The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    They have a lot of Fanboy's if thats what you mean. 2K is in trouble because they show very little improvement besides graphics, if they continue that and Live keeps making massive upgrades they will be in big trouble. Live has a good chance to retake the throne for the top NBA game.
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Um what are you talkin bout? have you seen them in 2k15? they look much worse.

Live 15 easily wins, no clue what you're talkin bout bro. Don't be one of those fanboy's, you gotta give credit where its due.
    You're clearly the biggest fanboy on the planet. It was funny for a while but now its getting old.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      You're clearly the biggest fanboy on the planet. It was funny for a while but now its getting old.
      Alright mister Xbox one whatever you say lmao

Comment

• NBA live wasn't nearly as good as 2K for basketball fans because their gameplay was too stiff, not realistic enough, and generally stagnant. 2K lacked in features and required a longer learning curve, which turned off casual gamers.

If Live can actually return with a good game then competition in the market will be good for consumers. But EA has a poor track record and that will discourage some fans from trying their game.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          NBA live wasn't nearly as good as 2K for basketball fans because their gameplay was too stiff, not realistic enough, and generally stagnant. 2K lacked in features and required a longer learning curve, which turned off casual gamers.

If Live can actually return with a good game then competition in the market will be good for consumers. But EA has a poor track record and that will discourage some fans from trying their game.
          The gameplay looks more fluid than 2K. Especially the ball handling and shooting, just look at the way Harden dribbles, its just like he does in real life.

Comment

• I personally don't put any weight into game trailers when it comes to gameplay. Until you have the controller in your hand, there is no way to tell.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I personally don't put any weight into game trailers when it comes to gameplay. Until you have the controller in your hand, there is no way to tell.
              That was actual gameplay though, and you can't deny how much more fluid it looks. 2K always goes slow mo when you do a layup or dunk, they suck you into this dunk animation not allowing the defender to do anything. In live the defender and the offensive player are not stuck to eachother, they are separate giving the player more control

Comment

• Headsets

Just retired my old PX21 headset... The second earmuff cracked off and there is only so much that duct tape and crazy glue can do. Even my old man took time to make fun of my "Red Green" looking audio accessory the last time he visited.

So what did I buy to replace it? Well, I checked out the selection at Futureshop this afternoon on the way home from the office. I wanted something wireless, so that apparently adds $50 to the price right out of the gate. I wanted a mic so I can talk to my fellow gamers. I wanted Dolby and "surround sound". I wanted something easy, plug and play that was designed with the PS4 in mind but could be paired with my laptop, my phone, my TV or my Vita. So what did I buy?
                The PX4, another Turtle Beach headset. My old one got me a solid three or four years so I figure this one will do the same.

I have Destiny, Diablo 3 and Madden 15 so I'll try it out tonight and let you guys know how it sounds.

Comment

That was actual gameplay though, and you can't deny how much more fluid it looks. 2K always goes slow mo when you do a layup or dunk, they suck you into this dunk animation not allowing the defender to do anything. In live the defender and the offensive player are not stuck to eachother, they are separate giving the player more control
                  But it's still a trailer, so it's only going to show you the absolutely best parts. Plus there is no way to capture important factors like controls, tempo, schemes and rotations. Gameplay goes way beyond looking pretty. Sounds like your wearing rose coloured glasses and forgetting that gameplay was always Live's issue in the past. No amount of trailers can capture that. Controller in hand is the only way.

Comment

But it's still a trailer, so it's only going to show you the absolutely best parts. Plus there is no way to capture important factors like controls, tempo, schemes and rotations. Gameplay goes way beyond looking pretty. Sounds like your wearing rose coloured glasses and forgetting that gameplay was always Live's issue in the past. No amount of trailers can capture that. Controller in hand is the only way.
                    I'm talking animations and fluidity of the game. I've been playing 2K for the past 4 years so I am certainly not being biased, the fact is that 2K doesn't have very good gameplay. 2K looks amazing but the game play was never very fun or realistic.

I don't know what you mean about game play, Live has always had good game play excluding last years disaster. Live's issue was simply graphics, everything else was always great. Just look back at Live 10 and compare it to 2k10, it was a better game overall with very innovative features that 2K stole after EA fucked up Live.

Just look at the history, Live has always dominated. 2K has only been good for the past 4 years since EA screwed themselves over by trying to be too cute.

Comment

I'm talking animations and fluidity of the game. I've been playing 2K for the past 4 years so I am certainly not being biased, the fact is that 2K doesn't have very good gameplay. 2K looks amazing but the game play was never very fun or realistic.

I don't know what you mean about game play, Live has always had good game play excluding last years disaster. Live's issue was simply graphics, everything else was always great. Just look back at Live 10 and compare it to 2k10, it was a better game overall with very innovative features that 2K stole after EA fucked up Live.

Just look at the history, Live has always dominated. 2K has only been good for the past 4 years since EA screwed themselves over by trying to be too cute.
                      I was strictly a live fan up until and including live 10... I was forced to switch to 2k and I was blown away by how much better and more realistic the gameplay was. Its not even close and I was angry at myself for not figuring it out sooner. If you've played basketball or you're a real basketball fan and you know how basketball is supposed to be played, 2k is the best simulator out there period. Of course improvements can be made but live has not given any indication that they are capable of coming close to matching let alone surpassing 2k. I'd be extremely happy if they did tho. I'll be trying out both games.

Live was great for casual fans BECAUSE it was less realistic and more simplistic but if you love basketball its 2k all day
                      Last edited by Machine; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• anyone got day 1 destiny? i am still in a diablo rut like 5-8 hours a day

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          anyone got day 1 destiny? i am still in a diablo rut like 5-8 hours a day
                          I pre-ordered it and it's pretty damn epic. Its like a fusion between Halo and Mass Effect

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            I was strictly a live fan up until and including live 10... I was forced to switch to 2k and I was blown away by how much better and more realistic the gameplay was. Its not even close and I was angry at myself for not figuring it out sooner. If you've played basketball or you're a real basketball fan and you know how basketball is supposed to be played, 2k is the best simulator out there period. Of course improvements can be made but live has not given any indication that they are capable of coming close to matching let alone surpassing 2k. I'd be extremely happy if they did tho. I'll be trying out both games.

Live was great for casual fans BECAUSE it was less realistic and more simplistic but if you love basketball its 2k all day
                            That's you opinion man. Honestly I don't find 2K very fun or realistic anymore, i mean i used to at first but then i realized how repetitive it is. Live, IMO, offers much more diversity when it comes to game play and presentation. I never get bored of playing Live but 2K actually started to bore me. When you get passed all the shininess of the game, its honestly not that amazing. Tons of online problems, defense is horrible, way too easy to make three's, and they didn't even add bounce passing till just a few years ago lol

Comment

• EB games has the great policy that you have seven days(if you're a platinum member) to return your opened game purchase for a full store credit.

Well, game on with Destiny. I liked the beta but I was expecting much more in the full version. It's just more of the same... Moving on to something else.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                EB games has the great policy that you have seven days(if you're a platinum member) to return your opened game purchase for a full store credit.

Well, game on with Destiny. I liked the beta but I was expecting much more in the full version. It's just more of the same... Moving on to something else.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                                That's what I was afraid of. Was gonna buy it this weekend but maybe I'll hold off.

Comment

Working...
                                X