The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    The first one acting up I recall was "Hit N' Run" for Gamecube back in like 04 or 05..it froze 7 minutes in no matter what I did..but, it worked fine on my neighbours and I took it back to the store and it worked fine on theirs as well (I had a black gamecube, the store and my neighbour had a purple and may have been an older model). But, the guy gave me another disk, brang it home, same problem.

Ended up returning that and got a credit and with that got two different games for basically the same price..I remember at least one of those acted up, but you could still play it through after a couple of resets.

Then a few years later, I remember buying one or two for the Wii and those acted up.

Then for PS3 I bought several from there and the sports games worked fine. But, I remember buying Batman:Arkham City, Uncharted 3, and LA Noire and they all either wouldn't run and I had to wipe and reformat my hard drive several times to get them to run or they froze somewhere in the game.

I've bought games from Best buy, Future Shop,Wal mart and have never had any problems.
    Its your PS3. Not the games guranteed. Same with Gamecube (i had one and it was not very reliable at all, overheated all the time) and Wii idk could have been the games could have been the console itself as well. You shouldn't even be buying games for wii there's no point. There is a much better way to get them -wink wink-

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Its your PS3. Not the games guranteed. Same with Gamecube (i had one and it was not very reliable at all, overheated all the time) and Wii idk could have been the games could have been the console itself as well. You shouldn't even be buying games for wii there's no point. There is a much better way to get them -wink wink-
      I haven't had a Wii for years..I was just back-tracking through history..this had to be like 2009..Anyways, I stopped buying from there..too many issues and they're actually kinda expensive. I started buying my games at costco..lol
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        I haven't had a Wii for years..I was just back-tracking through history..this had to be like 2009..Anyways, I stopped buying from there..too many issues and they're actually kinda expensive. I started buying my games at costco..lol
        Just buy games off the PSN store. No tax so you'll save like 10 bucks easy, all you need is disk space and a decent download speed.

Comment

• Are there any PS3 exclusives I should get besides Gran Turismo?

I imagine GTA5 will keep me busy, and Gran Turismo when it comes out in December, but you never know. Lol

Comment

• i think diablo is going to be ps4 exclusive

Comment

• That's out on PC already no?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                That's out on PC already no?
                my bad. thought we were going consoles ie. xbone/ps4.

Comment

Are there any PS3 exclusives I should get besides Gran Turismo?

I imagine GTA5 will keep me busy, and Gran Turismo when it comes out in December, but you never know. Lol
                  All the Uncharted's, The Last of us, God of war saga (all the games), Infamous 2. I'm just listing as many as i can lol

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    i think diablo is going to be ps4 exclusive
                    Maybe Sony exclusive? I know its coming to PS3, just like most other games heading to PS4 this fall.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Are there any PS3 exclusives I should get besides Gran Turismo?

Gods of War possibly? They have well priced HD versions out of the PS2 games now as well for the PS3.

Infamous is another Sony exclusive series if I'm not mistaken.

Killzone is a great series.

The Resistance series is worth playing at the price you would pay to get a used copy.

Check out the Indy section on PSN. Terraria is coming soon and I don't think it's on 360.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Gods of War possibly? They have well priced HD versions out of the PS2 games now as well for the PS3.

Infamous is another Sony exclusive series if I'm not mistaken.

Killzone is a great series.

The Resistance series is worth playing at the price you would pay to get a used copy.

Check out the Indy section on PSN. Terraria is coming soon and I don't think it's on 360.
                      Thank you gentlemen. Forgot about alot of those.

I guess with the bundle I'm buying, I get a month free with Playstation Plus as well.. not really sure what that is. Lol I assume PS+ is just like Steam kinda? Or is that Playstation Store?

I can't wait for GTA5 any longer... had to settle and play a heavily modded GTA4. Still a blast. Haha

Comment

• GTA 5 map
                        http://imgur.com/dAyKrXi
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          Ya I saw one where they compare the maps of GTA5 to GTA4, based on size of Runway at the airport.. GTA5 is like 3 times as big. Lol I'll have it in less than a week!

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. Forgot about alot of those.

I guess with the bundle I'm buying, I get a month free with Playstation Plus as well.. not really sure what that is. Lol I assume PS+ is just like Steam kinda? Or is that Playstation Store?

I can't wait for GTA5 any longer... had to settle and play a heavily modded GTA4. Still a blast. Haha
                            PS+ is an annual subscription and I can't say enough good things about it. Dozens of free games each year, loads of sales, automatic backup of all your saves to a cloud at night, front of the line on some betas, free exclusive avatars, free themes and other stuff. It's worth looking into.

I had it for about a year and I've been given loads of free games this year(PS3, PS Vita, PSP and PS1 games). If you got it right now, paid $50, you'd start off with Uncharted 3, XCOM, Saints Row II and Resident Evil HD collection just to name a few. That right there is worth more than $50 to most people and we're only talking about you getting your feet wet with the service. I've run out of hardrive space on my PS3 because of PS+. Monthly now I have to make a tough decision about which game I wanna delete to make room for the incoming games... I don't even have time to even take a look at a lot of them there's been so many... Nice problem to have I'd say. Needless to say, I've only purchased two games in 2013 because there's really no need anymore unless I REALLY want something; if I wait long enough it might come to PS+ for free.

Comment

• Holy crap, is Sony releasing the Apple TV killer?

Playstation Vita TV

Have you guy heard of this little gem yet?

Not announced outside of Japan yet but you know it's coming. Here are the details I read today on the train ride home:

Price
                              $95 for the box or $143 for the box with a 8GB memory card and DualShock 3 controller(the 2nd option is probably not going to be a strong sell to most Sony gamers because they already have supporting gear).

Functionality
                              Gaming: PS Vita, PSP and PS1 games off a memory card. Remote play PS4 games anywhere in the house on a local wifi.
                              TV: Will support Netflix and other TV apps
                              Internet: Browsing and also access to PSN naturally. Youtube, facebook, twitter, email apps etc.
                              access and access to PSN
                              PS+ Support: Yes

There will probably be more details coming but for $95 how can not get this, especially if you're already a Sony gamer? Sony it really making plays to take the lead in the gaming industry.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Playstation Vita TV

Have you guy heard of this little gem yet?

Not announced outside of Japan yet but you know it's coming. Here are the details I read today on the train ride home:

Price
                                $95 for the box or $143 for the box with a 8GB memory card and DualShock 3 controller(the 2nd option is probably not going to be a strong sell to most Sony gamers because they already have supporting gear).

Functionality
                                Gaming: PS Vita, PSP and PS1 games off a memory card. Remote play PS4 games anywhere in the house on a local wifi.
                                TV: Will support Netflix and other TV apps
                                Internet: Browsing and also access to PSN naturally. Youtube, facebook, twitter, email apps etc.
                                access and access to PSN
                                PS+ Support: Yes

There will probably be more details coming but for $95 how can not get this, especially if you're already a Sony gamer? Sony it really making plays to take the lead in the gaming industry.
                                My little brother told me about this thing last night. That's pretty dope

Comment

Working...
                                X