Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Happy iPhone Upgrade Day!

  1. #21
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What they need to fix is the "can you hear me?" bug. What a fuckin' pain in the ass.
    Since I've gotten the 4S I've noticed that maybe HALF of the outgoing calls I make, the other person can't hear me! I can hear them perfectly but they can't hear a thing. I'm stuck there repeatedly saying "hello? hello? can you hear me?". Which me makes me feel like a complete tool.

    Apparently it's common enough that there is a little movement among 4S users to get this problem patched up asap. IDK but it bugs the fuck out of me. I called Telus and they say they are aware of this issue but there is not much they can do but wait for Apple to fix the problem. WTF!? No replacement or nothing.

    Anyone else have this problem?

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    What they need to fix is the "can you hear me?" bug. What a fuckin' pain in the ass.
    Since I've gotten the 4S I've noticed that maybe HALF of the outgoing calls I make, the other person can't hear me! I can hear them perfectly but they can't hear a thing. I'm stuck there repeatedly saying "hello? hello? can you hear me?". Which me makes me feel like a complete tool.

    Apparently it's common enough that there is a little movement among 4S users to get this problem patched up asap. IDK but it bugs the fuck out of me. I called Telus and they say they are aware of this issue but there is not much they can do but wait for Apple to fix the problem. WTF!? No replacement or nothing.

    Anyone else have this problem?
    The only thing I can think of is when holding the phone and talking on it, try not to cover the little Black lines at the lower end of the side of the Phone (seen below).
    The metal band around the phone is actually the phones Antenna, and if you cover up the little Black lines, then the signal loss is pretty significant. There was a whole big deal made about you can't hold your phone properly if you own an iPhone 4, and I assume they never changed the 4S.

    In Masai we Trust.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Huh ok I never knew that. I guess I'm S.O.L. then cuz I use a fairly heavy duty cover for my phone-the otter box which completely covers it. I'm a bit of a klutz (already dropped it a couple of times) and I've got a little kiddie running around who loves phones for some reason. I know he'll get to it sooner or later so I got to protect my phone haha.

    But I'll do a little experiment and try going without the otter box a couple of days and see if I notice a difference.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The iPhones have always generally had subpar radios.. not awful like HTC... but definitely waaaaay worse than the old school standards... if your phone is primarily a PHONE and not a pocket PC, best to stick with the 90s all-star.... Motorola, Nokia, etc

  5. #25
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jailbreaking the Iphone 4S

    Anyone have their 4S jailbroken? I'm debating whether to do this or not. I've heard some of the pros and cons but was hoping to get some of ya'lls input. Is it worth it?

  6. #26
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Anyone have their 4S jailbroken? I'm debating whether to do this or not. I've heard some of the pros and cons but was hoping to get some of ya'lls input. Is it worth it?
    A buddy of mine has had his jailbroken for a while now, and he's thinking of putting it back to stock.
    Most of the 'cool' things that you could with Jailbreaking, that you couldn't do before with the Standard OS, you can do now and then some..
    We've even got stuff now that my buddy wishes he had on his phone that he can't because its jailbroken.

    In my humble opinion, I would steer away from jailbreaking at this point. Not worth the risk of some of the Viruses you can get, PLUS possibility of losing any Warranty you might have on the phone.
    In Masai we Trust.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    A buddy of mine has had his jailbroken for a while now, and he's thinking of putting it back to stock.
    Most of the 'cool' things that you could with Jailbreaking, that you couldn't do before with the Standard OS, you can do now and then some..
    We've even got stuff now that my buddy wishes he had on his phone that he can't because its jailbroken.

    In my humble opinion, I would steer away from jailbreaking at this point. Not worth the risk of some of the Viruses you can get, PLUS possibility of losing any Warranty you might have on the phone.
    Shit too late. I jail broke it yesterday. Playing around with Cydia and Installous. Once again I find myself just a bit overwhelmed.
    Sigh

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i have a sony ericsson xperia x10... worst phone ever. Crashes alot and overheats. Its a piece of fucking crap, can't wait till my plans finished next year so i can upgrade to an iphone 5 or sumthing, im done with android

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Shit too late. I jail broke it yesterday. Playing around with Cydia and Installous. Once again I find myself just a bit overwhelmed.
    Sigh
    the full free apps are awesome though. My i jail broke my lil bro's ipad 2 and you can download all the games for free. Who wants to pay for that shit anyway

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    the full free apps are awesome though. My i jail broke my lil bro's ipad 2 and you can download all the games for free. Who wants to pay for that shit anyway
    If you think they are shit, why make the effort to jailbreak to download them for free?

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    it's been a long time since i had an iphone... i'll spare you the regular pro-android diatribe... if you've heard it before, you already know... you're just in denial

    when i did have an iphone though, i did jailbreak it.... at first, it's AWESOME... so much additional tweaking... file directory access.. being all illegal and whatnot... good times..

    eventually, the bugginess got to me... had to revert back to stock... even if it meant paying the $2 or so for apps i used... the $20-30 total that i spent on apps was well worth my phone not being glitchy as hell

  12. #32
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm loving all the personal tweaks and customizations you can apply to the jail broken phone. Plus all the free games and features are super cool. I haven't encountered any bugginess yet. *keeps fingers crossed*

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •