The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Yeah Im with ya. NHL 15 was a joke. I actually think the gameplay improved but the game is so hollow with the amount of features and modes they fucked up or completely dropped altogether. Was a ripoff.
    Funny enough, the current gen game was actually a really good game, especially for GM Mode freaks like myself. That and customization is what makes a sports game for me alongside good gameplay, hence why I rank MLB PowerPros behind The Show in terms of baseball titles. MLB 2K sucked, but PowerPros was fantastic.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Just downloaded Titanfall for PC. They're offering a 48 hour free trial. They also happen to be giving away all the DLC for free for a limited time only to everyone even if you don't own the game. Good time to try it out I'd say.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Just downloaded Titanfall for PC. They're offering a 48 hour free trial. They also happen to be giving away all the DLC for free for a limited time only to everyone even if you don't own the game. Good time to try it out I'd say.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
        Great game. Still play it from time to time. Sadly no single player but I prefer the multiplayer over call of duty any day.

Comment

• Played for an hour. I like it but I'm not used to PC controls. I find it clunky but I know I'll get used to it....

Comment

Played for an hour. I like it but I'm not used to PC controls. I find it clunky but I know I'll get used to it....
            PC controls are completely foreign to me. I would be lost trying to play a shooter on PC.

But yeah once you get used to it you should find it flows very well. The level designs are incredible And all map packs are awesome. There are very few, if any, maps that you won't want to play. Also a huge bonus is that you don't have to play the map packs separately. They mix with the regular queue of maps which is something I WISH that battlefield 4 did. I never play bf4 map packs for that reason. It seems barely anybody plays them Actually.

Comment

Played for an hour. I like it but I'm not used to PC controls. I find it clunky but I know I'll get used to it....
              Shooters are a pain in the ass to play on PC. UNLESS you use your ps3/ps4 or Xbox controller, then its the same controls as console. When I get the chance I can send you the instructions on how to set up your ps3/ps4 controller to use for PC gaming, It did wonders for me and drew me towards playing more games on PC

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Shooters are a pain in the ass to play on PC. UNLESS you use your ps3/ps4 or Xbox controller, then its the same controls as console. When I get the chance I can send you the instructions on how to set up your ps3/ps4 controller to use for PC gaming, It did wonders for me and drew me towards playing more games on PC
                I hear it is difficult to compete online if you roll with the controller due to the aiming speed advantage of the mouse(ie: point & click).

I caved in and decided to buy Battlefield Hardline. I wanted a new FPS shooter and I wanted if for my PC. I waited for some reviews before purchasing and I have to say, it received good reviews on the MP and I agree. I had fun last night playing it.

I considered getting DayZ instead but it sounds like a game you must invest huge time in to getting a lot out of it and that does not line up with my life even though I'd love to play an open world zombie survival game that only has regular zombies.

Comment

I hear it is difficult to compete online if you roll with the controller due to the aiming speed advantage of the mouse(ie: point & click).

I caved in and decided to buy Battlefield Hardline. I wanted a new FPS shooter and I wanted if for my PC. I waited for some reviews before purchasing and I have to say, it received good reviews on the MP and I agree. I had fun last night playing it.

I considered getting DayZ instead but it sounds like a game you must invest huge time in to getting a lot out of it and that does not line up with my life even though I'd love to play an open world zombie survival game that only has regular zombies.
                  I played the hardline beta for a week but was not a fan. They had some good ideas that made the game fun for a bit but the game played too much like call of duty for me. Battlefield 4 is still the best shooter available right now in my opinion. Looking forward to next year's battlefield 5.

Comment

• i LOVE titanfall. honestly, it's some of the most fun i've had playing videogames the past couple years. my biggest issue is none of my friends play games on pc.

can't wait for titanfall 2 to be released on ps4.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I played the hardline beta for a week but was not a fan. They had some good ideas that made the game fun for a bit but the game played too much like call of duty for me. Battlefield 4 is still the best shooter available right now in my opinion. Looking forward to next year's battlefield 5.
                      BF4 is pretty good (tho extremely buggy on ps4) but i do really like advanced warfare.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        BF4 is pretty good (tho extremely buggy on ps4) but i do really like advanced warfare.
                        Really? No issues on Xbox One. Btw I love titanfall too and had to go with bf4 due to titanfalls lack of depth and weapons. But titanfall is packed with some of the greatest fps maps ever. there's only one map I don't love and that includes all map packs

Comment

Really? No issues on Xbox One. Btw I love titanfall too and had to go with bf4 due to titanfalls lack of depth and weapons. But titanfall is packed with some of the greatest fps maps ever. there's only one map I don't love and that includes all map packs
                          yeah i think it's an issue strictly with ps4. apparently it was well known by everyone but me before i picked it up. still a good game though, and i'm not really a battlefield guy.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think this is what they're trying to achieve, to make new ground and bring in new fans. I'm not a fan of the huge wide open maps. I find myself either getting sniped or running/driving endlessly to the action only to get sniped or tapped from behind. Wasn't my cup of tea. I like Hardline because the maps tend to be a little smaller to a lot smaller. You have really good TDM maps which are smaller and then you have much larger maps which are nice for things like Hotwire. There are vehicles but not everything revolves around vehicles... Although some modes everything revolves around them so there is choice.

For PC online MP has worked great. No lag, no being dropped from games, no weird glitches yet. The starter assault rifle kind of sucks. I opted not to pay EA for the deluxe edition as a better starting gun and some gun camo didn't seem worth it to me when I can just play TDM for a few hours, which I enjoy, and earn enough in game cash to move on to a better weapon.

I'm liking the cops and robbers theme to the MP. It's a nice change for me.

So far I am happy with my purchase. This game plays well, looks really good and has fun game modes. I can't speak about single player though because I haven't touched it.

ceez wrote: View Post
                            BF4 was/is extremely buggy on all platforms. Some have been corrected better than others. This is what I'm hearing.

Comment

I think this is what they're trying to achieve, to make new ground and bring in new fans. I'm not a fan of the huge wide open maps. I find myself either getting sniped or running/driving endlessly to the action only to get sniped or tapped from behind. Wasn't my cup of tea. I like Hardline because the maps tend to be a little smaller to a lot smaller. You have really good TDM maps which are smaller and then you have much larger maps which are nice for things like Hotwire. There are vehicles but not everything revolves around vehicles... Although some modes everything revolves around them so there is choice.

For PC online MP has worked great. No lag, no being dropped from games, no weird glitches yet. The starter assault rifle kind of sucks. I opted not to pay EA for the deluxe edition as a better starting gun and some gun camo didn't seem worth it to me when I can just play TDM for a few hours, which I enjoy, and earn enough in game cash to move on to a better weapon.

I'm liking the cops and robbers theme to the MP. It's a nice change for me.

So far I am happy with my purchase. This game plays well, looks really good and has fun game modes. I can't speak about single player though because I haven't touched it.

BF4 was/is extremely buggy on all platforms. Some have been corrected better than others. This is what I'm hearing.
                              Bf4 had smaller maps too for TDM and squad death match As well as some other modes. The maps are excellent size.

Yes there were issues at launch on all platforms but there have been no issues on Xbox since that was resolved soon thereafter. It is by far my most played game on Xbox. I got both the One and bf4 on day one of launch.

Comment

• You would probably like Hardline. You should try it if Orgin gives a out a 48 hour trial down the road.

I find it interesting how Battlefield works on PC. You're essentially on Battlelog via a web browser and you launch the game from there, then bounce back to the web browser. It was off putting at first but now I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X