No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks! You actually just succesfully sold Microsofts product Going to buy it just for nba 2k13 for the beginning.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Thanks! You actually just succesfully sold Microsofts product Going to buy it just for nba 2k13 for the beginning.
      Happy to help! I know there aren't too many true PC-gamers left, so I gotta help the cause however possible! Haha
      Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 10, 2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Sorry I'm late... it should automatically detect it.

If you use a PS3 controller (if you already have one) then you download a software called motioninjoy
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          Sorry I'm late... it should automatically detect it.

If you use a PS3 controller (if you already have one) then you download a software called motioninjoy
          This is what i do

Comment

• Btw has anyone picked up Far Cry 3. I got it the other day, Its fucking amazing! i loved the second one but this one is even better. Tons of things to do and the environmental graphics are great. All of you need to get it, its too good to miss

Comment

• yeah, its amazing
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Vita: Having my cake and eating it too.

Been playing my Vita nightly over the past couple months. That thing is a Godsend. I can play some COD or Madden or LBP or Uncharted, etc. while spending some "quality time" in the den with my wife. She loves how I've been hanging out with her while she watches her nightly does of over dramatic doctor drama's, gimmicky pop sing-off competitions, etc. Meanwhile I'm maintaining a mean 1.5 K/D in COD, while taking my Packers to the Superbowl, all in the palm of my hands.

I'm also finding myself playing it before I turn the lights out as a little Hot Shots Golf or whatever tends to clear my head and then I'm out like a light. Handheld gaming, in my opinion, is where its at if you're a family man.

I became a Playstation Plus member recently. Man is that the best deal in gaming.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Been playing my Vita nightly over the past couple months. That thing is a Godsend. I can play some COD or Madden or LBP or Uncharted, etc. while spending some "quality time" in the den with my wife. She loves how I've been hanging out with her while she watches her nightly does of over dramatic doctor drama's, gimmicky pop sing-off competitions, etc. Meanwhile I'm maintaining a mean 1.5 K/D in COD, while taking my Packers to the Superbowl, all in the palm of my hands.

I'm also finding myself playing it before I turn the lights out as a little Hot Shots Golf or whatever tends to clear my head and then I'm out like a light. Handheld gaming, in my opinion, is where its at if you're a family man.

I became a Playstation Plus member recently. Man is that the best deal in gaming.
                  Welcome to the world of Playstation my friend!

Comment

• Any of you guys playing Skyrim? I've been playing it now for about a month and a half, and am thoroughly impressed by it all.
                    I was a big Fallout Fan, so obviously love how similar it is in terms of controls and gameplay to the Fallout series.. But man ... its SOO epic!! Not to mention I've got over 110 Mods installed. It looks AMAZING now. I love PC versions of games. Haha
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Any of you guys playing Skyrim? I've been playing it now for about a month and a half, and am thoroughly by it all.
                      I was a big Fallout Fan, so obviously love how similar it is in terms of controls and gameplay to the Fallout series.. But man ... its SOO epic!! Not to mention I've got over 110 Mods installed. It looks AMAZING now. I love PC versions of games. Haha
                      i just finished Skyrim last week over the holidays. (the main story, and about 80% of the sidequests)

200 plus hours... i hit the levelling up cap... full daedric armor and weapons...

i seriously gave up alot of LIFE for that game.... but it's so awesome

i'm thinking about restarting the game as a lesbian cat lady

only thing i hated about it, was using magic... absolutely sucks... the elder scrolls/fallout engine is perfectly made for getting down and dirty melee combat..

Comment

• skyrim is probably my all time most played game. so good.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          i just finished Skyrim last week over the holidays. (the main story, and about 80% of the sidequests)

200 plus hours... i hit the levelling up cap... full daedric armor and weapons...

i seriously gave up alot of LIFE for that game.... but it's so awesome

i'm thinking about restarting the game as a lesbian cat lady
                          Thats what I find so intrigueing by this game, is that I don't feel like I need to do ALL the sidequests, because I can always come back and do it all over again, and still have a completely fresh experience.

heinz57 wrote:
                          only thing i hated about it, was using magic... absolutely sucks... the elder scrolls/fallout engine is perfectly made for getting down and dirty melee combat..
                          Completely agree. My guy never uses anything magic. Except for enchanting.
                          But ya, he's a 'Conan the Barbarian' type, and great with a bow (bow mechanics are fantastic as well. Was really impressed.)

ceez wrote: View Post
                          skyrim is probably my all time most played game. so good.
                          "Fallout: New Vegas" was mine... but thats with 3 play-throughs.
                          This could very well surpass it on 1st play-through. Haha
                          Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 2, 2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Thats what I find so intrigueing by this game, is that I don't feel like I need to do ALL the sidequests, because I can always come back and do it all over again, and still have a completely fresh experience.

you really don't HAVE TO do all the sidequests... but there is a point where you kind of want to.. certain ones are bad ass... highly suggest the thieves guild quests, the dark brotherhood, and the daedric artifacts quests... the civil war quest is HUGE and i could see how somebody might hate it, but i loved it... it was all endless hack and slashing..

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Completely agree. My guy never uses anything magic. Except for enchanting.
                            But ya, he's a 'Conan the Barbarian' type, and great with a bow (bow mechanics are fantastic as well. Was really impressed.)
                            i went for the dual sword option... combat was just so fluid... and when you finally get the daedric stuff... it looks so effing awesome..

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            "Fallout: New Vegas" was mine... but thats with 3 play-throughs.
                            This could very well surpass it on 1st play-through. Haha
                            There was a point in New Vegas that pissed me off so much, that i refused to play anymore.... it was awhile ago so i dont remember all the details... but it was at the hoover dam, trying to save a general or something from an assassination attempt... had to restart like 30 times, and still couldnt do it...

might have to revisit the game

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              you really don't HAVE TO do all the sidequests... but there is a point where you kind of want to.. certain ones are bad ass... highly suggest the thieves guild quests, the dark brotherhood, and the daedric artifacts quests... the civil war quest is HUGE and i could see how somebody might hate it, but i loved it... it was all endless hack and slashing..
                              Ya I'm currently 'Liberating Skyrim' .. so lots of 'Storming-the-Walls-and-Killing-Everyone' type stuff .. Love it. Haha

heinz57 wrote:
                              i went for the dual sword option... combat was just so fluid... and when you finally get the daedric stuff... it looks so effing awesome..
                              Started off doing that, but now I like to have a shield in hand. Give them a good bash to the face. Haha

heinz57 wrote:
                              There was a point in New Vegas that pissed me off so much, that i refused to play anymore.... it was awhile ago so i dont remember all the details... but it was at the hoover dam, trying to save a general or something from an assassination attempt... had to restart like 30 times, and still couldnt do it...

might have to revisit the game
                              Hahaha I remember that one ALL to well. I remember having very similar problems... not sure what I did, but I eventually managed to beat it. If I remember correctly, (and I probably don't) it had something to do with that when you pulled your gun out to stop the assination, they'd turn on you or something? I found if you stand on the Tower and wait for the one guy, you can stab him when he comes up the ladder, and then run down and finish off any craziness .. It's all very foggy though. Haha

Comment

• i owe skyrim another play around... there's a bunch of stuff i'd like to give a try, that i never bothered with the first time around... ie/ siding with the imperials, playing as a werewolf, playing as a vampire, investing more time in the sneaking/stealth aspects of the game, lesbianism

i'm playing dragon age 2 right now... and im fully trying to force my character into lesbianism... i've even gone as far as to waste money at the whore house.... there was an unfortunate incident with a surprise tranny though..

seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X