No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

MW3 comes out at Midnight tonight!!! This game is gonna be epic methinks. So forgive me if y'all dont see me for a while haha.
      For the gamers out there who are down for some XBOX 360 marathons PM to add my gamer tag. ***Apollo this means you!***

Comment

Ha, ha, I'll be getting it. I pre-ordered but I haven't yet decided if I'll show up at midnight. I like my sleep, don't think I'd play it tonight and I can always get it tomorrow after work. I will most definately send you my XBL gamer tag later on. I'm sure it's going to be great. I'm not digging BF3 all that much... Even though I've only logged about five hours or so. MW3 all the way!

Comment

lol @ apollo. i didnt buy bf3 although i heard its good. im just a MW guy all the way too. going to the midnight launch tonight can't wait!sorry no xbox im on psn. who ever wants to add me im Majorpain_007.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Maybe I'll sleep a couple hours and head down at midnight. I haven't gone to a midnight launch since Halo 3.

Comment

I tried picking up MW3 during my lunch hour thinking the lineups won't be insane...it went waaay past the store front doors. Must have been like 200+ people in line. What! At noon?!

I'm gonna have to go after work when the lines will be even worse!!! Sigh...it's gonna be ugly.

Comment

COD zombie horde

So I went to bed at 10PM, got up at 11:50PM and went down to EBgames. I had no idea what I was walking into. The lineup must have been 100 people easy. So I park the truck and walk up to the door, which is still locked, and these guys are smoking while they wait. They say they've been there since 8PM and the end of the lineup is way, way, way down the block (hint, hint). So I just stand there and start to ponder what I'm going to do. Am I going to be a douche and try and sneak in at the front or am I going to bail on the scene and come back tomorrow? Well, before I could answer that question out walks one of the employees. So by this point some other people had shown up and were also smoking, behind me now. They seemed like they were planning on cutting the line. The EB employee shouts out "form two lines, one for 'stickers' and one without stickers". I didn't know what the hell he was talking about but it didn't matter because there were people rushing all over the place and then they started pushing forward. I felt like I was in the middle of a zombie horde. I literally got pushed into the store and pretty much to the head of the line. No turning back now so I finally find out what the hell this sticker business is. Apparently if you showed up earlier in the day you got this sticker on your receipt which allowed you to enter the express line or whatever they were calling it. I didn't have a sticker so I went over to the non-sticker line inside the store. It was only just really forming because people were having trouble getting in the front door. Lots of pushing and nonsense going on around the front door with a couple employees trying to calm the horde. The linup outside was still back down the street. Crazy. Long story short, I showed up at just before midnight and had the game by 12:20AM. That was long before people who were waiting for hours. Right place, right time.

As I was walking back to my truck it seemed like the sticker line was gigantic and the non-sticker line was small. It's like they unintentionally wasted the time of the fanatics by allowing guys like me to waltz in without waiting hardly any time. I'd imagine this sticker lineup earlier in the day was very long and then they had to come back later and wait additional hours so that they could wait another hour to get a game they pre-paid. Yikes...

Working from home today. I got an hour of MW3 in this morning before I started working. I don't know what I'm doing in multiplayer. Guys were already level 20 and the game only came out today.

Comment

^^^Apollo you lucky bastard haha!

I have a feeling I will have no such luck after work. Level 20 already?! Hmph that's nothing. I plan on prestigeing tonight!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    No, not yet. Is it good though?

I'm thinking BF3 and CODMW3 will be it for me for a long time. The more things get hectic in the evenings for me, the more I'm pulled towards online shooters.
                    it's fun for sure, I played the demo and the first boss is a bitch.

LUcky, you have a partner though and you just make him fight the boss while you kill all the secondary guys and then just shoot arrows at his back until he dies.

ya, I know... I'm cheap
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

anybody played the new batman game?

please, include spoiler alerts and try to keep them to a minimum.

Comment

NBA 2k12 SUCKS.

Sorry I had to say, and had no where else.
                        It blows. Its the most frustrating sports game I've EVER played. The game mechanics are complete shit.

They took everything good about 2k11 and ruined it. I've officially uninstalled it and am playing 2k11.

Comment

i had no intention of buying that, as i have made a rule to buy sports games every two or three years. good thing i bought 2k11. the only exception i'm mkaing is '12 the show because of obvious reasons.

Comment

I've been fooling around with Minecraft a little lately. Since my little girl came along I haven't turned on my 360. It's in the basement and I've only been down there to do my laundry. Anywhoo, it's a pretty cool game. The graphics suck intially but you can download free texture packs to resolve that issue rather easily. The game works great on my laptop and allows me to mess with it anywhere in the house. Right up my alley right now.

It's like Survival Horror meets playing with REAL Lego blocks like we all did (I would hope) as kids. There are like a million youtube videos about the game by the way if you're curious and haven't heard. The game has sold over 4 million units even though they had given away older versions(during beta testing) which can still be used offline.

Comment

i'm playing the association with the raps on 2k12. I bumped up bargnani's overall to 80 because he sure as hell deserves that. 2K cheeses the raptors big time when it comes to overall ratings. I increased everyone's rating to what it should be. Bargs to 80, Derozan to 74 - 75, Calderon to 70, Kleiza to 70, JJ to 69, Amir to 70, Bayless to 69. I even put on the accessories that they left out. DeMar's knee sleeves and JJ's shooting sleeve. The 3 point shooting is insane though some teams just don't miss. Mike Dunleavy drains more three's than ray allen, i swear in one game he scored all his points from the 3 point line. I also added the 2012 draft class and have 2 first rounders hehe. I'm going to be stacked next season

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                i'm playing the association with the raps on 2k12. I bumped up bargnani's overall to 80 because he sure as hell deserves that. 2K cheeses the raptors big time when it comes to overall ratings. I increased everyone's rating to what it should be. Bargs to 80, Derozan to 74 - 75, Calderon to 70, Kleiza to 70, JJ to 69, Amir to 70, Bayless to 69. I even put on the accessories that they left out. DeMar's knee sleeves and JJ's shooting sleeve. The 3 point shooting is insane though some teams just don't miss. Mike Dunleavy drains more three's than ray allen, i swear in one game he scored all his points from the 3 point line. I also added the 2012 draft class and have 2 first rounders hehe. I'm going to be stacked next season
                                I've got a team of Young Vince Carter and Young TMac with Nash at the PG. Then Bargs at PF and Valanciunas at C.
                                Bayless, James Johnson and Ed coming off the bench.

It's alot of fun. But 2K12 still sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X