at someone? You can.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Dance of Death is a great mod as well. Allows you to tweak the Kill Animations to your prefered specs.
                            Want to see him cut off a dudes head everytime you swing at someone? You can.
                            yeah that's a great one too. there's so many.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Are there any other PC games with a great mod community like this?

Comment

Are there any other PC games with a great mod community like this?

Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3. They're all on basically the same game engine, so that makes sense. Its a very malleable engine which is ripe for Modding.

NBA 2k has some great PC mods. Ultimate Roster for 2k14 is epic and adds I don't even know how many classic teams and players to the game. Can get rookie classes for the next couple seasons as well.

Civilization V has a Steam workshop with quite a bit of activity from what I understand as well.

GTA 4 mods are pretty insane as well actually. All real car models, gun models. HD Texture. Character skins. Pretty sure you can download the new GTA 5 map to play in GTA 4. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X