The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine;537183[B wrote:
    ]They announced fallout 4 mods are coming to Xbox One. Dont think they'll be on PS4 tho[/B]. You also get fallout 3 free if u get fallout 4 on Xbox One
    The mods are coming to PS4 unless something changed? Preorder bonuses across all platforms were not that impressive to me. I played the hell out of FO3 and don't ever plan on going back.

Apparently on PC all mods must go through steam. This means there may be some limitations to what can be done on PC although I'm sure it will offer more freedom than console for obvious reasons.

Comment

• IGN scores the game 9.5 out of 10.
      http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2015/11...llout-4-review

I still expect buggy game play at first though.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        The mods are coming to PS4 unless something changed? Preorder bonuses across all platforms were not that impressive to me. I played the hell out of FO3 and don't ever plan on going back.

Apparently on PC all mods must go through steam. This means there may be some limitations to what can be done on PC although I'm sure it will offer more freedom than console for obvious reasons.
        That was essentially the plan with Skyrim as well, but people figured out how to get them into Nexus, which is bound to happen with this as well, as the game engine hasn't changed all that much.

It'll definitely be buggy at first though. All Bethesda games are really. I'm ok with this.

Comment

• i've got like 3 missions left in MGSV so fallout's coming out at a perfect time
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            That was essentially the plan with Skyrim as well, but people figured out how to get them into Nexus, which is bound to happen with this as well, as the game engine hasn't changed all that much.

It'll definitely be buggy at first though. All Bethesda games are really. I'm ok with this.
            I think I'm going to run my Nvidia screen recording tool at first if it doesn't hamper my frame rate(I want to be locked in at 60FPS). I think it might be fun to share crazy glitches.

Joey, just curious, are you going to be playing this with a mouse & keyboard or a controller? I've only gamed these on consoles in the past so I'm considering controller. I think my 360 or DS4 controller would be pretty good here. Then again, I played through Bioshock 1 not too long ago with a mouse & keyboard and it was still really fun.

Comment

I think I'm going to run my Nvidia screen recording tool at first if it doesn't hamper my frame rate(I want to be locked in at 60FPS). I think it might be fun to share crazy glitches.
              Open up a Twitch Account. Can make some money by letting people watch you .. which is a totally weird and voyeustic thing ... LOL

Apollo wrote:
              Joey, just curious, are you going to be playing this with a mouse & keyboard or a controller? I've only gamed these on consoles in the past so I'm considering controller. I think my 360 or DS4 controller would be pretty good here. Then again, I played through Bioshock 1 not too long ago with a mouse & keyboard and it was still really fun.
              Haven't decided yet. New Vegas and Fallout 3 both weren't even configured for Controller Support, and weren't all that Controller Friendly even when set for the PC. Alot of the "aids" they implemented for Console Controllers weren't included for PC, so getting things like Headshots became almost impossible with a controller, without using VATS. The aiming and reaction times just weren't there with the controller.

Apparently they've fixed all that now, and it is much more controller friendly, and calibrated for Steam Big Screen, so should be alot better this time around. But ya.. I think I'll just wait and see. Lol

Comment

• Performance: PS4 vs. Xbox

http://n4g.com/news/1817950/digital-...mance-analysis

Summary: Get the PC version if you can make it work. Both console versions experience frame drop during different events and the Xbox version appears to perform a little worse.

Comment

Ah turns out you may be right. But Bethesda is focused on bringing mods to Xbox first and ps4 down the line if all goes well.
                  For someone like myself who hasn't played fallout 3, I'm happy to get a free game especially one as highly touted as that.

Comment

• I read that they work mods capabilities into the architecture of all their games and that this is coming to all three platforms, no maybes. They already know this will work on both consoles.

You'll enjoy FO3 if you can get past the very dated visuals. One of my favorite games all time no doubt.

Comment

• Omg... after 10 mins of playing I can safely say rise of the tomb raider is the best looking game I've ever played.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        Omg... after 10 mins of playing I can safely say rise of the tomb raider is the best looking game I've ever played.
                        they did the tits well?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          they did the tits well?
                          another game with crafting. so tired of picking up crap like a hobo in games

Comment

• Fired up FO4 to make sure it works. Seems to be fine. The graphics look better than screenshsot but it's probably because I'm on a PC and most of those screenshots are taken on console. I ran the game through my Nvidia optimization tool and it recommended ultra. We'll see about performance tonight as I know there are optimization issues across all three platforms.

Comment

IGN scores the game 9.5 out of 10.
                              http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2015/11...llout-4-review

I still expect buggy game play at first though.
                              well it is a bethesda game...

hopefully they don't take forever to patch the game like they usually do
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                well it is a bethesda game...

hopefully they don't take forever to patch the game like they usually do
                                Watched for an hour on twitch yesterday and some mechanics are completely broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X