No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run and gun requires patience and strategy as well unless you enjoy being mascaraed. It's the pace that's different. I like faster pace gameplay. Fast does not mean mindless or inferior.

I decided to bring it back today while I was out at the mall; you gotta love the seven day return policy for EB Games Edge Members. I put down a preorder on COD Advanced Warfare. I planned on getting BF4 Premium Edition but they didn't have any, which is odd because it launched Oct. 21.

COD apparently launches tonight but I don't think I'm that eager to go wait in a lineup at 10PM for an hour....

Comment

• alright so i bought cod
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Gonna swing by and grab mine on the way home from work tonight. It's being well received from what I read this morning.

Comment

• Played the new COD last night after everybody went to bed; I think I stayed up until 1AM and had to get ready for work at 6AM. LOL

Its a lot of fun. The double jump (sort of like Destiny) and the power slide (sort of like Vanquished but only lasting a few seconds) are great additions and help you move across a map really fast. I love mid to long ranged gun battles and this games' big maps play into my tastes. I love the loadouts, it's a nice setup and there are certainly a bunch of elements that put my in mind of BLOPS 1. I am happy I purchased this. It's a lot better than Destiny. This is the best COD I've played in a long time, you can tell they put a lot into this.

Comment

• yeah i'm really digging it. the exo abilities give it a real breath of fresh air
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• So three days in now I'm starting to revert back to my normal playstyle and I generally opt not to use the exo at all unless its to avoid danger in an emergency or to draw in attention. Reason being is that every time you use your exo abilities you ping the mini map on the enemy side, giving away your location. My K : D took a sharp rise once I figured this out.

Comment

• Do these COD games any sort of Single Player Story Mode? I remember being massively disappointed with the 1P in the Original Modern Warfare.

Or are they purely Multiplayer with a token 1-player mode as bait?

Comment

• There is a campaign and co-op mode but don't expect a story like Last of Us but the story does cast Kevin Stacey as the villain and it is every how realistic he is.

The game is built around gameplay, graphics and multiplayer, as usual. If you're now down with multiplayer you're not going to find the value you expect from $70.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I passed on NBA 2K14 last year but I saw it yesterday at EB Games for $17. I bought it for that price because it seemed like a good deal and after hours of trying to figure out how to get the damn thing installed(I disconnected my PS4 from the net; mission accomplished) I have to admit it's a steal at that price. I started a My GM career and downloaded a community 2015 roster file and away we go with all the guys on the right teams, along with all this year's rookies.

This is definitely a better sports game than Madden 25 and Madden 15. I was surprised at the story elements in my player careers, nice touch.

Do you guys have any tip for earning VC?

Side note, I returned Advanced Warfare. The online lag truly became a game breaking issue after my last post. I googled the issue and it seems like it's a problem across all platform. My $70 isn't going into something that they cut corners on by not lining up dedicated servers. When you consider how much they make off these games it is crazy that they didn't opt for dedicated servers.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any of you pick up Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor? Its insanely good. Definitely a game of the year candidate

Comment

• NBA 2k should go free to play. Wow, I'm glad I only spent $17 because this micro-transaction customer gouging is ridiculous for a $70 game. They shouldn't charge customers anything if their intent is to slow the experience to a crawl without dumping in a lot of real world coin. They should make a judgement call, either they're free to play or they're a retail game with maybe DLC. I can't see them sustaining success going down their current path.

This experience is leading me to believe my next hoops game with be NBA Live whenever they can produce something worth playing.

Comment

• Black Flag & Inquisition

AC: Black Flag may be one of my favorite games all time now. I'm only 20% complete but it is so much fun and a lot different from the rest of the series(which honestly bores me). I decided to give this one a try only by chance and I'm glad I did. They should do a spinoff Black Flag series because the naval combat and pirating is so much fun. I haven't progressed the story all that much, I just sail around raiding and then upgrading my ship so that I can take down even greater targets. I love it and I don't recall the last time a game drew me in so much. I would have to probably go back to Skyrim or Fallout: New Vegas or maybe Vanquish or Rainbow Six: Vegas to find a game that drew me in this much. It is better than it's reviews and it's a high value purchase. I don't say that much anymore.

I have a pre-order down on Dragon Age Inquisition so my TV viewing won't be making a comeback anytime soon. Inquisition is getting rave reviews across the board. It's epic story and map are drawing comparisons to Skyrim in terms of magnitude. It gets a little knock on combat system but that's not why you play these games. Combat needs to be at least passable though. I'm picking this one up tonight I guess. I'm still going through Black Flag, which I never anticipated being so good, so I have a good dilemma here.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            AC: Black Flag may be one of my favorite games all time now. I'm only 20% complete but it is so much fun and a lot different from the rest of the series(which honestly bores me). I decided to give this one a try only by chance and I'm glad I did. They should do a spinoff Black Flag series because the naval combat and pirating is so much fun. I haven't progressed the story all that much, I just sail around raiding and then upgrading my ship so that I can take down even greater targets. I love it and I don't recall the last time a game drew me in so much. I would have to probably go back to Skyrim or Fallout: New Vegas or maybe Vanquish or Rainbow Six: Vegas to find a game that drew me in this much. It is better than it's reviews and it's a high value purchase. I don't say that much anymore.

I have a pre-order down on Dragon Age Inquisition so my TV viewing won't be making a comeback anytime soon. Inquisition is getting rave reviews across the board. It's epic story and map are drawing comparisons to Skyrim in terms of magnitude. It gets a little knock on combat system but that's not why you play these games. Combat needs to be at least passable though. I'm picking this one up tonight I guess. I'm still going through Black Flag, which I never anticipated being so good, so I have a good dilemma here.
                            Dragon Age looks really really good, i'm definitely picking that one up. I agree with you there, Black Flag was the best AC in my opinion, it was the first game i got with my ps4 and i loved it. AC Unity on the other hand has soo many technical problems, the frame rate drops below 30 multiple times during gameplay. It reminds me of Splinter Cell double agent on ps3, if you played it you'd know what i'm talking about. Insanely laggy yet so much potential, hopefully they fix it with a patch. Oh and Far Cry 4 came out yesterday I believe, tons of good games this month.

Comment

• GTA5 redux is just incredible

like, the orginal game was my game of the year but this is just insane
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                GTA5 redux is just incredible

like, the orginal game was my game of the year but this is just insane
                                Ya I plan on getting it for PC. 4K resolution will be ridiculous with that.

I still play the PS3 version a few times a week with a buddy of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X