No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first few hours of the game are the lowest point of the game. If you log 8-10 hours you'll view the whole thing differently. It takes a while to get everything setup but you're looking at +100 hour game so judging based on the prelude is a bad call if you're for a great RPG experience.

My advice would be to try to progress the story in the first 5-10 hours and then branch out into side quests and exploration. One side quest you may want before that is the one where you get your first mount.

Word of advice, all the maps have different areas of level requirements. You may stumble upon a rift that needs sealing and of course you're gonna want to seal it because its one of the more satisfying things in the game. Only problem is that you're up on it before you realize that the enemy greatly outclasses you. Don't be afraid to run.

Comment

• i used the ruffalo, from the mount area mission, to clear the river right with the reapers in it. ruffalo kicked their asses

Comment

• Has anyone tried taking down a ram by running him over on a mount? I have a hard time hunting them unless I take two rogues and a mage or vice versa with me out in the field(I'm a warrior with a traditional sword and shield setup.)

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Has anyone tried taking down a ram by running him over on a mount? I have a hard time hunting them unless I take two rogues and a mage or vice versa with me out in the field(I'm a warrior with a traditional sword and shield setup.)

Freeze em

Comment

• Not sure how many guys here play platformers/puzzle games.... or have a Wii still, collecting dust. Why? I broke mine out because I recently got a very unique puzzle platformer from a buddy of mine who just wanted to get rid of his games. The game; A Boy and His Blob (Yes folks, it's a remake of the NES game!) is one of the best puzzle platformers I've ever played. Great game, unique visuals (everything is hand-drawn, then animated in CGI, but sticks to a storybook style) and super fun. The game starts off pretty easy, but man oh man does it get difficult.... haven't even beaten it all fully yet! If you guy are looking for a great challenging game that is completely unique, I recommend it.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Not sure how many guys here play platformers/puzzle games.... or have a Wii still, collecting dust. Why? I broke mine out because I recently got a very unique puzzle platformer from a buddy of mine who just wanted to get rid of his games. The game; A Boy and His Blob (Yes folks, it's a remake of the NES game!) is one of the best puzzle platformers I've ever played. Great game, unique visuals (everything is hand-drawn, then animated in CGI, but sticks to a storybook style) and super fun. The game starts off pretty easy, but man oh man does it get difficult.... haven't even beaten it all fully yet! If you guy are looking for a great challenging game that is completely unique, I recommend it.
              A boy and his blob, old school!!
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So what's on your Xmas wish list?

I'm on ps3, and looking for Dishonored, Last of Us, and Lego Marvel. Trying to clear all my ps3 list before I upgrade to ps4.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Getting a 295x2 and replaying Borderlands2 and Skyrum @ 4K. Then Jenga

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    A boy and his blob, old school!!
                    Yup.. I'm a huge old school gamer, as well as a sport gamer.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Anybody running into issues with xbone playing nba2k15? Recently bought it and tried to run last night with my cuz and it wouldnt work for online quick game... very disappointed if i have a fucking $800 paper weight

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        At the bored as shit stage right now. Really could just play WoW instead of the first few hours of this crap. Hopefully it improves. DAO was one of my favorite games DA2 was utter crap
                        I thought that too but once i started exploring and crafting shit. It started getting really good! I went into an underground dwarven dungeon thingy and it was freaking awesome, got so much loot. Honestly i find myself using Solas a lot, its really fun using magic and i love the staff attacks it looks sick haha. But yea as Apollo said, the game is kinda weird when it comes to the enemy levels, like there's a rift near the farm in the hinterlands that requires you to be lvl 12. So you gotta watch out for that and steer clear, make sure to save often like in Skyrim. Crafting is the best way to get strong weapons quick and customize them to your liking, i highly recommend it! My character is a rogue with dual wielded daggers and most of my gear is crafted unless i find better unique or rare loot.

Comment

• I got totally annihilated at that Rift. I never realized I was in really deep shit until the third wave when I went to use a potion and there were none left ha, ha.

Haven't been gaming this week but I'm going back to this game this week.

999 should also check out the area with the zombies. I think it's the most southern place on the lower right hand world map. You'll find relentless action there, just go for a stroll through the swamp.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I got totally annihilated at that Rift. I never realized I was in really deep shit until the third wave when I went to use a potion and there were none left ha, ha.

Haven't been gaming this week but I'm going back to this game this week.

999 should also check out the area with the zombies. I think it's the most southern place on the lower right hand world map. You'll find relentless action there, just go for a stroll through the swamp.

Solas and my party got eaten by a bear. Is there any reason I'm picking elfroot I got a shit ton. The Hinterlands is one fucking giant maze. Third time I'm next to a objective marker but now I have to backtrack to get onto a fucking cliff. Feels like Red Dead Redemption without the cowboys tbh.

Comment

• elfroot used to upgrade your potions in the shop in haven.

i am playing an off tank. i use varric to start fights. behaviored my own character to follow controlled player, which would be varric. then behaviored varric, solas to follow me and cassandra to defend me.

varric shoots, my guy takes off. built to create a guard asap so i can grab all the enemies. cassandra has taunt as a preferred power and she taunts them off of me, then with everyone following my lead we can focus fire the enemies down.

i recommend getting the stereo surround sound headphones. the mic for them make the connect options work great. voice commands work super good with this game. cassandra defend varric and she runs right away to pull enemies off. varric heal, drinks a potion. very nice
                              Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Dec 14, 2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                elfroot used to upgrade your potions in the shop in haven.

i am playing an off tank. i use varric to start fights. behaviored my own character to follow controlled player, which would be varric. then behaviored varric, solas to follow me and cassandra to defend me.

varric shoots, my guy takes off. built to create a guard asap so i can grab all the enemies. cassandra has taunt as a preferred power and she taunts them off of me, then with everyone following my lead we can focus fire the enemies down.

i recommend getting the stereo surround sound headphones. the mic for them make the connect options work great. voice commands work super good with this game. cassandra defend varric and she runs right away to pull enemies off. varric heal, drinks a potion. very nice
                                There are voice commands? Huh, man I need to read manuals

Comment

Working...
                                X