Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Want Bosh? Take Turk

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Want Bosh? Take Turk

    Before I condemn Hedo as a total failure in all respects and spend hours on the ESPN trade machine trying to find a willing sucker, I mean suitor. I am willing to wait for the playoffs and see if he still has any Magic from last years run left in him. My cynical side says all that is left in him is a pizza crust graveyard.

    Why is ESPN so confident of Bosh's imminent departure, if not from a trade then from free agency? Isn't that what they said about Vince and even he resigned. I have to believe if he is wililng to bolt, he is at least man enough to give Bryan a lil heads up around say the middle of February.

    If we do end up trading Bosh, are we not essentially blowing the team up? Why not force whoever wants him so badly to take Turk's contract in return for the poo poo platter we will likely receive. Personally I think the best move is to hopefully move Calderon/picks/cash for a SG/SF like Butler or Kevin Martin, assuming of course they are being sold for 70 cents on the dollar. We go into the playoffs with a 6th seed and hopefully face a struggling Orlando, an injured Celtics team or Cavs team whom we seem to match up reasonably well against.

    There seems to be only two viable options. Contend now by showing Bosh we are a legit contender and adding one more piece or trade Bosh for young talent and hope its pans out. Raptor nation has this naive notion that we can trade Bosh and still compete for that 5/6 seed. If Bosh leaves, we are back to the dark ages of trying to win the lottery.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dont think B.C is going to give up that quick on Turk. The only way he goes if like the ROTD says we find guns in his locker then void his ass.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Before I condemn Hedo as a total failure in all respects and spend hours on the ESPN trade machine trying to find a willing sucker, I mean suitor. I am willing to wait for the playoffs and see if he still has any Magic from last years run left in him. My cynical side says all that is left in him is a pizza crust graveyard.

    Why is ESPN so confident of Bosh's imminent departure, if not from a trade then from free agency? Isn't that what they said about Vince and even he resigned. I have to believe if he is wililng to bolt, he is at least man enough to give Bryan a lil heads up around say the middle of February.

    If we do end up trading Bosh, are we not essentially blowing the team up? Why not force whoever wants him so badly to take Turk's contract in return for the poo poo platter we will likely receive. Personally I think the best move is to hopefully move Calderon/picks/cash for a SG/SF like Butler or Kevin Martin, assuming of course they are being sold for 70 cents on the dollar. We go into the playoffs with a 6th seed and hopefully face a struggling Orlando, an injured Celtics team or Cavs team whom we seem to match up reasonably well against.

    There seems to be only two viable options. Contend now by showing Bosh we are a legit contender and adding one more piece or trade Bosh for young talent and hope its pans out. Raptor nation has this naive notion that we can trade Bosh and still compete for that 5/6 seed. If Bosh leaves, we are back to the dark ages of trying to win the lottery.
    For the last time, this is an awful situation for turkoglu. yeah, he only came here for the money but he probably didnt know he would be relegated to a jason kapono type role. He probably didnt know that bargnani plays like a shooting guard since he is listed as............a center!!

    Keep daydreaming. an injured boston team would still dismantle us. the cavs would demolish us. the magic would win in 5 games. stop kidding yourself.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You are insane. If we get a legit SG, we will take the Magic and Boston to 7 games.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raffy15 wrote: View Post
    For the last time, this is an awful situation for turkoglu. yeah, he only came here for the money but he probably didnt know he would be relegated to a jason kapono type role. He probably didnt know that bargnani plays like a shooting guard since he is listed as............a center!!

    Keep daydreaming. an injured boston team would still dismantle us. the cavs would demolish us. the magic would win in 5 games. stop kidding yourself.
    Lay off the haterade, its not that his role has been relegated to Kapono duty, that is just how he is playing. I don't know how much you have been watching this year, but Bargs has been down low all season. The majority of his three's come as a trailer or the third option after the balls been kicked in. Turk has had the exact same opportunities he had in Orlando.

    Yea we are mostly likely getting tossed in the second round, (keeping my fingers crossed) but the raps are a team that causes match up problems. If Turk can start hitting shots thier dangerous. The celtics own us and the hawks own us, everything else we at least have a punchers chance.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ripp wrote: View Post
    You are insane. If we get a legit SG, we will take the Magic and Boston to 7 games.
    if by "legit sg", you mean Kobe or wade...then yes...we would take those teams to 7 games...if not then your delusional...our overall defense is still horrendous, we just arent good enough to beat those teams...

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They will not have KG at full strength, so we win at PF and C. If Bargnani learns to guard Perkins so we can put Bosh on Wallace, and so the advantage becomes even more lopsided in our favor.

    They win at PG, SG, and SF currently. But with they heavy minutes Ray and PP will play this season, I suspect the SF matchup will be fairly even. Give us a good SG (Kevin Martin, Rip), and we take them to 7 games. Give us a GREAT SG/SF like Iggy, and we are favored slightly.

    Don't you see how every team that gets to play heavily against the Celtics does better and better? Atlanta. Chicago. They are an OLD team that relies on illegal defense heavily. Neither Wallace or Perkins can guard CB. All Wallace wants to do is to shoot..if we can put Bargs on Perkins for extended periods of time, Bosh will shut Wallace down.

    Seriously, without KG, and with the infusion of a legitimate starting SG, the Celtics are ripe for the taking.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ripp wrote: View Post
    They will not have KG at full strength, so we win at PF and C. If Bargnani learns to guard Perkins so we can put Bosh on Wallace, and so the advantage becomes even more lopsided in our favor.

    They win at PG, SG, and SF currently. But with they heavy minutes Ray and PP will play this season, I suspect the SF matchup will be fairly even. Give us a good SG (Kevin Martin, Rip), and we take them to 7 games. Give us a GREAT SG/SF like Iggy, and we are favored slightly.

    Don't you see how every team that gets to play heavily against the Celtics does better and better? Atlanta. Chicago. They are an OLD team that relies on illegal defense heavily. Neither Wallace or Perkins can guard CB. All Wallace wants to do is to shoot..if we can put Bargs on Perkins for extended periods of time, Bosh will shut Wallace down.

    Seriously, without KG, and with the infusion of a legitimate starting SG, the Celtics are ripe for the taking.
    rondo > jose/jack
    Allen > derozan/beli
    Pierce > hedo/wright
    Bosh > Wallace, KG > Bosh and Perkins < Bosh
    Perkins > Bargs, Wallace = Bargs, KG > Bargs

    they are way better than us...get real...

    and you cant just assume KG, Pierce and Allen are gonna be tired because of heavy minutes...and they beat us last game without KG, Pierce and Rondo remember?

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We get better every game against them. KG will not be at full strength even if back. Perkins and Wallace give Bargs trouble, but if he can only guard Perkins successfully then we can put Bosh on KG/Wallace. This uses less of his energy on offense, and both won't contribute much to offense.

    Pierce is better than Hedo, but they are wearing him out like a dog this year! Same with Allen.

    There is no reason to believe that Bargs will not be able to guard Perk successfully by the end of the season. If that occurs, we have significant advantages at PF and C, whether KG comes back or not. Even if he returns, won't be at full strength.

    I'd say we are evenly matched if you compare Boston's 1,3,4,5 versus ours (assuming no KG, or hobbled KG). Give us Iggy or healthy KMart and we have the advantage.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ripp wrote: View Post
    Give us Iggy or healthy KMart and we have the advantage.
    one of the most useless/dumbest arguments ever....

    how about, give us lebron and we will beat every team...

    how about making some realistic arguments....comon man...

    and we 0-2 vs boston this season, with their guys hurtin', thats a stat you cannot change....

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star brothersteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ripp wrote: View Post
    You are insane. If we get a legit SG, we will take the Magic and Boston to 7 games.
    A wing of Iguodala or Bulter status would make the Raps contenders in the East.

    Hedo gets a sore back and some people are ready to toss him over the side. Give the guy a chance!
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

    Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

  12. #12
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    Dont think B.C is going to give up that quick on Turk. The only way he goes if like the ROTD says we find guns in his locker then void his ass.
    Yeah, same here. Colangelo's going to show patience here and give Turkoglu the chance to succeed by making him the playmaker that he feels he is (see recent quotes). Jack is a bargain which leaves Jose Calderon as bait.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would be inclined to agree with you, but then I remembered taht he did not show such patience last year with J.O. so who knows?

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What is the other option other than patience? I can't see many GM's looking to add four more years at 40 mil. It gives me hope to see Orlando struggle, maybe Hedo is some sort of playoff idiot savant.

    I read his quotes about not getting enough play making opportunities. I will agree that Jay always pulls him too early in the first quarter. Every game he seems to come out with six mins left after contributing usually very little. Either let him find his rhythm or don't start him at all. He has had countless opportunities in the fourth with the ball at the top of the key and Bosh setting a high screen. I haven't see him really make too many plays. It seems that the other teams D tightens up and he 'adapts' by forcing off balanced, awkward looking 18 footers. I also feel if he hits that shot against Pheonix, were not having this conversation.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post

    Why is ESPN so confident of Bosh's imminent departure, if not from a trade then from free agency?
    I know that TNT is not ESPN but in my opinion they share many of the same views regarding the NBA teams and players.

    Last night I believe it was Barkley though it could have been Smith that complimented the city of Toronto but dissed the Raptors.

    It could be that that TNT and ESPN think that Bosh deserves? to be on a better team.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Lay off the haterade, its not that his role has been relegated to Kapono duty, that is just how he is playing. I don't know how much you have been watching this year, but Bargs has been down low all season. The majority of his three's come as a trailer or the third option after the balls been kicked in. Turk has had the exact same opportunities he had in Orlando.

    Yea we are mostly likely getting tossed in the second round, (keeping my fingers crossed) but the raps are a team that causes match up problems. If Turk can start hitting shots thier dangerous. The celtics own us and the hawks own us, everything else we at least have a punchers chance.
    i would love it if the raps could get deep in the post season but its not going to happen unless bosh transforms into the do- everything star this team desperately craves. i know turk will step up but who else will follow? bargnani? calderon?

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    What is the other option other than patience? I can't see many GM's looking to add four more years at 40 mil. It gives me hope to see Orlando struggle, maybe Hedo is some sort of playoff idiot savant.

    I read his quotes about not getting enough play making opportunities. I will agree that Jay always pulls him too early in the first quarter. Every game he seems to come out with six mins left after contributing usually very little. Either let him find his rhythm or don't start him at all. He has had countless opportunities in the fourth with the ball at the top of the key and Bosh setting a high screen. I haven't see him really make too many plays. It seems that the other teams D tightens up and he 'adapts' by forcing off balanced, awkward looking 18 footers. I also feel if he hits that shot against Pheonix, were not having this conversation.
    jesuz, the shot versus phoenix that happened back in early november? lol, i remember that crappy night where i broke all the **** in my house because of the pats vs colts game that night. 4th and 2. eff that night.

    back on topic, turk was the only reason we were in the game up to the final minutes. and if he hits that shot versus phoenix what does that change? is all forgiven? what about that twisting shot from the baseline against the wizards that won the game? how come nobody remembers that?
    Last edited by Raffy15; Fri Jan 15th, 2010 at 01:01 PM.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    Dont think B.C is going to give up that quick on Turk. The only way he goes if like the ROTD says we find guns in his locker then void his ass.
    Yeah, same here. Colangelo's going to show patience here and give Turkoglu the chance to succeed by making him the playmaker that he feels he is (see recent quotes). Jack is a bargain which leaves Jose Calderon as bait.
    Agreed -- difficult to see Colangelo giving up on Turkoglu so soon. He showed great faith in him by giving him a five year $50 million contract. Hard for that type of belief to vanish so quickly.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Agreed, but Colangelo has never been accused of being afraid to pull the trigger on big moves. He moved Charlie V after finishing 2nd in ROY, TJ after inking him to a long term deal. JO lasted but a couple months and the Marion rental didn't seem to entice him either. I think we'd be surprised how easily Colangelo's faith can vanish if the price is right.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •