Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my copy and I'm loving 2k13!

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think of the gameplay? and what are the major differences from last year? Just wondering because I'm on the bubble to either buy it or not

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think of the gameplay? and what are the major differences from last year? Just wondering because I'm on the bubble to either buy it or not
    The gameplay is really fluid, and much faster. Pretty big upgrade on 2k12.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    This game is the Bazzzzomb

Post Thanks / Like

As a PC gamer, I feel seriously discriminated against .. I just went to Future Shop, EB Games and 'Gamerama' (whatever that is) and NONE of them carried the PC version. Lucky for me they're all within a 4 minute walk. But still.. haha
    And Steam doesn't carry it yet. This is some BS.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    The gameplay is really fluid, and much faster. Pretty big upgrade on 2k12.
    Faster? Uhh...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    As a PC gamer, I feel seriously discriminated against .. I just went to Future Shop, EB Games and 'Gamerama' (whatever that is) and NONE of them carried the PC version. Lucky for me they're all within a 4 minute walk. But still.. haha
    You should be thankful it's on PC at all. When was the last time Madden was released for PC?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: against site rules

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder when they are going to patch it, I can't play association mode . I read someone returned their copy for a new disc, and the 'error communicating with server' issue fixed. Wondering should I try it, or just wait to see if its fixed with a patch

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    I wonder when they are going to patch it, I can't play association mode . I read someone returned their copy for a new disc, and the 'error communicating with server' issue fixed. Wondering should I try it, or just wait to see if its fixed with a patch
    is it for xbox or ps3? if you bought it for ps3 you should've just downloaded it off the PS store. You don't get charged that 13% tax and it rarely has any problems. But you have to have a good amount of space on your HDD, i downloaded many games off the psn store and my 250GB got reduced to 80Gb. It takes up a quite a bit of memory but its worth it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    is it for xbox or ps3? if you bought it for ps3 you should've just downloaded it off the PS store. You don't get charged that 13% tax and it rarely has any problems. But you have to have a good amount of space on your HDD, i downloaded many games off the psn store and my 250GB got reduced to 80Gb. It takes up a quite a bit of memory but its worth it
    Yeah, I was thinking of downloading symphony of the night and final fantasy 7. It seems the bug is fixed now, I'm not sure how, because there was no new patch or anything

Post Thanks / Like

Ok .. I got 2k13.. couple things make me hate it immediately. Couple good things almost make up for the couple things I hate.

The Bad

First, they couldn't have the Rosters up to date (Blatche and Terrence Williams were still listed as Free Agents). Lame.

Second, in association mode, not only do they STILL have Alex English as our Lead Assistant; they also still have that JERK Tim Green on Staff, who costs 75% of the Staff Budget, making it impossible to make any sort of Staff moves. Super Lame.

Third, this business with changing the Dribbling style AGAIN is getting on my nerves. I don't even think its better than before! I will have to spend ALOT of time in the "Advanced Controls" page to learn all the new combos. They even changes Alley-Oop. Pissed.

And now having to press a Trigger AND a Joystick to shoot the ball?! Crazy talk.

Players face models almost seem worse... maybe its just me.

The Good..ish

Textures are better though. Meh.

They've got a few Classic teams available right out of the gate, which is nice. And they actually let you trade the players off of those teams. Which is also nice I guess, though it just blows me away it took them this long to figure out we'd want this option.

Soundtrack. Hova.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok .. I got 2k13.. couple things make me hate it immediately. Couple good things almost make up for the couple things I hate.

The Bad

First, they couldn't have the Rosters up to date (Blatche and Terrence Williams were still listed as Free Agents). Lame.

Second, in association mode, not only do they STILL have Alex English as our Lead Assistant; they also still have that JERK Tim Green on Staff, who costs 75% of the Staff Budget, making it impossible to make any sort of Staff moves. Super Lame.

Third, this business with changing the Dribbling style AGAIN is getting on my nerves. I don't even think its better than before! I will have to spend ALOT of time in the "Advanced Controls" page to learn all the new combos. They even changes Alley-Oop. Pissed.

And now having to press a Trigger AND a Joystick to shoot the ball?! Crazy talk.

The Good..ish

Textures are better though. Meh.

They've got a few Classic teams available right out of the gate, which is nice. And they actually let you trade the players off of those teams. Which is also nice I guess, though it just blows me away it took them this long to figure out we'd want this option.

Soundtrack. Hova.
    Not cool Joey. Why you gotta ruin it for me before I grab it? lol But then again, you play on PC, right?

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I still use the X or B button on my XBOX controller to shoot, so I guess the trig/joystick to shoot option doesn't matter to me so much.

I'm just about to play my Bowl game in NCAA13(online league with buddies), then move onto season two, so I don't think I'll grab it for another 2-3 weeks anyways.

But who has used the Raps so far?? What do you think of our squad in the game?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You should be thankful it's on PC at all. When was the last time Madden was released for PC?
    Madden 07 for the PC was a million times better than the xbox version. Shaun Alexander was on the cover. Doesn't that seem like a lifetime ago now??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Not cool Joey. Why you gotta ruin it for me before I grab it? lol But then again, you play on PC, right?
    Haha Sorry man. Just thought you'd wanna know. And ya I do.
    I use a Microsoft 360 controller, so its just like I have a 360, but more powerful and I can get mods for the games. haha Although, apparently a little harder to come by the games themselves as well. :S

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I still use the X or B button on my XBOX controller to shoot, so I guess the trig/joystick to shoot option doesn't matter to me so much.
    Ya they left that in tact. I use that shoot button when I'm spotting up. Otherwise, I like to use the Joystick, as it allows you to control the direction with which the shooter leans/protects from defender.

I'm just about to play my Bowl game in NCAA13(online league with buddies), then move onto season two, so I don't think I'll grab it for another 2-3 weeks anyways.
    I always wondered if people played those NCAA games. Apparently with this years NCAA, you can even bring your character from NCAA into Madden when your done.

But who has used the Raps so far?? What do you think of our squad in the game?
    They need a little stat adjusting, not going to lie. But all in all, not too bad. I only played a couple games with Raps, but Lowry is pretty fun to run around with.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bad

You can revert the stick controls to the 2k12 version. I'm cool with the 2k13 version cause I press square anyway :P

Terrence Ross looks just like him, that's a plus
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Dishonored looks amazing.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I could never sit and play a full season of any sports game other than Madden. The seasons are too long and I don't have the patience for it. I'm currently playing Borderlands 2.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Dishonored looks amazing.
    I saw a review for that, it looks badass.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: against site rules

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information