Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan Ballislife Summer Mixtape

I need the 2012 season so I can see Demar play this year
    Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Oct 13, 2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: vid inserted

Gotta admit, those are some significantly improved ball handling abilities.

This summer will do nothing but boost his confidence.

Comment

I wish I could watch this but I'm at work right now.

How's his shot looking?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I wish I could watch this but I'm at work right now.

How's his shot looking?
        Yup I'm in the same boat. Damn firewalls.

Hopefully his increased ball handling skills will translate into him being able to create some space between him and the defender. More space = better shot opportunities imo

Comment

he hits some tough shots and looks a lot more comfortable handling the ball. the problem is that they're only highlights so you don't see any mistakes. I know one highlight from the Drew-Gooman game last week is when Wall picks DeMar's pocket and goes all the way for a dunk. We really won't know how he's improved until the season starts.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            he hits some tough shots and looks a lot more comfortable handling the ball. the problem is that they're only highlights so you don't see any mistakes. I know one highlight from the Drew-Gooman game last week is when Wall picks DeMar's pocket and goes all the way for a dunk. We really won't know how he's improved until the season starts.
            Though I do agree that you must watch these videos with a grain of salt; I think you can surmise that his Ball Handling has absolutely improved just by watching. There's no way he'd be spinning around guys and going through his legs before a pull-up 18footer, last year.

Again, even if his overall game hasn't improved by leaps and bounds, I think his confidence HAS, and that will only enable him to step out on the court and FEEL like he can dominate.

Half of being the best, is KNOWING you can be. And doing this on a regular basis, as Demar has been, proves to your system that its capable of doing such things whenever you want it to.

Comment

Nice left-handed jam in there that I wasn't expecting. Handles are still a bit shakey in traffic. He still seems to look for contact but not know what to do once he gets it. Shot mechanics look a bit more deliberate, and slow. ugh. Who knows.
              Welp, that sucked.

Comment

joey is right. If his confidence has improved it'll open up his whole game. Last year he started off slow and started gaining confidence after the all star break. This season will prove whether or not he can be an all star.

Comment

loving those spins and clutches.. and his handle in general...looks like a young kobe in this mixtape afro and everything! and we all know his mid range game is gonna be nasty next year!
                  Hopefully we can get a deal done here next Tuesday:
                  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tor_On_Tuesday

Comment

what caught my eye were the stepback jumpers. very kobe-esque and jordan-esque.
                    i think it will be a very good tool for him and be able to separate himself from the defender.

Comment

Eric Koreen of the National Post just put up an interview that he did with DeMar. (Link: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...medium=twitter)

Here was the two questions and answers that jumped out to me, and seem to relate well with this video:

NP Where have you seen a noticeable improvement in yourself?
                      DD My three-point shooting has been a lot better. I’m more comfortable with it. I’m a lot stronger and a lot more confident. That’s one aspect I definitely feel comfortable with now.

NP It was sort of a last resort last year, maybe at end-of-shot-clock situations. You feel like it will be part of your game now?
                      DD Definitely. I’m pretty sure I’ll be shooting a lot more threes, catch-and-shoot off the dribble, spotting up, all different type of shots. I feel confident with it.
                      If DeRozan's three pointer does actually become a common weapon for him, that would mean huge strides in his game. Hopefully this is more then just self-confidence.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        Eric Koreen of the National Post just put up an interview that he did with DeMar. (Link: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...medium=twitter)

Here was the two questions and answers that jumped out to me, and seem to relate well with this video:

If DeRozan's three pointer does actually become a common weapon for him, that would mean huge strides in his game. Hopefully this is more then just self-confidence.
                        I liked hearing this:

NP How much are you talking to your teammates?
                        DD Oh man, I was just talking to Jerryd [Bayless] last week. We were in Mexico. We played in two games in Mexico. I always talk to him. I always talk to James [Johnson]. I talk to all the guys as much as I can.

NP Is there any thought to getting a few of the guys together and working out?
                        DD Yeah. I talked to Jerryd a few days ago. I’m going to go out to Phoenix. We’re going to get a couple guys to come to Phoenix this weekend.
                        JB is from Arizona. Derozans going to hang out in JBs home town! Brotherly Bonding. I love it! Those two are the future.

Comment

his jumper is wet and his dunks were insane. Need to throw down some sexy windmills this season

Comment

Working...
                          X