No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Bundle has a crazy Star Wars promotion on right now.

$12 will get you:
    - KOTOR
    - KOTOR 2
    - Force Unleashed 1 - Ultimate Sith Edition
    - Force Unleashed 2
    - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    - Dark Forces
    - Battlefront 2
    - Republic Commando
    - Empire At War: Gold Edition

I sold my original XBOX, KOTOR and KOTOR 2 last week for a lot more than $12 so this is good timing. Hopefully these all work on Windows 8.1 and 10.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Six. That's how many seconds it takes to get to the opening menu on Skyrim after I hit the play button within Steam.

Two. That's how many seconds it takes to load my game after I hit the continue button.

I have Skyrim installed on an SSD.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Six. That's how many seconds it takes to get to the opening menu on Skyrim after I hit the play button within Steam.

Two. That's how many seconds it takes to load my game after I hit the continue button.

I have Skyrim installed on an SSD.

Have you loaded up on Mods yet? And downloaded the official HD Texture Pack?

Comment

• I am using some mods. I fooled around with Realvision ENB & recommended mods that should go with it and crashed my game so bad I had to uninstall Skyrim and Steam to fix it. So now I'm keeping it simple with Workshop mods. I don't know if these had the HD textures you're mentioning or not. Here are some screens and I can share my mods lists if you're curious:

Everything is maxed and I'm playing at 1080p because I cheaped out and bought 1080p monitors. Really, I don't care about going up in resolution past that right now.

Comment

• Has anyone played the order? in theory it seems like a game i'd really dig but i heard it's really short and i'm super wary of games who have long embargos.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I am using some mods. I fooled around with Realvision ENB & recommended mods that should go with it and crashed my game so bad I had to uninstall Skyrim and Steam to fix it. So now I'm keeping it simple with Workshop mods. I don't know if these had the HD textures you're mentioning or not. Here are some screens and I can share my mods lists if you're curious:

Everything is maxed and I'm playing at 1080p because I cheaped out and bought 1080p monitors. Really, I don't care about going up in resolution past that right now.
              The final mission of the thieve's guild needs to be 1080p. you'll know what I am talking about when you see it....

Comment

• Not sure if there are any Dragonball fans around here but I just pre ordered Dragonball Xenoverse, looks like its going to be really good from what I've seen.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Has anyone played the order? in theory it seems like a game i'd really dig but i heard it's really short and i'm super wary of games who have long embargos.
                  I had never even heard of it before you mentioned it .. just read a review and this is how they summarized a fairly lengthy review of the game-
                  In simpler terms, no matter how long it takes you to complete The Order: 1886 it's just not worth it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I had never even heard of it before you mentioned it .. just read a review and this is how they summarized a fairly lengthy review of the game-
                    Sometimes its better not to go off reviews unless the general consensus is that the game sucked ass. From what I've heard The Order is pretty good, it depends on what you like. I mean I wouldn't buy it, but it looks like a decent pick up

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Has anyone played the order? in theory it seems like a game i'd really dig but i heard it's really short and i'm super wary of games who have long embargos.
                      I heard its a 5 hour campaign and it's just one giant cut scene. Watched some gameplay videos and yeah the constant cut scenes are ridiculous. Barely saw any "playing"

Comment

• yeah i didn't realize it was released on thurs not the normal tues. watched some gameplay video and it looks really pretty but extremely boring
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Anytime you hit a next gen console it's always the same deal:
                          1. You get a bunch of games early that are fun to play but are hammered for lacking true next gen graphics.
                          2. You get a small handful of games that look stunning but lack substance and are hammered for it.
                          3. You get a very small number of first party games(and if you're lucky 3rd party games) which live up to the "next gen" in both gameplay and visuals.

Both PS4 and Xbone have been hammer greatly on #1 and #2, with PS4 more weighted to #2 and Xbone more weighted to #1. By the end of the year both will have having a lot more of #3.

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                          The final mission of the thieve's guild needs to be 1080p. you'll know what I am talking about when you see it....
                          I'm actually doing the Thieves Guild right now. I first opted to destroy the Dark Brotherhood and so I'm rocking their crazy ninja type armor while I'm thieving. Anyway, last playthrough was on PS3, I was a warrior with a sword and shield and I didn't get far in the main quest. I think I did the whole Companions story line and also wanderered around exploring. This time around I'm going as a stealthy archer conjuerer and so ofcourse it's natural to do the thieves guild quests. First playthrough I was straightup "good" but this time the lines have been blurred *gasp*.

Comment

Anytime you hit a next gen console it's always the same deal:
                            1. You get a bunch of games early that are fun to play but are hammered for lacking true next gen graphics.
                            2. You get a small handful of games that look stunning but lack substance and are hammered for it.
                            3. You get a very small number of first party games(and if you're lucky 3rd party games) which live up to the "next gen" in both gameplay and visuals.

Both PS4 and Xbone have been hammer greatly on #1 and #2, with PS4 more weighted to #2 and Xbone more weighted to #1. By the end of the year both will have having a lot more of #3.

I'm actually doing the Thieves Guild right now. I first opted to destroy the Dark Brotherhood and so I'm rocking their crazy ninja type armor while I'm thieving. Anyway, last playthrough was on PS3, I was a warrior with a sword and shield and I didn't get far in the main quest. I think I did the whole Companions story line and also wanderered around exploring. This time around I'm going as a stealthy archer conjuerer and so ofcourse it's natural to do the thieves guild quests. First playthrough I was straightup "good" but this time the lines have been blurred *gasp*.
                            After Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 its going to be all Playstation. Have you guys seen the Uncharted 4 gameplay? Its fucking unreal.

Comment

• Uncharted 4's cutscenes don't really look any different than actual gameplay. That's how goo the game looks. You know the story and gameplay will be entertaining. This will probably be the best Uncharted yet. I think this one has Drake a little older and so I'm guessing Sully may not be involved?

Comment

• Didn't a bunch of developers who were with the uncharted frachise from the beginning quit during production of this game cause they didn't like the direction Uncharted 4 was going? What's that about?

Comment

Working...
                                X