Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Howard leaving Orlando? Chance for the Raps?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Howard leaving Orlando? Chance for the Raps?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Do_In_Orlando

Is there even a slight, speckle, grain of hope that Dwight Howard will sign with the Raps when he becomes a free agent?

Good, Bad, Idiotic and Sarcastic comments are all welcomed. hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

He sounds like a guy about to break up with his Girlfriend...

"You know you're really special, and I'll always love you ... but ... "

Unless this 'door' he's talking about not wanting to close, is located on the 49th parallel, I don't see him coming here. haha
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

as great a player as he is, i'd cringe every time he shot a free throw. i'd almost rather not go through that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He sounds like a guy about to break up with his Girlfriend...

"You know you're really special, and I'll always love you ... but ... "

Unless this 'door' he's talking about not wanting to close, is located on the 49th parallel, I don't see him coming here. haha
    hahahaha thats exactly what i thought too. "Its not you, its me" hahaha

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Do_In_Orlando

Is there even a slight, speckle, grain of hope that Dwight Howard will sign with the Raps when he becomes a free agent?

Good, Bad, Idiotic and Sarcastic comments are all welcomed. hehehe.
    I had fun with this at the end of August.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...t+howard+trade

Post Thanks / Like

NO.......just no.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    NO.......just no.
    Howard's the type of player we should have no hesitation signing. He is one of the few players in the league that makes everyone around him better (whether intentional or not).

If the Raptors are magically able to sign Howard, it would instantly lift us to playoff contender, and would make Colangelo's job a LOT easier when filling out the rest of the roster. How easy would it be to sell prospective free agents on the idea of playing next to the greatest centre in the game today?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but no thanks.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

D howard and Ed Davis sounds like a crazy front court. But i don't know, i want to see what valanciunas can do.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah screw that. He's a whiny wiener. Love how he always has a whack load of techs every year yet "he's one of the most fun loving persona's of the NBA." Gag.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Yeah screw that. He's a whiny wiener. Love how he always has a whack load of techs every year yet "he's one of the most fun loving persona's of the NBA." Gag.
    hahaha that is such an irony.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    i say Delonte West is the most fun loving persona in the NBA. What's more fun than rolling around on a 3-wheeler, heavily medicated, carrying guns in a guitar case like you're a desperado.... and banging your highly overpaid co-worker's mom

dude clearly loves fun.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can sign howard you do it. I can't see how you could pass him up. That said, there are 29 other teams out there so even if everything was equal we'd only have a 3.3% chance (3.4 if you don't count Orlando) of getting him. Although NOT every team could afford him, not every team is equal in their ability to attract Howard. I think we are probably pretty well positioned to afford him, but not sure how much our situation would appeal to him. Overall I think 3.3% is about right...
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Im on the fence on this one.
    Howard is already 26, if the Raps do get him, they have to abandon the rebuilding process and would need to go to "Win now" mode. I dont think theyll have trouble getting talent around Howard if they get him, but they should aim for title contention within in the next 3 years coz i think Howard's contract and Howard himself might only be worth having for 3 years max.
    Will definitely be good beside Bargnani.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i say Delonte West is the most fun loving persona in the NBA. What's more fun than rolling around on a 3-wheeler, heavily medicated, carrying guns in a guitar case like you're a desperado.... and banging your highly overpaid co-worker's mom

dude clearly loves fun.
    hahahahaha made my day again heinz.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Im on the fence on this one.
    Howard is already 26, if the Raps do get him, they have to abandon the rebuilding process and would need to go to "Win now" mode. I dont think theyll have trouble getting talent around Howard if they get him, but they should aim for title contention within in the next 3 years coz i think Howard's contract and Howard himself might only be worth having for 3 years max.
    Will definitely be good beside Bargnani.
    I highly doubt Howard would sign in Toronto. But if he did, Bargnani suddenly makes sense and Derozan no longer does (unless he can suddenly hit a 3 ofcourse).

A big part of the rebuilding process, I think anyways, is to try and get a player like Howard.

I'm just picturing how screwed Orlando would be though... still with Arenas and Hedo under contract for a number of years. Ah well karma is a bitch I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    I highly doubt Howard would sign in Toronto. But if he did, Bargnani suddenly makes sense and Derozan no longer does (unless he can suddenly hit a 3 ofcourse).

A big part of the rebuilding process, I think anyways, is to try and get a player like Howard.

I'm just picturing how screwed Orlando would be though... still with Arenas and Hedo under contract for a number of years. Ah well karma is a bitch I guess.
    Im not being condescending and this is a legit question, why not Derozan? Kobe and Gasol i think played pretty good.

But isnt Howard too old to be the main part of a rebuild?

hahaha yeah. they better name more than burgers and convince the guy to stay as much as they can.
    but on the flipside, maybe its howard who's getting those two off their game....and im saying maybe.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But isnt Howard too old to be the main part of a rebuild?
    I suppose the rebuild idea would be abandoned if we landed Howard, and replaced with the "win now" approach. The only point of rebuilding is to land a piece like Howard. Then you start thinking about deep playoff runs.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it, dude is like Kobe. Would have loved to have him on my team but he's just too damn fun to cheer against. Dwight is such a dweeb. You can tell he came from a strict christian background. I just want to give him an atomic wedgie whenever I see him. He's the guy that goes to the club with you and buys Fresca all night and talks about his Medal of Honor record while you're trying to pick up chicks.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Fresca is pretty awesome though...........

with some vodka in it.

Thread Information